• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saddest moment in anime?

So hard to choose, lol. We might just have to go series by series. For me:

Yu Yu Hakusho: When Kurama kills the Game Master.

Dragon Ball Z: Gohan's grief when Goku dies against Cell.

Pokemon: Been years since I've seen all of it, so I'll just say when Misty left. I do remember crying a lot about that back as a child when she went, because I had a major crush on her. >.<

Elfen Lied: The reveal that the Diclonius had all been wiped out at the end of the manga. For anime, it would be Lucy's confrontation with Kouta before his memories returned after Yu tried to rape her (forgot what episode). You can just tell she's longing for a normal life there.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Mami's death. Just damn.

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha: Still on the first season, but I'd say Precia's treatment of Fate, namely the whips. Just cold. Makes you realize why Arf is so hardened she'd remove an adversary by swallowing her whole, and Fate is just so innocent trying to please her mother only for it to never happen. As a real life victim of domestic abuse, this strikes a little too close to home for me.

Those are really the only series I remember that well, or have seen all the way through. Anyway, what are yours?

YYH

Kuwabara's sadness and going ape shit when Yusuke "died" at Sensui's hands.

DBZ

Piccolo's death at Nappa's hands.

Vegeta's speech to Goku when Frieza killed him.

Gohan losing it when Android 16 is killed.

Fairy Tail

Laxus is watching the Fantasia parade and all the Fairy Tail members do their salute and Makarov gives a speech saying he'll always be watching over his grandson. The way it was done in the anime and the music that played during this are what make this scene just so ******* beautiful.

Erza reveals to Richard the fate of his younger brother Wally and he breaks down. Again, the music that played during this scene made it all the more beautiful.

Toward the Terra (this is a really sad series and has a shit tonne of feels)

Keith is forced to kill Shiroe and he sheds a single tear.

Kim's final words to Jomy.

Blue sacrifices himself in order to allow the other Mu to escape. His final speech which was shown at the end of the episode really hits you hard.

Matsuka sacrifices himself to save Keith followed by Keith & Serge expressing true sadness at his death.

Jomy and Keith's final moments.

Reincarnations of Jomy and Keith meet sometime later in the future and shed tears when they see each other.

Jiraya dying, Android 16's and Goku's Sacrifice against Cell and Vegeta's vain sacrifice against Buu I didn't cry but man they made me feel dead inside

Good lord this scene in Digimon Tri 3 had me crying real tears. This whole movie was so sad, with Patamo telling T.K. that he kill him if he ever got violent, or the partner Digimon all wanting to spend one last day with their tamers...not to mention the ''''''subtle'''''' subtext that the kids are secretly being abused and manipulated to do that creepy government ladies whose name I forgets bidding. Then the "reboot" happened and the Digital World and all of its inhabitants got memory wiped and reverted to their baby forms (except for Alphamo and Jesmo, curiously enough...)

Crona sacrificing himself to save Maka in Soul Eater was also really sad to me, though it was resolved within a few episodes, which made me both glad and annoyed me a bit.

The last episode of Squid Girl Season 1 I remember making me really sad, though its been so long (Almost 6 years) that I barely remember why.

While it's probably far from the saddest, Sheele's death in AGK is the first time I've cried at a character's death since 2012.

How the **** could I forget about the deaths of Jiraiya from Naruto and Hughes from FMA? Damn you brain!

When I saw that Azzy replied to this thread, I automatically knew he was going to post some kind of meme. In fact, I'm surprised I wasn't expecting The Nutshack.

ArbitraryNumbers said:
When I saw that Azzy replied to this thread, I automatically knew he was going to post some kind of meme. In fact, I'm surprised I wasn't expecting The Nutshack.
I live to give everyone pleasant little surprises in their daily lives.

oh right jojo part 1 william zeppelin's and george's death made me dead inside willaim more impactful though, caesar's death now that's a prideful death that really sadden me like the other deaths and how kakyoin, iggy and abdul died was also quite crazy....part 4 i think Shigechi's death was also quite sad not like the others but still the dude kept fighting on

Whitebeard's death (One piece), Meruem's death (HunterXHunter), Several moments in the last couple of episodes of (Your lie in april), Hughe's death (FMAB), Ice Skating scene (Death Parade), Going Merry Funeral (One Piece), Kamina's death (Gurren lagann), Chopper's backstory along with many other backstories (One piece), (Madoka Magica) pretty much the entire anime is about depression...

oh right Dire....and Kamina's death with Kittan's death and whitebeards death was pretty sad but in a awesome way these deaths they went out with a bang I just think the saddest deaths are also the ones that I think are the more honorable ones. Tbh the nina turning into a dog is an old meme but still the meme doesn't get old to me XXDDDDD

Lina Shields said:
Clannad Ushio's Death SHQ
Clannad Ushio's Death SHQ
THISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CLANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh god did i cry like a mad man....

second is ace and flying lamb dying in one piece,

third: meruem and his GFs death,

fourth: USHIO TO TORA, the scene of jiemai and her brother creating the divine spear, i only saw the anime and it was SOOOOOOOOOO fcking sad...

Gurren Lagann's ending was definitely one of the saddest. Every person Yoko kissed died, and she will end up alone. In fact, the entire main cat never finds their true love and any attempts to do so are harshly shot down. Nia fading away, anyone? Makes you wonder if the writers were throwing in a preachy commentary on how you shouldn't fall in love because it just hurts you and you'll end up alone. In short, maybe the writers just really, REALLY needed to get laid. :p

Hard to say, I get all emotional about a bunch of them. Hueghs funeral in FMA is a big one. Pretty much all of Elfen Lied depresses me, but I'm pretty sure that is the point of the show.

I don't have that many in anime that I know of other than Yusuke's deaths and Clannad in general. However, I have a few LOST ones. Namely, Charlie's death on the boat, and the Asian couple's death towards the end of the series.

Jonathan Joestar's death was sad the deaths I mentioned made me feel....and normally i don't give two craps on sad deaths unless they were honorable for me

Fullmetal Alchemist is the only anime to make me shed tears, especially when that bastard transmutated his daughter and her dog into a chimara, I couldn't hold back the tears and ran to get a tissue.

That entire show it just tears me up...(runs and grabs more tissue)

Maybe Spike's death in Cowboy Bebop. The Fullmetal Alchemist episode that LordGriffin1000 mentioned also stands out.

Back