• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saint Seiya Discussion Thread (IV)

Why don't we use episode G or are they different versions of the main series?
In fact, they use, it's a lot of mixing us profiles, where that character doesn't have a certain ability and uses another ability from a spin-off that's a different timeline. As is the case with Hades, where he does not have type 8 immortality in the canon line, but is placed having it only because of the G which is another Hades from a totally different timeline. Basically the profiles are all disorganized lol

He's using EP G too and scan in spanish which isn't even allowed on vsbttles, the profile is a total mess

I don't know why you use timelines that don't even have links or mention within the canon line to establish an ability.

2 different things are being proved with a that imgur link, the G stuff establishes regen and Sho establishes type 8 and AE type 2.

and bro I agree, don’t even get me started on current DB canon, it’s worse than saint seiya at the moment.

2 different things are being proved with a that imgur link, the G stuff establishes regen and Sho establishes type 8 and AE type 2.

and bro I agree, don’t even get me started on current DB canon, it’s worse than saint seiya at the moment.
I strongly disagree with using derivatives to grant such an ability, as it didn't demonstrate in the mainline.

Bro, we're in Saint Seiya :3

Ladies and gentlemen, here is the RAW of the chapter 103 of Next Dimension.

Next Dimension - Chapter 103

Spanish translation by Grupo Next Dimension.

I love how Asclepius looks like a sorcerer using his abilities with his scepter, he's basically the sorcerer of Athena's army. And it's also funny, Asclepius (and Odysseus using Asclepius' powers) can send Tenma to the place where Sasha is directly, but Athena couldn't leave the Sanctuary and had to travel for him, basically they keep showing us how Asclepius' abilities are above the gods, even though he doesn't have the power of the gods.

The era of Saint Seiya at the wall level is over and now let the era of Saint Seiya at the cottage level begin.

The return of Next Dimension and Real Madrid wins and gets a good advantage, this a great day.

About this chapter, it was understood that there are different Gods /Goddesses, Athena was about to be reborn in the body of this girl. Kind of obvious isn't it?

Last edited:
I strongly disagree with using derivatives to grant such an ability, as it didn't demonstrate in the mainline.

Yeah cross scaling between derivatives shouldn’t happen, no idea why DBS is now 2-C because of GT and a bunch of outdated retconned guides from 30 years ago

Yeah cross scaling between derivatives shouldn’t happen, no idea why DBS is now 2-C because of GT and a bunch of outdated retconned guides from 30 years ago
It's used guides from 2015 and interviews with Akira, regarding the structure it's right, I don't know why every time when we're talking about Saint Seiya mistakes you put this lol

Sho is part of the mainline and Kurumada's own work indicates that you need a sacred treasure (a divine weapon) to kill a god (it is even mentioned in Episode Zero, where Shura mentions that Athena can resurrect after killing her and in ND it is mentioned that you need a divine weapon like the poison of Samael, a poison that can kill gods, or the Sword of Chrysus, a weapon with the power to kill a god). Although regeneration to the level explained on the page does not exist in this franchise, because they never completely regenerated a soul and it was only damaged, even human souls do not disappear after being destroyed in multiple ways in the eternal punishment in the Underworld, basically the same series indicates that souls are ridiculously difficult to destroy in this series, this indicates a higher resistance to the destruction of a soul for the characters in this franchise, but not a regeneration of that level. Also, regeneration has to be degraded, as we never see them regenerate a body completely after being destroyed, and the most they regenerate is after great damage, and this can take them hundreds or thousands of years as indicated in the last chapter of Requiem, therefore their regeneration is only High and takes a long time to recover.

Basically the immortality of the gods, is a High regeneration in Assassin and Requiem, they can regenerate a body after it was destroyed by half, although this can take hundreds or thousands without the help of another god, so it is basically useless for these versus, although it is worth to be mentioned.

Last edited:
Sho is part of the main line and Kurumada's own work indicates that you need a sacred treasure (a divine weapon) to kill a god (it is even mentioned in Episode Zero, where Shura mentions that Athena can resurrect after killing her and in ND it is mentioned that you need a divine weapon like the poison of Samael, a poison that can kill gods, or the Sword of Chrysus, a weapon with the power to kill a god). Although regeneration to the level explained on the page does not exist in this franchise, because they never completely regenerated a soul and it was only damaged, even human souls do not disappear after being destroyed in multiple ways in the eternal punishment in the Underworld, basically the same series indicates that souls are ridiculously difficult to destroy in this series, this indicates a higher resistance to the destruction of a soul for the characters in this franchise, but a regeneration of that level. Also, regeneration has to be degraded, as we never see them regenerate a body completely after being destroyed, and the most they regenerate is after great damage, and this can take them hundreds or thousands of years as indicated in the last chapter of Requiem, therefore their regeneration is only High and takes a long time to recover.
But wouldn't that be type 4 immortality and god level regeneration? As opposed to being type 8? Since type 8 is not worked in the canonical line and not worked on concepts in the main series.

