• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Current score

Moon: 0

Athena: 4 (GalaxianAegis, Matthew Schroeder, Gargoyle On, ZeedMillenniummon89)

Inconclusive: 2 (Unite My Rice, DodoNova2)

I call issue with the argument that Nike will allow Athena to be victorious by virtue

A) Sailor Moon in this form is Acausal

B) Sailor Moon gains Fate Manipulation from Queen Nehellnia

C) Power Nullification

D) resistance from Probability Manipulation

I say Sailor Moon shall come out with High Difficulty do to simply having a larger repertoire of abilities than Athena. Sailor Moon has almost every ability Athena has and resistances to those abilities.

I say Sailor Moon can up on win utilizing Sailor Lethe's River of Oblivion which wipes a person's memory, where at it's weakest portrayal, leaves a person not knowing who they are and depowered (this was the side-effect of such a thing on Sailor Moon herself who already had very high resistances to Mind/Dream/Spirit Manipulation) and Oblivion's strongest it leaves the victim in a completely catatonic state. Athena's profile has

Add this to Sailor moon's sealing capabilities, her 1000 year sleep spell, star seed manipulation (which can completely rewrite the very core of a person's existence), power nullification, and can ignore durability

Athena has no way of permanently putting Sailor Moon down, Sailor Moon's resistance to existence erasure is higher than Athena's.

Sailor Moon in this form casually exists in the Galaxy Cauldron which immediately erases a being from the entire timeline instantaneous by a simple touch. Sailor Moon also erased Chaos, who too had this level of resistance.

I'm not entirely convinced by Iamunanimousinthat's argument tho

River of Oblivion working on Usagi doesn't assure it working on Athena as Athena herself seem to have those exact resistances and we don't know how her resistances scale against Usagi's.

And Athena also seems to have the feat of sealing Poseidon's divine power as well, a stronger Olympian God than her (afaik). This could very well work against Usagi's power as well.

I'm inconclusive on this one.

Usagi's mental reistances is very high.

In her base she and the inner senshi was able to be immune to Metallia's planetary mind warp. In her third strongest base form she was immune to the Witches 5's Cyprine and Pitol's mind manipulation while the inner senshi, who were unaffected by Metallia, were severely affected.

As for Sealing, Sailor Moon has powerful sealing abilities as well, scaling from Queen Serenity who sealed Nehellenia and her mirror world to a specific mirror. And scaling from Nehellenia who can still attack and affect the main universe while also sealed in the mirror. Also a direct feat of her breaking Nehellenia's seal when she sealed the team inside Sailor Moon's gorgeous meditation attack.

Even if Usagi mental resistances are several layers higher than the planetary mind warp could muster, planetary scale is a little bit small (compared to the scale of these 2 characters at least). Granted, I do not know how much of a mental resistance Athena has since I'm only going by their profiles.

And although they both have seals, based on your description of Usagi's seal and Athena's seal on her profile, seems to me like their seals are completely different. Usagi's seal seems like sealing to a closed dimension (inside the mirror) while Athena's seems like sealing away the target's power. Dunno if Usagi's seal breaking feat would apply here

Update score

Moon: 1 (Iamunanimousinthat)

Athena: 5 (GalaxianAegis, Matthew Schroeder, Gargoyle On, ZeedMillenniummon89, Bluetrekking)

Inconclusive: 3 (Unite My Rice, DodoNova2, IrMaXuS)

athena doesnt do that in character lol

(In the background)

Hades: Buddy are you sure about that?

By making her tank SMs attacks until she kills SM with attacks that bypass Mid Godly and Type 8

How is she going to bypass sailor moon's mid godly Regenerationn and type 8? Athena has no such ability listed on her profile or explanation. She only has existence erasure listed, something that sailor moon easily and immediately comes back from and has extremely high resistance too.

And it should be noticed that the gods of saint seiya take time to to regenerate at the mod godly level as explained in this thread that gave the reasoning for them having the ability in the forst place:

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/905486

Upon being erased (soul, body and host) the gods go into a slumber state and regenerate over time, decades even.

SM erases a being across all levels, body, mind, soul, power, and concept. Athena will go into a slumber if she tries to tank SM's attack. Where as SM will immediately return.

First of All, Athena's attack is what killed Hades, who had Mid-Godly and Type 8 all the same.

Yes it does take time, but it is still combat applicable as said by Matt on that same thread.

"She has no such ability listed in her profile"

99% of characters who can bypass Mid Godly don't have that stated, not even Reinhard.

At best, Athena makes her have most of her attacks miss using her staff making this inconclusive.

The dude does make a valid point. Plus Hades could have easily killed Athena if he wanted to. After reading the arguments over I'll be voting Moon due to iam's reasoning.

