• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saint Seiya Discussion Thread (IV)

It has been discussed before that TLC has many contradictions with the MO (even Kurumada contradicts it in some way with each new work or idea he brings to the franchise), because it is a manga written by a different author than Kurumada, and even the author herself says in an interview that Kurumada abandoned his participation in this manga at some point, leaving everything in the hands of Shiori, so what is shown in this story is only a personal interpretation of this author and is not a description of Kurumada.

And the main difference is that 8th Sense users are not resurrected in TLC, even Asmita explains to his friend Ahimsa (who had awakened the 8th Sense) that he cannot return to the world of the living, because he cannot grant him a new body. TLC's version of the 8th Sense is more of a release of the spirit from the cycle of reincarnation than something to transcend death, that's why no Saint or human (Sisyphus, Asmita, Ilias, Ahimsa, etc) who possessed the 8th Sense was resurrected in that manga and simply came into existence as a spirit free of the rules.
is this the only issue you have with the 8th sense in LC?

Strictly only the 8th sense*

Last edited:
That's the main change, there are others but it's more difficult to explain, but that change is the most basic part that describes about that sense in the Classic Manga. And there is also the fact that TLC is not written by Kurumada and he abandoned his participation in that manga, so it is a different vision of another author (as Shiori herself explains it in an interview), that's why we can't be using different manga for the description of the same concept, because they are different authors and different ideas.

That's the main change, there are others but it's more difficult to explain, but that change is the most basic part that describes about that sense in the Classic Manga. And there is also the fact that TLC is not written by Kurumada and he abandoned his participation in that manga, so it is a different vision of another author (as Shiori herself explains it in an interview), that's why we can't be using different manga for the description of the same concept, because they are different authors and different ideas.
i asked about specifically the 8th sense not this needless irrelevancy at the end.

ah well lol the concept between the 8th sense is acutally surprisngly very consistent and literaly the exact same between all works but of course that one hater is going to deny it lmao

And, I answered about the 8th sense and why the description of this sense is different in TLC, although at the end I also explained why some ideas in TLC may be different because the author was no longer involved in the development of that manga.

It was never the same, and it is clearly different in TLC, and the advantage of the other works is that they never gave an explanation about this sense in their story, as Saintia Sho does not mention anything about the 8th Sense, Omega completely ignores the existence of the 8th Sense and introduces Omega which is a new sense that surpasses the 7th Sense, Episode.G does not mention anything about this sense and Assassin never gives any description to this sense.

Last edited:
Any non contradicting information about the senses should be cross-scalable as we consider all works to be in the same multiverse.

we don’t treat seeing, hearing, taste, touch and smell different across all timelines, so I see no justifiable reason to treat other senses differently. Any consistent interpretation for descriptions in other manga should and is considered valid based on what’s currently accepted.

I think if there are not statement about concept senses of each universes are difference, we can treated it as the same

Any non contradicting information about the senses should be cross-scalable as we consider all works to be in the same multiverse.

we don’t treat seeing, hearing, taste, touch and smell different across all timelines, so I see no justifiable reason to treat other senses differently. Any consistent interpretation for descriptions in other manga should and is considered valid based on what’s currently accepted.
As I said before, in some basic concepts this is possible, but in others that are clearly different it is not, especially when we talk about a work in which the author was no longer involved at that time. One of these concepts is the 8th Sense, which is different between classic manga and TLC, the rest of the works have the advantage that they did not explain anything new or introduce an explanation about that sense. And maybe others as several concepts about the Specters that are different in TLC, and others more, like the Superdimension as a random Another Dimension only used by the gods in TLC (instead of a part of the world of the dead created by Hades), the time travel of the Saints in TLC had no consequences for the universe (unlike in Next Dimension where the time travel of Athena and the Saints is destroying the universe, that's why Chronos warned them not to change the time), in fact most of the cross-scale problems of concepts is thanks to TLC.

Last edited:
Given your history of intentionally misrepresenting scans, I don’t trust your interpretation of just about everything. So pardon me when I say, I don’t agree.

Considering your history of exaggerating some feats, the use of mistranslations and misinterpretation of various scenes to create a head canon (which is never described in the original manga or any of Kurumada's work, it even seems as if you have never read Kurumada's works even though they are the main canon of this franchise), this is not strange.

I just hope I never again read nonsense from some users about multiversal beings or higher dimensions that are never described in this franchise.

