• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saint Seiya Discussion Thread (IV)

Only the universe, that's why it is mentioned that the whole universe belongs to them, they never mention more than that.

This was only due to the distortion in space and time created by Aiolios, which he uses to travel and bring souls from other places, we can even see how one of these portals was in the Underworld.
oh I was talking about omega

"All of existence" sounds like way more than a single universe chief.
It is only a reference to the universe, to the existence that surrounds them, not to other worlds, if it were the multiverse, Okada would have simply mentioned all the universes or the multiverse, being one of the few authors that actually uses this word, but he never mentions that in that scene. You can even see how everything that happened in that world does not interfere with other worlds and only affects this one exclusively. The only mention of these gods interfering with other worlds is the fact that they sent Ikki, Shiryu and the other Saints to other worlds to eliminate them from this world and invade it without their intervention.

It is only a reference to the universe, to the existence that surrounds them, not to other worlds, if it were the multiverse, Okada would have simply mentioned all the universes or the multiverse, being one of the few authors that actually uses this word, but he never mentions that in that scene. You can even see how everything that happened in that world does not interfere with other worlds and only affects this one exclusively. The only mention of these gods interfering with other worlds is the fact that they sent Ikki, Shiryu and the other Saints to other worlds to eliminate them from this world and invade it without their intervention.
You're literally arguing with the manga at this point. Uranus stating the universe belongs to them doesn't change the statement that they created all of existence. This was stated by Steropes, a god who was in touch with Pontos who has traveled the multiverse. If it was a single universe why would he say all of existence?

You're literally arguing with the manga at this point. Uranus stating the universe belongs to them doesn't change the statement that they created all of existence. This was stated by Steropes, a god who was in touch with Pontos who has traveled the multiverse. If it was a single universe why would he say all of existence?
No, they are not traveling the multiverse, it only mentions Uranus making this and literally everything these gods do only affects the world where the story takes place and no other world. Even Pontos only mentions how the universe belongs to these gods, it never mentions other universes in that scene.

No, they are not traveling through the multiverse, only Uranus is mentioned doing this and they are literally not affecting any other world besides the world where the story takes place. Even Pontos only mentions how the universe belongs to these gods, it never mentions other universes in that scene.
Pontos traveled to and from Lost World, in case you forgot.

Ladies and gentlemen, spoilers for the chapter 103 of Next Dimension are now available.

cCRDyng.jpg

Final Prequel Series (Part One) (Total 8 chapters)

Part 103: Protect Athena

"Hearing Odysseus' warning, Tenma heads to Sasha's side.
At that moment, Odysseus is replaced by Asclepius, who sends Tenma flying into another dimension.
Thanks to Odysseus' intervention, he lands on the outskirts of the village of Firantzo, thus heading to Sasha's house.
Hades' army led by Giulietta has already arrived at Sasha's house. However, the foot soldiers cannot approach Sasha's grandiose goddess cosmo.
For that reason, Giulietta destroys Sasha's house but Sasha and her bed remain immune.
Giulietta tries to touch Sasha directly, but at that moment Tenma arrives on the scene.
To be continued..."

By the way it's interesting how they name this as a prequel, something that could confirm that ND is just a prequel to something bigger or they only refer to this as a prequel because it's the prequel to the last season of ND, because it seems that Akita Shoten decided to split this last season into two parts (I hope the next part will be released at the end of this year).

Its a prequel to GA

In all seriousness i think Kurumada should stop at this point.. He has injured hands, hes getting old (he should be focused on his health and living the best life imo), he has redundantly stated he has issues with burnout with the series, and the long gaps between volumes.

In all seriousness i think Kurumada should stop at this point.. He has injured hands, hes getting old (he should be focused on his health and living the best life imo), he has redundantly stated he has issues with burnout with the series, and the long gaps between volumes.
In the commentary of the last volume of Next Dimension, he commented that he still feels as young as in his best days.;)

In the commentary of the latest volume of Next Dimension, he commented that he is still as young as in his best days.
i have doubts on that but perhaps its not as serious as he made it out due to advances in modern medicine. Then again could be hes forced to say it due to contractoral issues or perhaps he is using a type of ghost/shadow writing

i have doubts on that but perhaps its not as serious as he made it out due to advances in modern medicine. Then again could be hes forced to say it due to contractoral issues or perhaps he is using a type of ghost/shadow writing
Talking about the health of the mangakas of this franchise, Kuori commented in her blog that she has not published new chapters of Saintia Sho, since she had covid and this caused an old persistent health problem to become complicated, so she had to undergo surgery, although she is already well and even shared a photo of the flowers that Kurumada sent her, so she hopes to return to publish new chapters this year.
45a13c6865dc486151afacb89d8688d47d0b75f7.jpg

