• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saint Seiya Discussion Thread 3 - The Continuation

Hmm it's possible of more than one multiverse. We have a few scans from G saying there is "Dimensions" that house "universes" and as we know by Shura, the bird saga dude, and Omega, that those Dimensions house Infinite universes. It make sense to me, but still could be a stretch.

They finished the translations of Golden age into Spanish, I will try to read this week. This novel is interesting because it shows two members of the gold tribe one named Ex and the other Machina, both serve the goddess Astreia, the gold tribe were the men who lived in the mythological era where Gods still lived on earth and all men had dominion over the cosmos.

Golden age

Having a multiverse itself does noy automaticlly make everything canon, just opens the possibility. I would say it's it's possible there are multible multiverses. Overall it makes scaling less ridiculous.

Ep G I would say is the strongest, possibly Omega with it being the latest with mix of questionable odd power-scaling. Personally I break it down into manga canon. G/classic/GA/ND and maybe sho.

Toei canon. classic Anime/SOG/Omega and maybe the Apollo movie and the anime side stories.

The Omega has a manga by Kadokawa Shoten, this is the same publisher that currently publishes all the mangas of Saint seiya including Next dimension, not yet fully confirmed more it seems that the new Box of DVDs of the Omega will come with with extra material based in a manga, which Aldebaran's soul appears to train Harbinger's new Taurus saint[1] , then the Omega is not a work treated as a filler material by the publisher Kadokawa Shoten. Tenkai also had a manga produced by Masami Kurumada himself, so I do not know where you are getting this idea that Toei material can not be considered canonical.
Omega ss
Tenkai

The idea comes from treating SS like any other series when judging if something is cononical by reasonble standards. Who publishes what really dosen't matter.

That being said everything being canon is how Matt treats the series and he's been the main SS guy for a while now so we go with him unless someone wishes to change his mind.

How do you feel? @the Causality

TheUpgradeManHaHaxD said:
Do you count Omega as canon, or as a canon spin-off...? Maybe i should phrase it this way. What do you count Saint Seiya Omega as in terms of Canocity? if you get what i am asking...
Is canon, although it is another universe or timeline of the great multiverse, it even appears in the official image of the timeline of the franchise in the official site.

Crateris Aeson said:
Do you count Omega as canon, or as a canon spin-off...? Maybe i should phrase it this way. What do you count Saint Seiya Omega as in terms of Canocity? if you get what i am asking...
Is canon, although it is another universe or timeline of the great multiverse, it even appears in the official image of the timeline of the franchise in the official site.
The reason I asked is because Gold Saint of cancer, Schiller, said "The underworld is packed full of souls that did not belong to our world, or the world of the dead." So, that means the underworld takes souls from all the Multiverse.

The reason I asked is because Gold Saint of cancer, Schiller, said "The underworld is packed full of souls that did not belong to our world, or the world of the dead." So, that means the underworld takes souls from all the Multiverse.
This is interesting, but I do not remember that dialogue or scene in Saint Seiya ╬®.

Crateris Aeson said:
This is interesting, but I do not remember that dialogue or scene in Saint Seiya ╬®.
Here is the link to that scan. Let me know if it doesn't work, my phone doesn't like imgur,bagd I may have to use my laptop. Episode # and time frame is given.

https://i.imgur.com/QEFzHKp.jpg.

Here is the link to that scan. Let me know if it doesn't work, my phone doesn't like imgur,bagd I may have to use my laptop. Episode # and time frame is given.

This the Yomotsu Hirasaka, not the Underworld. Each universe of the multiverse has its own Underworld. Although the last chapter of Assassin confirms that the Yomotsu takes in souls from any where in the multiverse, because it appears the soul of Izo, the master of Shura (protagonist).

The Shura (protagonist) is from a timeline or world different of the lost world and future world. In the world of Shura the Gold Cloths have the blood of Athena (because these have the blue marks).

Crateris Aeson said:

This the Yomotsu Hirasaka, not the Underworld. Each universe of the multiverse has its own Underworld. Although the last chapter of Assassin confirms that the Yomotsu takes in souls from any where in the multiverse, because it appears the soul of Izo, the master of Shura (protagonist).
The Shura (protagonist) is from a timeline or world different of the lost world and future world. In the world of Shura the Gold Cloths have the blood of Athena (because these have the blue marks).
Where is it stated that there is 1 underworld per space-time continuum?

And Hades has Dominion over yomotsu hirsaka with his divine will if we go back to deathmask going to rescue saga, and Shura....?