Last edited:
Considering your history of exaggerating some feats, the use of mistranslations and misinterpretation of various scenes to create a head canon (which is never described in the original manga or any of Kurumada's work, it even seems as if you have never read Kurumada's works even though they are the main canon of this franchise), this is not strange.
Quite ironic coming from you 😂

Mr 2-B Shaka over here talking about irony
I never said that was true, I just mentioned that it is the only description in this franchise about some multiversal nonsense in this franchise, which is true. Another misinterpretation on your part, on the contrary you still think the Titans have universal feats or some Gold Saint in Episode.G has some universal feat. Or the nonsense of the ninth and tenth sense, or a great will that the gods awaken to become gods, something that was never mentioned in the classic manga or Kurumada's work. In your head canon that exists in Kurumada's universe, but in the main canon of the franchise that doesn't exist. That's why it's so ironic that the person who says all this nonsense says that.

I never said that was true, I just mentioned that it is the only description in this franchise about some multiversal nonsense in this franchise, which is true. Another misinterpretation on your part, on the contrary you still think the Titans have universal feats or some Gold Saint in Episode.G has some universal feat. Or the ninth and tenth sense nonsense, or a great will that the gods awaken to become gods that was never mentioned in the classic manga or Kurumada's work.
This just speaks to how little you understand the arguments presented against you.

Some news of Saint Seiya and Kurumada.

The Champion Red #1 2022 (published this month) announces the return of Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas with a new short story centered on Defteros that will begin publication in the next issue. The story is published to celebrate the inclusion of Defteros to the videogame Zodiac Brave, previously other stories had already been published to celebrate the inclusion of Manigoldo and other characters to the videogame. It is also announced that Saint Seiya: Dark Wing will be the cover of the magazine and some color images in that issue .
B8sE9UU.jpeg

VngAYYV.jpeg

The magazine also announces that Kurumada is starting a new project unrelated to Saint Seiya, some speculate that it may be a new chapter special or a new series related to Fuma no Kojiro by the image. If this is a new manga, this confirms that Saint Seiya: Next Dimension will not have an ending in the next decade.
yq97QnY.jpeg

The author (Jérôme Alquié) of the new spin-off Saint Seiya: Bande Dessinée (a French comic to be released in 2022) showed some images about the comic.
ewAYj1z.jpg
2Lq81y1.jpg

lj3kHCA.jpg

ctXLfYe.jpg

IbIozfz.jpg

uJlPNsZ.jpg

The first volume or chapter of the comic will have 54 pages + 8 pages of a side story about the origin of one of the Cloths of the Bronze Saints. The first chapter seems to be based on Ikki, so the side story will show the origin of this armor.

The first volume will take place after the fight with the Silver Saints, but before the beginning of the Sanctuary fight. However, Jérôme Alquié explains that each volume will have a different chronology, so the other volumes may take place after the Sanctuary Arc.

About the antagonists, apparently there will be 12 generals. One of these 12 warriors is called Arctos (it's the image I posted before). Alquié explains that he is based on Scottish / Celtic mythology to create the character of Arctos, the creature that represents his armor is a Kelpie.

Last edited:
This graphic novel artistically looks amazing, and I like the new faction. It seems Kuru surrounds himself with authors who are a lot more creative than he is, allowing them to expand on his fiction in many interesting and creative ways.

honestly i wouldn't be mad if be just drops ND lmao
The best thing that can happen to Next Dimension is that this manga ends with the Asclepius arc, and it's not because the story is bad (it's better than what Okada and Shiori currently published about this franchise, an author like Shiori can create really good stories, but she should continue with a new project instead of continuing to publish stories of these characters), it's just because Kurumada doesn't really seem to be interested in that manga.

