• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saint Seiya Discussion Thread (IV)

Is Olympus (Tenkai) a different dimension in the main universe?.

In the Temple of the Moon on Olympus we can see the Moon.
WB8BFPr.jpg

This could confirm that Olympus is a place that exists in the universe and is a land above the clouds of the planet (as the underwater world or kingdom of Poseidon exists on the seabed of the planet's oceans), although the Moon that appears behind the Temple of Artemis may just be an illusion created by the goddess, similar to how Hades creates an illusion where he shows the Saints the Eclipse in the Elysion.
mVoMs6m.jpg

It seems that all Saints can travel to Olympus in the main universe. In Next Dimension: Athena, Shun, Ikki, Hyoga and Shiryu traveled to Olympus, and other warriors like Touma can travel to Earth and Olympus, and in Saintia Sho: Deathmask (Poena), Ryuthos, Erda, Katya and Olivia can travel to Olympus without problems.

Athena creates a distortion in space and time to create a path to the Temple of the Moon on Olympus, this could confirm that it is another dimension, although she could also have created this path to travel directly to the Temple of the Moon.
oceoH1X.jpg

L1Bjcnm.jpg

QBrxgtX.jpg

0pkVVfz.jpg
To conclude, Shun says that Olympus is the place where the gods reside on Earth, this could indicate that this place exists on Earth or planet, therefore, it is not a different dimension. Although I have to check this scan in Japanese (probably later).

What do you think, is it another dimension or is it just a place in the world?.

Last edited:
i don't think we know enough about olympus to safely assume its another dimension. could just be a moutain protected by some barrier

we lack information.

Hey guys, in episode g, saga states aiolia can reduce a Galaxy to dust. Is that a calcaale feat?
Yes but it's not impressive as you think. That pulverization which gers multi solar system results. I've calc'ed it before.

But pulverization doesn't match up with what saints do either. Especially saga

Photon Burst doesn't turn things to dust
yeah its literally exploding photons from what i read lol

+ Saga describes his GE as a supergravtional well. Crushes a whole ass galaxy via gravity in G

though in Classic you can see him reduce a whole galaxy to nothing and the GE says Saga can disintergrate galaxies which is sub-atomic destruction iirc

i don't think we know enough about olympus to safely assume its another dimension. could just be a moutain protected by some barrier

we lack information.
This makes sense. A place with a barrier, similar to Athena's Sanctuary, although it is a bit disappointing that only Hades rules a place that is a different dimension of the world, while Poseidon and Zeus only rule a place within the world.
It could be a spatially isolated dimension on Earth, think of like a snow globe where only the Olympians can get in
This also makes sense and could explain why if you fall to the depths of Olympus you cannot return, even Hecate explains to Shun that he cannot return (even when Shun has a multidimensional chain that can cross the multiverse), only Ryuthos with the boots of Hermes could return from that place.

I know you hate G, but Okada does use the word "world" to describe the Sea Domain, perhaps it's also a spatially isolated dimension at the bottom of the Ocean.

Either way, it is a bit confusing no matter how you look at it

I know you hate G, but Okada does use the word "world" to describe the Sea Domain, perhaps it's also a spatially isolated dimension at the bottom of the Ocean.

Either way, it is a bit confusing no matter how you look at it
I believe that word is also used in the original manga to describe Poseidon's realm, but the word world is ridiculously vague. Although the fact that the ocean is above the underwater world makes me doubt that it is an isolated space and just looks like a place located at the bottom of the oceans with a barrier created by the pillars that support these oceans (even when Bian hits Seiya, the attack throws Seiya to the surface of the ocean).

But it would not be strange that some places related to the gods were spatially isolated dimension, even the Temple of the Pope in the Sanctuary can become this, when the Labyrinth of the Gods is activated, which turns the place into a completely isolated space/dimension, an infinite labyrinth where the enemies will travel eternally and not even the gods can escape from that place (the maximum and last defensive barrier of the Sanctuary).

Last edited:
to be fair, Bian punching Seiya outside the dome isn't the most outrages thing that's ever happened in the verse, but I get your point

It’s not like it matters, but if your intent is on calculating it, it’s not like you can exactly “calculate” cosmo.

so being tied to the PB helps you better evaluate it.
I calculated dusting it, and got solar system Level. Then I calculated sub atomically destroying the galaxy, and got multi solar.

Wait, we can create a calculation of a description and not an real feat.