And Hades has Dominion over yomotsu hirsaka with his divine will if we go back to deathmask going to rescue saga, and Shura....?
Each universe of the multiverse has its own version of Hades, and also has its own version of Athena and Zeus. Each version of Hades has its own kingdom in its universe.

That's right, Hades dominates the world of death (Yomotsu, Shadow of the Underworld, Underworld, Superdimension, Elyseum, and even the Tartarus).

Crateris Aeson said:

Each universe of the multiverse has its own version of Hades, and also has its own version of Athena and Zeus.
That's right, Hades dominates the world of death (Yomotsu, Shadow of the Underworld, Underworld, Superdimension, Elyseum, and even the Tartarus).
Is there anyone to prove that is fact? That there is only 1 per timeline..?

And yomotsu hirsaka is apart of his underworld?

Is there anyone to prove that is fact? That there is only 1 per timeline..?

And yomotsu hirsaka is apart of his underworld?
Yes, each dimension has its own gods, for example the Lost World has its own version of Athena, Hades and Zeus, and also Yoshino and Tomoe are an Athena of other universe.

The Yomotsu is a different dimension to the Underworld. Is the world between life and death.

Those are host bodies of the Gods, and not the Gods true bodies, or better phrased its not thier "True selves." it's still possible that the soul of the gods can inhabit multiple other host bodies across the multiverse. 1 soul for infinite host bodies that all share the same soul of the same being.

So he takes in souls from all across the multiverse from there, and they are stored in the underworld..?

The trailer actually looks lit and great!! Imo CGI for SS will fit perfectly because SS is one of those series that u would normally see use it. It will also catch on to younger kids as well because it's CGI and the type of series it is.

Dude, don't you mess with mah boy surfer Hyoga XD

The Latin American one was also pretty good, though the translation was a bit off at moments, the voice acting was for the most part excellent.

I've heard the italian one was also great, but never seen it.

Regarding the trailer, my two cents:

Animation looks great! When I saw the promotional image released some time ago I was concerned since it looked kinda simple and... unpolished? But seeing the same desings and models in motions with effects and everything they all look great, I take back my initial concern. I guess it was due to Legend of the Sanctuary, but I have to keep in mind there's a huge difference between a movie and an entire series. =P

My only gripe is the voice acting; I don't think it's bad, and I know that aside from Seiya we just have samples of the characters, but it comes as a bit dull. I dunno, I think Seiya's voice is a good fit, but he lacks a bit of passion, could be because Tohru Furuya and Masakazu Morita gave some pretty intense performances. Still, in the show itself and with better context the voice acting can be much better.

Saints vs an army? Hype but still stomp awaits the poor soldiers.

Shun being a girl now... actually doesn't bother me as much? I dunno, I guess I have to see how much his character changed but Shun was pretty femenine in every sense, beyond his pretty looks, his demeanor, poses and mannerisms, so the change and everything doesn't really feel that big. Again, however, need to see Shun in the series itself and how the character is now with better context to say a better opinion.

Well, in my opinion, making Shun a girl because "we can't have an all-male team" is ridiculous. It's like the worst genderbend idea in history lol.

Shun is one of my favourite characters of StS and it was annoying to see people mock him because he was "effeminated" and "always cried" when he was just pacifist. Well, Toei is a bit at fault for this since in every filler arc/Movie/OVAs you always have the cool Ikki saving Shun scene.

But just because he's already "effeminated", it doesn't matter to change his gender? I don't really see the problem with an all-boys team. They could have done some many things like expanding on the role of the already existing female saints or making Saori more active. But no, they made the choice to make the sensitive and caring boy a girl.

What made Shun's character interesting to me was the constrast between all the Andromeda stuff, the clash between his beliefs and what people wanted to see from him (especially in the past when men were always portayed as badass cool guys) and his tremendous potentiel as a fighter. But now, I feel like most of it is lost.

The main writer said on twitter that they didn't wanted to create any new main female character or to make Shaina and Marin more relevant since they are strong enough and they didn't want to change them to Bronze. But they already made so many changes (like the fact that she was taught how to fight by Ikki) to the character that it feels like a completely new character to me.

But well, it's just my first impression coming from a trailer and some comments of someone who worked on the anime. Girl!Shun could be a really great character for all I know lol. And it's a great idea to want to make female characters more relevant, it's just a matter of execution.

Woah, woah... Don't get me wrong, I didn't mean "femenine" in a derogatory way. And I didn't intend to refer to his personality; Shun's values and virtues have nothing wrong with them (they are the reason why he's my fave after Hyoga).