But wouldn't that be type 4 immortality and god level regeneration? As opposed to being type 8? Since type 8 is not worked in the canonical line and not worked on concepts in the main series.
In no series in the franchise does it work, and the only goddess who has that level of immortality is Eris, a goddess that even Athena herself, using weapons designed to defeat evil beings like her cannot destroy, and perhaps Saturn, since he is connected to time. Basically only Eris is connected to the concept she represents in that form, that's why she literally gets stronger with conflicts and needs this to exist, which is why Kyoko (Eris) explains to Shoko that she cannot exist in a world without conflict. The problem is generalizing the exclusive abilities of some characters.

The immortality of the gods in the franchise in general is limited to only being type 1, 3 and 4 (probably also 5), with a High regeneration (although this one takes a long time, according to Episode.G, although in Kurumada's work it seems to be faster, but it was never seen how Athena was to be resurrected after Shura killed her), because they have never been seen to regenerate a body completely destroyed or reduced to dust (the only characters that have regeneration at this level are 8th Sense users such as Shaka and Ikki), and a higher resistance to soul destruction, since as it has been explained the souls in this franchise are ridiculously difficult to make them disappear, because no matter the damage they receive they do not disappear, it even seems that you need something special to completely destroy a soul and make it disappear, something like Pharaoh's technique or the power of a god.

Last edited:
IIRC, it was lost in Viz's mediocre translations, but the raw and anime subtitles of the same scene (which are consistently way closer to the original than Viz) has Dohko tell the Bronze Saints to outright destroy Hades' real body, not just deal it a wound. Don't think the former would be possible if the gods had the invincible immortality they're argued to have.

In no series in the franchise does it work, and the only goddess who has that level of immortality is Eris, a goddess that even Athena herself, using weapons designed to defeat evil beings like her cannot destroy, and perhaps Saturn, since she is connected to time. Basically only Eris is connected to the concept she represents in that form, that's why she literally gets stronger with conflicts and needs this to exist, because as she tells Shoko she can't exist in a world without conflicts. The problem is generalizing the exclusive abilities of some characters.

The immortality of the gods in the franchise in general is limited to only being type 1, 3 and 4 (probably also 5), with a High regeneration (although this one takes a long time, according to Episode.G, although in Kurumada's work it seems to be faster, but it was never seen how Athena was to be resurrected after Shura killed her), and a higher resistance to soul destruction, since as it has been explained the souls in this franchise are ridiculously difficult to make them disappear, because no matter the damage they receive they do not disappear, it even seems that you need something special to completely destroy a soul and make it disappear, something like Pharaoh's technique or the power of a god.
Oh bro, so that should be changed! It doesn't seem normal at all to try to update all the Gods based on nothing, I can't wait for a team member to arrive and help fix Saint Seiya's profiles even more, there are things in the profiles that are not in the work and sometimes there are even wrong scans , not even talking about it is, Saint Seiya needs a heavy moderation about.

IIRC, it was lost in Viz's mediocre translations, but the raw and anime subtitles of the same scene (which are consistently way closer to the original than Viz) has Dohko tell the Bronze Saints to outright destroy Hades' real body, not just deal it a wound. Don't think the former would be possible if the gods had the invincible immortality they're argued to have.
Amazing how there is such dishonesty in this

I’m pretty sure the best feat of regen in the whole franchise actually comes from Seiya somehow. The most basic of the basic guys

Amazing how there is such dishonesty in this
I wouldn't call it dishonest on anyone's end at all the hell.. Viz aren't powerscalers, they do what they do which is localize a manga to their region, and the consumers aren't to blame if they happen to change something from the original to create a more digestible dialogue that inadvertently can give a different interpretation.

I wouldn't call it dishonest on anyone's end at all the hell.. Viz aren't powerscalers, they do what they do which is localize a manga to their region, and the consumers aren't to blame if they happen to change something from the original to create a more digestible dialogue that inadvertently can give a different interpretation.
I understand

Not that one, I think that’s just supernatural willpower, I mean that in Hero of Heroes, seiya gets his place in history/plot erased. He does die to it, but somehow winds up in yomotsu and somebody teleports him out. There’s literally no given reason why he can do this, it just happens.
Seiya every time he was on the verge of death Athena just said an "a" to Seiya and he was cured of everything

Not that one, I think that’s just supernatural willpower, I mean that in Hero of Heroes, seiya gets his place in history/plot erased. He does die to it, but somehow winds up in yomotsu and somebody teleports him out. There’s literally no given reason why he can do this, it just happens.
Plot working directly for Seiya, I really like Seiya as a protagonist, but there are times when the script saves Seiya a thousand times from dying.