393caf146c94989f27ac13160f6786f2254fcc09.jpg

No, they are not traveling the multiverse, it only mentions Uranus making this and literally everything these gods do only affects the world where the story takes place and no other world. Even Pontos only mentions how the universe belongs to these gods, it never mentions other universes in that scene.
Shura does say Brontes has the same nature as him in reference to someone who travels the multiverse iirc. Could be wrong though.

What're chances of Next Dimension getting an Anime
There are rumors that Toei Animation has a new anime planned, so some fans believe it could be Next Dimension, but at the moment nothing is confirmed. Although well, it is the official sequel to Saint Seiya, so it is quite likely that we will see an animated project of this, and for the love of god let it be so and don't let Toei work again with another spin-off. If Darkwing, Rerise or any other spin-off is animated someday, let another studio do it, I don't want to see them trash another spin-off like they did with Sho.

No, Aiolos created the portal by sacrificing Athena and then we see how he travels to another world through this portal, where he appeared in the Aegean Sea (Black Sea). Even the portal is created from the dark wings that appeared behind Aiolos after killing Athena.
I'm pretty sure it's Pontos who crossed through. You do realize that the ability to keep worlds connected is a Dunamis power correct?

Shura does say Brontes has the same nature as him in reference to someone who travels the multiverse iirc. Could be wrong though.
I don't remember that scene well, so I'll have to check it out, although I even think Brontes mentions that he had heard of a wandering Saint (Shura) that traveled through other worlds. But well, Brontes has the power to manipulate dimensions, and being a god created by the power of Uranus it is very possible that he has that power, after all Uranus has that power, since Shura mentions in the special chapter that it was Uranus who trapped the Saints in another dimension/worlds and so now he is the one in charge of freeing them.

I'm pretty sure it's Pontos who crossed through. You do realize that the ability to keep worlds connected is a Dunamis power correct?
A very specific ability that relates to the power of Chronos (that's why it is mentioned that they borrowed his power) in this story, and Shura had to kill Athena under the instructions of Hades (Shun) and in the story itself is described as ritual, as well as the Crystal Vortex, which are the moves that connect to other dimensions/worlds. And all the characters just moved between worlds using those portals.

Last edited:
I know some people like to conflate existence with AP, but after the canon split I’m just not seeing how it’s possible to interpret G as having more than 1 of each deity. especially given the information about how time flow is different between dimensions.

and this btw would not scale gods to the multiverse in and of itself… just to be clear, I don’t want my words twisted.

A very specific ability that relates to the power of Chronos in this story, and Shura had to kill Athena under the instructions of Hades (Shun) and in the story itself is described as ritual, as well as the Crystal Vortex, which are the moves that connect to other dimensions/worlds. And all the characters just moved between worlds using those portals.
I’m gonna wait for you to edit this or attach scans because i don’t remember Hades telling Shura to kill Athena.

A very specific ability that relates to the power of Chronos in this story, and Shura had to kill Athena under the instructions of Hades (Shun) and in the story itself is described as ritual, as well as the Crystal Vortex, which are the moves that connect to other dimensions/worlds. And all the characters just moved between worlds using those portals.
Bro go read the manga at this point Aiolos literally says that's the power of a god not Cronos exclusively.
Anyways
I'm glad ND is finally ending. Hopefully Kurumada wraps it up nicely. And gives us some nice feats on top of that

... He says he acquired the power through relentless study and it's in the domain of the gods... like...
It is mentioned in this story that the power that sent the Saints to this time was related to that of Chronos, we do not know how he did it, but Aiolos acquired a power similar to that of Chronos, something that other gods do not have, that is why it is said that Athena borrowed the power of Chronos to get the Saints to travel to other worlds.
I’m gonna wait for you to edit this or attach scans because i don’t remember Hades telling Shura to kill Athena.
Well it was Hades holding Athena, although Hades doesn't mention anything in that scene, but the fact that he was the one holding Athena in front of Aiolos might indicate something, after all he was helping Aiolos with his plan.
Aiolos has his own dunamis that is unrelated to that of other gods.
Yes, I know, but I am explaining how this power is not related to other gods, since it is a power acquired by Aiolos.

