• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saint Seiya Discussion Thread (IV)

Regarding some canon concerns. Got a couple responses.

Basically my blog is still correct in that everything is canon. Nothing is non canon (other than anime) the issue is weather or not there is a connected universe. Which doesn't make anything non canon. It's just a disconnected universe. Something that is extremely common in western media of canonicity which is to have 2 separate canons and cosmologies but both are still canon and neither of them are "non canon."
This is only the second most confusing thing I’ve ever read

This is only the second most confusing thing I’ve ever read
Unconnected universes has no affect what is and isn't canon.

You can have 2 completely separated storyline in their own universe and have their own multiverse and be separated cosmologies, but both can still be canon. A common theme mostly in western comics. However dome western book series do this too. Le Modessit JR is infamous for doing this.

Every book series he writes is it's own storyline, canon, and even its own separate cosmology. But they are all still canon, and do take some liberties from each other in similarity of abilities.

The confusion comes from the difference of a connected universe vs a disconnected universe for the current saint seiya issue though. Not what is canon and what is non canon. People are confusing a disconnected universe with non canoncity when they aren't the same.

Edit: people are conflating disconnected/connected universes with canon/noncanon. Saying that if it's disconnected it must be non canon. Which isn't always the case.

What is the point of having verses coexist in the same greater setting if their cosmologies are different?

The semantics of canonicity at that point are irrelevant.

What is the point of having verses coexist in the same greater setting if their cosmologies are different?

The semantics of canonicity at that point are irrelevant.
It's just an example albeit an extreme case but easier to use as an easy example.

Le Modessit Jr's series. He writes them all himself. Every book series is canon, but they don't share the same greater cosmology. He does this on purpose, but he also admits he does use certain elements from other series that he has written and adds them into the storyline.

Thus they are all still canon, but separate cosmologies. Also not connected to each other.

I'm not using Saint seiya as an example here. Because all the Mangas are canon and exist in the same multiverse. The contention was the GR/ND issues. People arguing that it makes one non canon and the other canon.

I'm saying that staff elaborated more, and im paraphrasing what they said

Their no longer a connected universe, exist in the same multiverse, and they are still canon

Edit: staff also admitted tge wiki has an issue with people conflating disconnected and connected universes with what is and is not canon in non multiversal settings.

Back