I’m pretty sure the best feat of regen in the whole franchise actually comes from Seiya somehow. The most basic of the basic guys.
The most impressive feat is the Gold Saints destroying themselves body and soul in the Wailing Wall scene and coming back in ND more trollish than ever, as they are now souls that can even move through space and time. Though I'm still in doubt, if this qualifies as regeneration, since technically they didn't regenerate anything.

And then there is, Aiolos in Dark Wing, being such a troll that he even came back somehow after his body and soul were completely erased from the world, and not only that, his existence was also erased, as no one remembers him in the world, basically the Hakai falls short in comparison to this erasure of existence, but we saw how his spirit or some fragment of him comes back, and even seems to have overwritten his own existence so that Sojiro remembers him.

The 8th sense has no regen, only gods in G have regen of any kind.

8th sense only grants existing as a soul at best, but even that’s arguable as we have seen non-confirmed 8th sense users do that throughout the franchise, Aiolos being the most notable.

About this chapter, it was understood that there are different Gods /Goddesses, Athena was about to be reborn in the body of this girl. Kind of obvious isn't it?
It is because Sasha is the reincarnation of Athena of the 18th century, while Saori is the reincarnation of Athena of the 20th century, but due to Saori's time travel to the past, Sasha could not awaken as Athena. Some characters, such as the Pope, Suikyo and Odysseus, believed that the Athena of their time had not been born because the Athena of the future had interfered, so they thought of killing the Athena of the future to allow the Athena of their time to appear, although it is confirmed that this was not the case and that the Athena of their time was indeed born (though she did not arrive at the Sanctuary as usual due to Saori's interference). However, as Odysseus explains to Tenma, Sasha probably did not awaken as Athena due to the interference of the Athena of the future, which is confirmed in this last chapter where Asclepius mentions that Sasha could wake up as Athena if Saori is killed.

This concept of Athena's awakening was already mentioned in the previous season of Next Dimension, but it is still interesting to see how Kurumada introduced this concept in his manga, since it is a concept that first appeared in Saintia Sho. This manga is the first to mention that the reincarnation of Athena has to awaken as a goddess, which basically means that the reincarnation acquires the memories and all the powers and abilities of Athena, although the reincarnation has divine cosmos from birth, the memories and her abilities appear later (this is first named as the awakening of Athena or the awakening of the goddess in Saintia Sho). Although this concept is introduced later in other works, for example in Dark Wing, where Cattleya awakens as Athena during the events of the ship, although in that story her awakening is said to be very minor.

Last edited:
Considering the time it takes for a god to regenerate as told in Episode GR I don't think it disproves much. Forcing a god to undergo a several millenia long regeneration sounds very much like a victory.

Is the Wol in the classical version considered as a 3-A structure separate from the other structures of the classical universe such as the UW and the 6 worlds?

Wailing wall scene was very much a plot induced stupidity moment imo and also imo I feel like that entire scene with ghe good Saints at the wailing wall should be considered and outlier on top of plot induced stupidity

Spoiler for chapter 104.

Part 104: To the Shaba (Current World)

Giulietta tries to kill Sasha, but her hand stops just a few millimeters away.
Tenma challenges Giulietta, but it is completely useless, then he receives Giulietta's technique, "Fairy Thronging", and falls towards the Underworld/Yomotsu.
Odysseus, who immediately sensed the situation, awakens Deathtoll in Cancer.
Deathtoll, who noticed someone who was not dead falling to the Underworld/Yomotsu, headed there catches Tenma who was falling.
When Deathtoll hits Tenma, who is depressed because he cannot be Giulietta's rival, and tells him not to waste Suikyo's last will.
Deathtoll sends Tenma flying to Earth with the Shabadaba.
Deathtoll attacks all of Giulietta's Fairies that were surrounding him and goes back to sleep once again.

It looks like we are going to see how Papillon's technique works in this chapter, let's remember that in the original manga we never saw how this technique worked completely, since Mu dodged it with his teleportation. Well Kurumada is still in his role to explain techniques and abilities that were not fully explained, such as the Tembu Horin, there are still people who believe that this serves to remove senses.

Back