Why some users and members of the calculation group had problems with the calculation of Seiya chapter 1, because it did not show that it destroyed all matter at the atomic level, even if it is described that they destroy matter at the atomic level, that is why we are looking for new feats for the Bronze and Silver Saints.

Some problems with the evidence of subatomic destruction.
Reduce to quantum particles [4]
This is not evidence of destruction at the quantum level, because Kairos never destroys anything in that scene, this is just an effect of the dimension he sends his opponent to with that technique, and he literally did not kill or destroy anyone with this technique, it is a simple BFR that does not have the power to destroy anything (even the author describes that Aspros was sent to another dimension in the Volume description, therefore, this never destroyed him and only sent him to another dimension, even the Gold Cloth has no damage).
Other scans [5]
This is a description of the anime, and some users don't seem to agree with mixing feats from the anime continuity with the manga continuity.

The anime is a bit inconsistent with this, because Hyperion describes his sword as special and better than the Saints' destruction, since it destroys matter at the subatomic level, and he even makes a comparison with the Saints' atomic level destruction in that scene.
Other scans [6] [7]
This is Gigantomachia, and I recommend using the Portuguese translation, because this is an official translation. One problem with Gigantomachia is that Kurumada seems to consider it the only work that is not part of the franchise, as it is not included in any timeline of the franchise.

It is better to place only these two examples to indicate destruction at the subatomic level.
Splitting atoms [1]
They can destroy even light/photons [2] [3]

In this scene it appears that the planets were torn apart and not disintegrated..
An example of Galaxian explosion being an Omni-directional Galaxy-spanning blast; is when Gemini Kanon flew Wyvern Rhadamanthys into space. (see the related scans below)
Some users may point this out as a problem for the calculation.

Last edited:
Wait, we can create a calculation of a description and not an real feat.

Yes actually, even descriptions can be used for calcs as long as they have reliably backing.

The anime is a bit inconsistent with this, because Hyperion describes his sword as special and better than the Saints' destruction, since it destroys matter at the subatomic level, and he even makes a comparison with the Saints' atomic level destruction in that scene.

power nullification of matter manipulation resistance

This is Gigantomachia, and I recommend using the Portuguese translation, because this is an official translation. One problem with Gigantomachia is that Kurumada seems to consider it the only work that is not part of the franchise, as it is not included in any timeline of the franchise.
i did this long before i found the Portuguese version iirc. debating canons will end in a circle that won't end.. so im going to minimize my comments on it..

In this scene it appears that the planets were torn apart and not disintegrated..

Some users may point this out as a problem for the calculation.

That was only the start of the initial blast.

Infact we are shown in the classic manga planets and stuff literally being reduced to almost nothingness. Which this is then iterated again on the new official website.

Offtopic; but is it possible to scale pre-7th sense sanctuary arc shun to silver saints? His nubela chain fragmented a planet on panel iirc

Yes actually, even descriptions can be used for calcs as long as they have reliably backing.
This is interesting.
i did this long before i found the Portuguese version iirc. debating canons will end in a circle that won't end.. so im going to minimize my comments on it..
Well, then just place the scans of the Portuguese translation in that part and describe that it is an official translation by Conrad Edition.

Although, I still recommend to remove the example of Kairos, because as I explained it has nothing to do with the power of the characters, this is like Papillon's technique that is an immediate death because the technique sends the opponent to the Underworld and thanks to the rules of this place all living beings that enter die (an absolute rule), this does not mean that the character has the power to kill everyone and his technique is just a BFR, although the place where he sends the opponent can kill him.
That was only the start of the initial blast.

Infact we are shown in the classic manga planets and stuff literally being reduced to almost nothingness. Which this is then iterated again on the new official website.
This is a good explanation, you should put this information in the calculation or mention it in some way.
Offtopic; but is it possible to scale pre-7th sense sanctuary arc shun to silver saints? His nubela chain fragmented a planet on panel iirc
Shun is much stronger than a Silver Saint at that moment, he even neutralizes Saga's Another Dimension and was able to hit him.

Last edited:
something to keep in mind with the calc is that it can be considered a lowball using the sun, but idk any alternatives. + i think wiki staff would prefer that over using somethign else.

Currently reading Saint Seiya Classic for the first time

On Volume 5

About to read the final battle between Bronze Saints and Phoenix Ikki on Death Queen Island

Favorite character is Hyoga so far

Back