• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Found the GBE of a "Typical Galaxy." Is it helpful for calc'ing feats?

TheUnshakableOne

She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
I found these links that say that the "Typical gravitational binding energy of a galaxy" is 2 x 10^53

It also has on there the Typical gravitational binding energy of a cluster of galaxies at 5 x 10^{57}

This one is probably easier to find than the other two above, but it also has the GBE of Jupiter listed as well.

The links are

My question; Are these useable for Calc'ing stuff?

To be fair, those are quite lowballed compared to our tiering system baselines for galaxy level, but the information is helpful.

To be fair, those are quite lowballed compared to our tiering system baselines for galaxy level, but the information is helpful.
im not big brain or super smart. But from what i read the current tiering for those tiers are based upon this aren't they?

3-C and 3-B say this

3-C: Energy equal to or above what is needed to overcome the GBE of the Sun with an omnidirectional blast with the point of origin of the blast beginning at the core of the Milky Way Galaxy and the Sun being located at the edge of the Galaxy.

3-B: Energy equal to or above what is needed to overcome the GBE of the Sun with an omnidirectional blast with the point of original of the blast beginning half way between the outer edge of the Milky Way and Andromeda Galaxies and the Sun being located at the outer edge of either Galaxy.

There is also this paragraph

"The following shows all the stars used for the baseline calculation for the corresponding tier. If the star itself is all that is required, the energy will be just GBE. If the star needs to be put through inverse square, the energy will be GBE of the star put through the inverse square formula given the proper radius."

But again.. im not that smart lol

I could just be misunderstanding something.

I mean i don't even know how I would put my suggested numbers into a calc lol

Well, actually; the GBE of the Milky way galaxy mostly just does basic arithmatic for every planet and star in the milky way galaxy; not really using inverse square law or takes the distance between the planets and stars into account. The baseline for milky way galaxy is using a single omnidirectional blast that nukes every planet and star in a single blast. It's more like nuking a galaxy sized Sun with the same density as the sun or something. But rather, it's using a single omni-direction blast that's powerful enough to obliterate the sun despite being 75000 lightyears away from the epic center.

The OBD uses GBE of a galaxy as galaxy level for some reason, so I knew the value, but....
The GBE of a galaxy describes the energy necessary to disperse it, basically by using telekinesis on each celestial body separately and without necessarily destroying any of them.
I have never seen such a feat, so I ultimately ended up never having to use that value.
For destroying galaxies a different value is basically always more appropriate, in my experience.

Yeah, same with GBE of a solar system; it really is just the GBE of the sun as destroying the sun would just cause all of its planets to scatter. GBE of a galaxy seems rather unimpressive and and dispersing it isn't really the equivalent of leveling a galaxy.

The OBD uses GBE of a galaxy as galaxy level for some reason, so I knew the value, but....
The GBE of a galaxy describes the energy necessary to disperse it, basically by using telekinesis on each celestial body separately and without necessarily destroying any of them.
I have never seen such a feat, so I ultimately ended up never having to use that value.
For destroying galaxies a different value is basically always more appropriate, in my experience.
What value for galaxies is preferable of any at all?

Back