• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Arbitrary The whole surface of the moon facing GL was filled with turrets shooting at it. GLs attack destroyed all the turrets in one blast. Considering they didn't stand on top but were buried in the surface, the damage that was done to the moon must have been massive.

Nonetheless GLs AP comes from no-selling teppelin hammer, which is a feat calculated to be 5.7 exajoules.

Thus Gurren Lagann is over 8 times stronger than Ryuko, so the first Gigadrillbreaker that hits her will turn her into a puddle of blood. And since this is beyond Ryukos regen, the fight will end right there. There were instances of Gurren Lagann starting (and thus ending) the fight with Gigadrillbreaker, so I see good chances of it happening here again.

(Before Ryuko has any chance of growing in AP at all. Besides we don't know how/if Ryuko can/will evolve past Kisaragi, while we definitely know what Gurren Lagann can evolve into.)

/\ Pretty sure "Evolving past the keys used in the match" is a non factor. I'm saying this for both Ryuko and GL.

Looking back at this, I switch my vote to the GL. Their respective stat amping cancel each other so Ryüko shouldn't be able to close the AP gap, and a Giga Drill Breaker has the AoE to destroy her body completely. Granted, her regen will keep her alive until the GL lands it cleanly, but she will have a really hard time killing it before it happens due to the AP gap

Just asking:

"Their respective stat amping cancel each other so Ryüko shouldn't be able to close the AP gap,"

Considering she is actually weaker than them to begin with, why would they get stronger/evolve from fighting her? It doesnt' seem to me like fighting a weaker opponent would lead to reactive evolution

Also, I sitll don't know where the reactive evolution comes from. Or is it just the stat ampling from Simon/Kamina getting more hyped?

@Monarch

Getting stronger is the stat amping. It should work with no problems.

The reactive evolution is due to adapting to the water pressure during one of the first episodes I think.

Ok, but Kamina and Simon don't seem the type to get stat amping levels of hyped if they are fighting someone weaker than them.

And osn't that just adapatation? At least, its not a very good reactive evolution feat. Not compared to Ryuko's

See here's the problem with that, she's weaker yes at first but she won't be for long, when she starts getting stronger they'll get stronger in turn after getting knocked around for a bit or they'll realize oh shit she's getting stronger and get stronger in turn.

Ok, but it still prevents Ryüko from becoming as strong or stronger than the GL.

Dunno. Never said that it was as good as Ryüko's.

Yeah, but Kal was arguing she'd never close the gap.

If they aren't stat amping the whole time, she will close the gap pretty quickly once she regens. She might not get stronger than them, but she wouldn't be weaker anymore

Yeah she'd close the gap quickly but once they start amping it's gonna quickly widen again, I mean their stat amping is kinda bullshit.

I mean...Ryuko allowed herself to be impaled for an extended amount of time because it was giving her a constant power boost...

Not arguing who wins, but Ryuko has regenerated from being split into two halves before. The drill would have to do more damage than that to hill her.

Can she regenerate from a spinning Drill that continues to grow in size grinding her into mush inside out?

The drill is several times bigger than her body. If she is hit by that, factoring the AP gap, she ain't regenerating.

"The drill is going to split her in half"

>Ryuko can regenerate from being split in half

"Well now it can turn her into mush"

Which is it? But yes if the drill does that she can't regenerate from it. I was only arguing against the claim that she couldn't regenerate from being split in half.

Okay. Again not arguing who'd win. Just arguing against the claim she can't regenerate from being split into two and the odd change from "it'll split her in two" to "it'll turn her into mush" right after it's said she can regenerate from being split in two.

After seeing Kaltias's clip I think that attack + the higher stats should be able to give Gurren Lagann the win as well.

@Weekly What? I legitamately think GL wins. What's wrong with that?

I also voted for Dante. It's not like I always stick with Ryuko no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back