• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saddest moment in anime?

Jesus, this thread hurts to read :(

For me it would be Hughes' funeral in FMA, PlaMemo got me good, Laxus being banished from FT and the part with the festival, Ryuko's wedding scene from KLK, and Kiritsugu's whole character from F/Z.

Oh yeah. Hughes funeral hits hard. Kiritsugu's dream killing of Illya was pretty sad as well, as was his realisation that he couldn't save the world.

If we include manhwas here, Hui Mo Ri's death in God of Highschool hit me hard.

"He wasn't 'destroyed'. He died. And he's not a clone. He's my friend"

Saddest PMMM moment goes to the scene with Madoka and Homura in the past in my opinion.

The girl who becomes a chimera in FMAB.

Yuno's suicide at the end of Mirai Nikki.

Mariko's death in Elfen Lied. They managed to make it sad despite the fact that I hated her

L's death from Death Note.

Isara's funeral in Valkyria Chronicles made me cry for real (the game did it better though). First show that managed to do it in the last 6 years.

Mkay here's a few of mine (that haven't been mentioned yet):

Akame ga Kill: The death of Sheele.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica: The revelation of Homura's backstory.

Revolutionary Girl Utena: Utena's loss to Touga, Anthy's subsequent leaving of Utena as a result, leading to Utena's breakdown.

Yuki Yuna is a Hero: Togo's fight with Yuna in the final episode.

Yuri!!! on Ice: Yuri's anxiety attack(s) throughout episode 7, coming to a head when Viktor threatened to leave him (this one was mostly just personal for me).

When I saw Hughes funeral I was already in sad land from seeing the chimera girl so hearing Hughes daughter ask why they are burying him then tell them to stop burying him... That hit hard

Fullmetal Alchemist is just to much

Tomoda's life as the ultimate wingman in Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun.

Sora's existance disappearing, followed by the ED song.

When Gilgamesh showed Ilya how he stole her heart.

When Ash lost his first Pokemon League, followed by by Butterfree.

Hikigaya Hachiman makes a fake confession.

Otosaka Ayumi and her relation to the term, "you are what you eat".

Yuzuriha Inori's last moments and Ouma Shu's life after her.

Satomi Rentaro's loli harem.

Lastly, the fact that an orc got a girlfriend before I did.

Shinshi na Orc wo Mezashimasu

Forgot the death of Hyiori Kazane from Sora no Otoshimono. That one was really sad too

Touka's death in the new Tokyo Ghoul chapter was sad too.

(just kidding, I haven't read it or seen raws or anything. But if you have been waiting for the chapter to be released/translated for the past two weeks like I have, this comment just gave you a heart attack)

Burning Full Fingers said:
Exactly. I nearly had a heart attack. Gotta catch up on :re.
Well the chapter is out now.

(and damn dissapointing. Seriously Kaneki. You defeated Arima. Your ex-subordinate has gone more yandere than Yuno. Man the f up and wreck her)

I refuse to call Berserk's anime an anime, so I'm not mentioning it here.

Well, I have watched very little anime and stuff, but FMA got me with the daughter + dog sundae chimera. Also, Jiraiya's death from Naruto.

Ushio's death in Clannad easily, I don't think I've ever been so sad for anything in media before or since. A lot of scenes in Clannad punch you in the heart tbh.

I would say others, but that would devalue this one, which is IMO far and away the saddest, it's not even close.

Back