The best thing that can happen to Next Dimension is that this manga ends with the Asclepius arc, and it's not because the story is bad (it's better than what Okada and Shiori currently published about this franchise, an author like Shiori can create really good stories, but she should continue with a new project instead of continuing to publish stories of these characters), it's just because Kurumada doesn't really seem to be interested in that manga.
Wdym I get that you dislike Okada's work but do you also hate LC's gaidens?
Also I respectfully disagree. If Kurumada wants to finish ND he should at least get to do the long-awaited Zeus/Olympian arc

I don't see any reason for Zeus to appear in ND. Apollo is more likely. But I dunno. He should either give ND to someone else to finish or just discontinue it

I don't see any reason for Zeus to appear in ND. Apollo is more likely. But I dunno. He should either give ND to someone else to finish or just discontinue it
Ideally he would start over and do it a bit more coherently this time around, but that's the least likely option tbh
Yeah It's just such a letdown. Some people have been waiting for the Zeus saga since before the turn of the century lmao

Wdym I get that you dislike Okada's work but do you also hate LC's gaidens?
No, TLC was a really good manga, the best spin-off of this franchise, and probably competes to be the best manga of the franchise (and the animated adaptation of TMS is one of the best animated works of this franchise). The Gaidens were a good idea to learn more about the Gold Saints, although some were better than others, the Gaidens of Regulus, Hasgard, Sisyphus, Sage and Hakurei were pretty good.

The problem is that Shiori continues to exploit these characters with more stories (even when they already had a Gaiden dedicated to each of them), instead of continuing with a new project for the franchise, and this is the problem with this franchise that the authors are stuck with one group of characters, one setting, one battle and one era. Shiori could start with a new project, maybe something related to the Gigas, because the design of the Gigas was good in Taurus Gaiden, and it could be interesting to see the Silver and Bronze Saints fight with these enemies, in the fight described at the beginning of the manga.
This graphic novel artistically looks amazing, and I like the new faction. It seems Kuru surrounds himself with authors who are a lot more creative than he is, allowing them to expand on his fiction in many interesting and creative ways.
The art looks good, although the armor design of the new characters is uninteresting, but the story is more of the same, a work focused again on the group of Seiya. The side story that will be included in this comic sounds more interesting than the main story.

Last edited:
Ideally he would start over and do it a bit more coherently this time around, but that's the least likely option tbh
Yeah It's just such a letdown. Some people have been waiting for the Zeus saga since before the turn of the century lmao
GA gave us Zeus arc

It was mentioned that Athena's actions could cause Zeus to transform her into a human, although Kurumada in an old interview indicates that his version of Zeus is probably not an antagonist, Athena's time travel and all that is happening because of her could cause the wrath of the gods. This indicates that Kurumada is planning the Zeus Saga for this manga, where the Bronze Saints will have to save Athena from the wrath of the gods.

tbh, I don't think Kuru's intentions when he started ND are the same as they are now, ND will likely never finish.

Also I respectfully disagree. If Kurumada wants to finish ND he should at least get to do the long-awaited Zeus/Olympian arc
Although I also wish to see the Zeus / Olympus arc in Next Dimension (like many other fans of this franchise), it is clear that Kurumada is not interested in continuing this manga, so it is better that he finish this work with the Asclepius Arc or this will probably end unfinished because the author passed away in the future.

Last edited:
Some new images from the French comic.
rGwIn3B.jpg

It looks like the side story will be told as a tale with some images at the bottom of the page. This is the first page of the side story.
UL5rG8s.png

A friend explained to me that Arctos (Arctus) is the name of one of the 12 hours, daughters of Chronos (for Nonnus of Panopolis) or of Helios and Selene (Quintus Smyrnaeus), in mythology.
Auge - first light (initially not part of the set).
Anatolê or Anatolia - sunrise.
Mousikê or Musica - the morning hour of music and study.
Gymnastikê, Gymnastica or Gymnasia - the morning hour of education, training, gymnastics/exercise.
Nymphê or Nympha - the morning hour of ablutions (bathing, washing).
Mesembria - noon.
Sponde - libations poured after lunch.
Elete - prayer, the first of the afternoon work hours.
Aktê, Acte or Cypris - eating and pleasure, the second of the afternoon work hours.
Hesperis - end of the afternoon work hours, start of evening.
Dysis - sunset.
Arktos or Arctus - night sky, constellation (initially not part of the set).

This explains why the armor has a number 12, so the new enemies are based on the hours.
ctXLfYe.jpg

In a painting by Georg Friedrich Kersting the twelve hours appear accompanying Apollo. This could indicate that these warriors could be related to Apollo, perhaps they are his army or warriors under his command, similar to the Satellites of his sister Artemis.

An interesting fact, this is not the first time that Jérôme Alquié works on one of the franchises published by Akita Shoten (publisher that currently holds the publishing rights to the Saint Seiya franchise), he is also working on a spin-off of Captain Harlock published in Akita Shoten's online magazine (Manga Cross).

Last edited:
Back