I'm not following your logic? How can athena's attack bypass midgodly and immortality 8 if Hades still regenerated after she killed him? He wouldn't be able to comeback if she bypassed it.

She did, it took him longer to regenerate because of it and it's why the three universes collapsed

Athena vs sailor moon by metalharbinger084-dajg739

Good ....... I had completely forgotten the debate, it is time to argue a little:

AP advantage

• Usagi: It has to restore 2 Universes and dimension having their own space time, (the size and the number of dimension is unknown) all this without the wills.
Baseline 2-C <<< Usagi true Heavenly body

• Athena: She killed Hades (with the saint) who can create 3 Universes and keep them without a surplice, but it should be noted that Hades could easily kill Athena.
Baseline 2-C <<<<<<< Athena

• She should be at the top logically
Hax
Athena:

• she has pretty Hax such as 6 sense disable (but does not work on moon thanks to Silver crystal)
  • Regenerationn: She possesses mid Godly and can Bypass Mid Godly regen, Very impressive
  • Scealing: she too can seal her power
  • The rest of the Hax, Moon has resistance to these and Mid Godly so I think that's it
Usagi: They also have notable hax such as (I do not use the hax of other senshi here)

• Regenerationn: She also has Mid Godly and can bypass Mid Godly too
  • Scealing: She can seal her opponent and break the scealement
  • Reality Manipulation: she could literally Create a new story with lambda power, she could rewrite the history of athena (but the time space continium does not mean anything for athena so IDK if it works)
  • Sleep Manipulation: She can sleep a person 1000 years
  • Attack/Spell Creation: if the fight is over, she could create new technique to finish the fight
In truth, Usagi has the advantage of hack to win

Resistance
Athena:

• So, Athena has a resistance to all that is mortal (I'm not even kidding) as well as to the erasure (Are armor survives Hyperdimension ect ...) May she could have been killed by hades easily ( he bypass mid Godly like Usagi)
Usagi:

• She also resists most of the hax that kills, but her greatest feat is to survive without any effort in the Cauldron Galaxy that erases everything conceptually, she exists in without any effort and allows other senshi to exist too. She will not be erased by athena so easily.
the characters
Very important here, he will determine that it is attacking The two will begin to do.

Usagi:

• In this form, it should first use lambda power, it will not use hax as sealing directly.
Athena

• I do not really know, it's been a while since I've read SS, but say that intelligent as she is, she should have started with a Fatal attack directly
Range
Usagi

• It has a Multi-Universal Range, at Maximum it can affect two Universe and alternative dimensions
Saori

• I do not remember How does it have a Universal Range Multi (hades it's probably via 3 Universe Collapsing) but for Athena .... I do not know
Stamina
Both have unlimited endurance

Versality
Usagi has much more to damage / kill athena, she has more technique ect ...

Result
.... this is really hard, there's a lot more to do, so I'm voting for Inconclusive, both can kill each other, there's going to be a lot of trouble killing each other, so it's probably going to go with the techic as scling ect ....

I could vote Moon with the hax but do not forget the advantage of Athena's AP

Update votes

Moon: 2 (Iamunanimousinthat, Knightofannihilation666)

Athena: 6 (GalaxianAegis, Matthew Schroeder, Gargoyle On, ZeedMillenniummon89, Bluetrekking, Kople700)

Inconclusive: 3 (Unite My Rice, DodoNova2, IrMaXuS)

Gargoyle One said:
She did, it took him longer to regenerate because of it and it's why the three universes collapsed
That's not really bypassing. That's delaying Regenerationn at best.

And I don't think Hades was shown to to regenerate from nothing instantenously before. So it would be difficult to claim that it was her power that made him take so long to regenerate without knowing what his regular regen time is.

but anyways. scarletmoon puts this in athena's favor. a grace period commences.

Delaying Regenerationn over a day counts as a win, so that's irrelevant anyway, but fair enough.

He's the same as all of the other gods who, rely on the concept they embody, including Zeus, who regenerated almost instantly, it was also discussed on the thread here https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/905486?useskin=oasis whether if it was combat applicable and that was agreed to be so.

Zeus only regenerated instantly because his host body wasn't destroyed. IT was explained in the same thread you posted. If all aspects, body, soul, and host body is destroyed the gods go into a slumber which takes decasdes which is also explained.

Si.

Regardless, considering her staff of victory, and her own ways to bypass Mid Godly, I still think Athena takes it in the long run.

but Usagi can also bypass MGodly, seal or sleep Athena nah? athena also has something to beat a mid Godly being, more reason for my inconclusive vote

Sailor Moon's fate manipulation and resistance to fate manipulation, accausality, and possibility creation should override probability manipulation.

Hades has all of the resistances you mentioned except for possibility creation.

Which doesn't translate to probability.

Back