Aiolos has his own dunamis that is unrelated to that of other gods.
Not to mention, Pontos was literally with Aiolos that entire time so the original point remains. Pontos knows the multiverse and Steropes has spent some time with him, so he should know about the size of the cosmology. His statement is valid.

Not to mention, Pontos was literally with Aiolos that entire time so the original point remains. Pontos knows the multiverse and Steropes has spent some time with him, so he should know about the size of the cosmology. His statement is valid.
It is never mentioned that Pontos was with Aiolos, in fact there is nothing to link them beyond that scene with the black sea, which could be a reference to Pontos or simply to the Aegean Sea (Black Sea), even Requiem did not mention anything about it until now, anyway this only happened because of the portal that Aiolos created.

t is mentioned in this story that the power that sent the Saints to this time was related to that of Chronos, we do not know how he did it, but Aiolos acquired a power similar to that of Chronos, something that other gods do not have, that is why it is said that Athena borrowed the power of Chronos to get the Saints to travel to other worlds.
I think you have a very weird understanding of the story.

using lots of disjoint conversations about loosely connected things.

Aiolos explains in depth as to how he’s able to do what he does, and Shion explains in-depth as to how sanctuary accomplished the feat of summoning saints.

the only mention of Cronus in the story post-G is in relation to Shura and Shura alone. Shura didn’t even know the other saints traversed Tartarus when summoned as Milo explained and were shown Camus doing.

Shura is also the only known revived Saint to be effected by the world trying to erase/kill him, no other saint had that happened to them likely because they were summoned by the crystal vortex. Unlike Shura.

It is never mentioned that Pontos was with Aiolos, in fact there is nothing to link them beyond that scene with the black sea, which could be a reference to Pontos or simply to the Aegean Sea (Black Sea), even Requiem did not mention anything about it until now, anyway this only happened because of the portal that Aiolos created.
Bro. You have very poor reading comprehension. In the last chapter of GA you see an ocean behind Aiolos. Like, do you think that's a random sea? Lmfao

The power of one god, borrowing the power of another god, as mentioned in the story this power is related to the power of Cronus.
Where is the statement that he is borrowing power from Cronus? because that means Cronus has 2-A range and he can freely chose what world to drop you in.

Also something to add, Hades is the one who ended up with Cronuses power, not pontos, not Athena, not Aiolos, not Hyoga (who’s the character who brings him up in GA).

so we’d have to do like 5 leaps in logic to get this to work, We’d need G Hades to grant LW Aiolos powers of Cronus. Powers mind you that are strictly limited to being used in Tartarus and the UW, so Aiolos couldn’t use them on earth.

the only mention of Cronus in the story post-G is in relation to Shura and Shura alone. Shura didn’t even know the other saints traversed Tartarus when summoned as Milo explained and were shown Camus doing.

Shura is also the only known revived Saint to be effected by the world trying to erase/kill him, no other saint had that happened to them likely because they were summoned by the crystal vortex. Unlike Shura.
Hyoga is the one who mentions it and not precisely related only to Shura's case, but to the fact that they are traveling across worlds and time, something he describes as the power of Chronos. Even in Requiem it is said that Athena borrowed the power of Chronos to save Shura.

I think I better explain it, because I think it is not being understood, I simply mentioned that Aiolos, in some unknown way, acquired a power similar to that of Chronos, we only know that he killed Athena and then created that portal. The problem in this is that they are trying to generalize this ability to everyone, which is not the case in this story, that's why I mentioned about Athena and how she needs to borrow the power of Cronos to get this ability.
Bro. You have very poor reading comprehension. In the last chapter of GA you see an ocean behind Aiolos. Like, do you think that's a random sea? Lmfao
Pontos is not mentioned at any point in that scene, it is simply mentioned as Aiolos still does not give up and wishes to continue with his plans.
Where is the statement that he is borrowing power from Cronus? because that means Cronus has 2-A range and he can freely chose what world to drop you in.
In range yes, not in destructive power, since he can move through the multiverse and send others to other dimensions and world, and not only him also Uranus would get this range as explained in the last chapters of Requiem.

In range yes, not in destructive power, since he can move through the multiverse and send others to other dimensions and world, and not only him also Uranus would get this rank as explained in the last chapters of Requiem.
shouldn't zeus also have this power to due his statements and thus being quiet similar in nature?

Back