How to put it? Shun's my favorite Saint right after Hyoga, with his personality and values being one of the main reasons. I don't think having a big heart and a caring nature are girly or unmanly traits; I mean, even the king of badass in old school anime, Kenshiro, proved that sheding tears isn't wrong, that being compassionate makes you a good person and having a kind heart is a great virtue (From what I get, before Kenshiro came along, all those things were frowned upon in male heroes and Ken showed that, no, nothing wrong with any of that.)

I simply meant his overall design and how the change didn't involve a huge overhaul to it, in contrast to how Milo in Legend of the Sanctuary was a different character altogether. To be honest I would have preferred they stuck to the original party, but I think and hope is that Shun's core values remain there: his compassion, his kind heart, his pacifistic nature and all that. I think changing that would be worse disservice to his character (kinda like, they made new Shun an action oriented, snarky badass who likes to beat evil to the ground? That would be a poor change for the character IMHO). We kinda agree we have to see the new Shun in execution to see how well was this change handled and if the character is good or not, I'm just being cautiously optimistic.

And to be honest, I see your point and why you're mad about it, not saying the change is good or bad per se, simply my personal stance regarding it. And honestly it does bother me as well the crap Shun gets for not being "badass enough", many of my other favorites in other media get that treatment because of it (Cloud from FFVII for not being like Zack Fair, Megaman X for not being as cool as Zero, Luke fon Fabre for not being like Yuri Lowell or Jade Curtiss, among others).

I see your point in how the anime made Shun weaker, movies are especially bad with their formulaic nature in that regard.

Making Saori more active could have worked. Even if she's a goddess they could have gone the way of Legend of the Sanctuary, kinda like: she doesn't understand her powers well so she's limited, or she isn't a trained fighter so while strong she can be bested in combat, Athena's cosmo hasn't awakened fully or something, I dunno.

To be honest, I don't use Twitter so I am not really up to date of the writting decisions or changes nor anything to be honest. I am going, umm "blind" into this series. So I can't really speak for the reasoning behind any of them.

Im watched the trailer and the animation looks good so far eveen though its CGI.

And in my opinion if they really wanted to please the more political correct people why dint they just give Saiori,Marin and Sheeva more screentime compared to the original series?im feel like changing Shun into a girl is just gonna piss off those guys eveen more because Shun is just gonna become a generic female protagonist unless they change her personality.

I think it'll be pretty good. I'm going to give ti some hope and a chance to redeem itself. if they wanted to make shun a girl they could have did a better job imo, but meh, The only thing that would not sit well with me is that Ikki becomes a siscon.

@TartaChocholate Oh don't worry I totally undestood your message. I was just giving my opinion on why I thought it wasn't a good idea. And, well, after seeing the tweets from the writer, I was probably a little too upset lol. So I apologize if you felt that I was being a bit aggressive, it wasn't my intention.

That reminds me of something. If they do make many seasons for this, does that mean that we will someday have a female Hades? Like, Shun is the reincarnation of Hades so..

Totally unrelated but I just learned that Crunchyroll is going to simulcast Saintia Sho and that the first episode was set to premiere on December 10 so I'm pretty hyped for this since I still haven't started to read the manga.

@FrenchStephy: Don't worry about it, I didn't take it as you being aggressive; my reply was because I kinda felt my first comment on the trailer came out wrong, like I was bashing Shun's character or saying how his personality was better off in a girl, which was by no means the case.

Quite frankly, I can completely understand why people would be bothered by this change.

@UpgradeMan: Actually you're pretty on-topic, great job there, dude!

The reason for making shun female don't mke a lot of sense to be givin Sho is a thing. Don't see how he can even nearly be the same character. Cgi animation looked braraly passible and the Voice Acting is not doing it for me. Desgin was fairly sold. Don't like the lack of blood but more than likely it's for very young kids.

Wonder how new fans will see it, older fans and Latin fans are ripping it apart.

Well, been taking a look at the producer's twitter regarding Shun's genderflip and the reasoning behind it, as well as the complaints people have with it and other stuff about the issue. I kind of take back bits of what I said before, not gonna lie, I am starting to see why it wasn't a good idea or at the very least least a poorly executed.

@FrenchStephy: Now I get your point better and the implications of changing Shun out of the main five.

So, Shun is female in this show huh? Tbh I don't mind, having all the main cast being guys was kinda boring, it add fresh air to have a girl around imo.

I don't like the "reason" why they did it thought.

Someone has been secretly updating the OG episode G and we got some good feats, like Iapeto hs dark matter manipulation, and has control over a infinitely expanding universe or something like that. Also, this universe exist "Above" the world of the saints.

Back