• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LordAizenSama said:
I mean, Sabo is automatically better in CQC skills as his arsenal of CQC techniques consists of more then fire punch of doom.
Having more techniques doesn't make you a better fighter at all. And Sabo's "techniques" boil down to the dragon claw of doom. I fail to see the difference.

Before using Dragonforce Zeref kicked his ass so that doesn't count as Large island thou, you should probably ask Aiden about it as he scaled that.

Sabos is a technique honed via physical CQC training and practice (As Knight said he was trained by some reputable cqc guys like ivankov and kuma) and the other one is a brawler throwing fire haymakers with different names with no technique behind the punches.

Oh my God I missed all this.

Scarlet, it isn't so much Sabo being more skilled, but his style is the perfect counter opposite to Natsu, I'm not saying Natsu isn't skilled, but typically a Brawler who generally tries to go for maximum damage as opposed to someone who typically tries to analyze the others way of fighting and act accordingly isn't a particularly well fairing matchup for the brawler.

Sabo has been trained by hack who is a very skilled martial artist and natsu has no knowledge of martial arts so Sabo is more skilled, Sabo also focuses mainly on his hand 2 hand combat as he only got his fire powers recently whereas natsu doesn't

That's actually a good point.

Sabo for most of his life has had to rely on his own CQC skills while Natsu has used fire in pretty much all of his fights.

I was just adding to the argument about who is more skilled but if that's enough for a vote then you can count it

Sabo is new to his devil fruit and does not have much knowledge about it, and him being a better fighter then natsu is not true at all.

Natsu has shown many times to be smart when it comes to fights and has shown great h2h combat, sabo has not shown anything that makes him better fighter then natsu.

Saying sabo got trained by dragon and because of that he is now a better fight is just pure dumb, also all of sabo fire ability is gonna be useless in this fight against natsu and his logia intangibility won't work here since natsu will just grab him and eat him if he transforms into his logia form.

Also natsu flames being superior to sabo's flames gives natsu the upperhand and if we are using their pages for this fight then sabo does not have his precog and has not shown any in the manga or anime.

My vote goes to natsu in this battle.

While it's true that Sabo just got his Devil Fruit, that doesn't give an edge to Natsu. Sabo is not Ace and does not rely on his Devil Fruit.

Actually saying that Sabo got trained by Dragon is not "Just pure dumb." It's perfectly accurate. While Natsu may be a good fighter he's still a brawler as Lord Aizen explained. Sabo's fighting style perfectly counters Natsu's brash fighting style. As for Natsu eating Sabo that's VERY unlikely. Sabo isn't going to stand around while Natsu grabs a hold of him and eat him. He's obviously gonna switch back to his normal form and fight Natsu off.

And how is Natsu's flames superior here? We don't know the temperature of Sabo's fire so we don't know who's is hotter. But you are right about the precog part.

@Omega Akainu's magma can smoother and deprive Ace's fire of oxygen thus reverting him to his normal form.

Going with Sabo for the reasons stated. While Sabo's fire attacks don't mean much here, he was already a powerful and capable fighter and member of the Revolutionary Army before he got the Mera Mera no Mi. He was getting by just fine with Haki and Martial Arts.

Not to mention that Natsu's fire won't do too much to Sabo, who should be resistant to fire.

I absolutely agree with C2. He took the words right out of my mouth. Unlike Ace, Sabo isn't completely reliant on his Devil Fruit. Even without it, he's still likely in the High 6-C range. And with it, he can still use it in ways that is advantageous to him while duking it out with the Fairy Tail protag. I vote Sabo for the reasons above.

Sabo takes this,

Sabo is not like ace.

Ace jumped up into power with his df, but he grew reliant on it (partly why he died even)

Sabo on the other hand, is number 2 in the entire army. That means

-He is likely stronger compared to Kuma and Ivankov

-He fought Fujitora for a significant period of time

-He crushed a vice admirals skull with just haki

In short

/natsu just before he 'eats him'

/sabo crushes his skull because pre cog and better haki

Sabo mid diff

Lmao Sabo doesn't have pre cog but I'll count the vote due to the other reasons.

Grace Period begins.

Knightofannihilation666 said:
Lmao Sabo doesn't have pre cog but I'll count the vote due to the other reasons.

Grace Period begins.
thought he used it but i was wrong u right

then just crushes his skull.

I'm sorry I just found this now, and my question; what?

Natsu has consistently interacted with fire as though it were a solid so Sabo's logia intangibility is rendered moot against a guy who trreats fire as if it were a solid. I'm not going to go into a battle of skill since that's hard to judge- one has extensive training due to fighting along mercenaries and the like, and the other is an accomplished CQC overpowering multiple skilled opponents by analysing and countering their style (ps grace doesn't automatically mean greater skill). Everyone seems to have forgotten Sabo still struggles/forgets to turn intangible since the power is still new to him so fighting with a new power he's still learning to control is more a detriment than a strength.

And if Sabo is high end high 6C compared to Irene's meteor which is borderline baseline high 6c (which Natsu is unquantifiably above) wouldn't that just make it a clear mismatch due to the sheer AP difference?)

Davidsteel1 said:
I'm sorry I just found this now, and my question; what?

Natsu has consistently interacted with fire as though it were a solid so Sabo's logia intangibility is rendered moot against a guy who trreats fire as if it were a solid. I'm not going to go into a battle of skill since that's hard to judge- one has extensive training due to fighting along mercenaries and the like, and the other is an accomplished CQC overpowering multiple skilled opponents by analysing and countering their style (ps grace doesn't automatically mean greater skill). Everyone seems to have forgotten Sabo still struggles/forgets to turn intangible since the power is still new to him so fighting with a new power he's still learning to control is more a detriment than a strength.
But Sabo can actually fight without his powers.

You know, the reason why he is High 6-C in the first place is he is not only number 2 in the army, but basically beats vice admirals on the regular with just his strength. Natsu, unlike maybe with ace, cant just hold his body in place and beat him up. Because that will likely. A. Piss sabo off. B. Allow him to counter attack with much more power since more likely then not, his haki means he outclasses natsu in both offense and defense.

If it was a mismatch then one of the staff members that commented would have said so. Now this is already over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back