• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactive evolution has now been added to Gurren Lagann's profile since it was missing. The ability is an application of spiral power itself, not any specific mecha

Reactive evolution is a basic application of spiral power and comes from the pilot. So he does have reactive evolution. However it's nowhere as impressive as in the later parts of the series (where he literally goes from 4-B to low 2-C in half an hour and from low 2-C to 2-C in about a minute).

Both will grow stronger the longer the battle lasts and thanks to Ryukos regen this is not an easy fight. Still Gurren Lagann starts 8x stronger than Ryuko. So he will easily do massive damage, while Ryuko does no damage at all. This will most likely result in Ryuko's stamina draining much faster than Gurren Lagann's.

Also I think using an attack like giga drill breaker (8 times stronger than ryukos dura) should destroy her body far enough to overcome her regen. The drill if applied continuously should easily be capable of turning her into a puddle of blood (Which is way easier accomplished than true vaporization and too much for Ryuko's regen).

Post timeskip already has some spatial manip stuff and the overall stat advantage is even bigger.

Overall I'm leaning more towards Gurren Lagann. The difficulty is depending on how far Ryukos "Zenkai" can close the gap in power.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I don't remember GL doing anything particularly impressive with its reactive evolution, at least prior to the time skip. I do remember it adapting to the water pressure, but that's about it

NOTE: I'm not talking about the stat amping powers.

There is adapting to water pressure as you mentioned and learning how to fly instantly after absorbing the enemies flight unit. Also there are multiple instances of him creating new moves the moment there is need for it (drill bullets that time he fought a swarm of enemies, giga drill maximum the moment he got surrounded by enemies, ...). Those are feats I can remember where his reactive evolution does more than just raising his power.

The latter is more an absorption feat though. Dunno if it counts as reactive evolution.

Anyway @Weekly

I'm changing my vote to inconclusive. I think GL stats amping would balance Ryuko's Zenkai but I don't know if it would be able to put her down for good

@DaiFritzi Ryuko's zenkai is pretty potent. In the final fight against Shinra Koketsu Ragyo Ragyo was far stronger than Kisaragi Ryuko to the point where she was basically ragdolling Ryuko at the beginning of the fight, and in a few minutes Ryuko's power grew to the point where she could match her, and even after Ragyo ransformed into a more powerful form which could casually ragdoll the now empowered Ryuko she still couldnt deal any lasting damage, while Ryuko just kept getting stronger.

And Ryuko's reactive evo has done all of that and then some

Him integrating the unit is an absorption feat. Him instantly learning how to control it is reactive evolution.

@Kaltias

You can copy the source code of every page by using the "view source" button in the top left corner of every page (or the "edit" button --> view source within the editor). After that you just need to change you post to source mode by clicking the brackets button on the bottom left and copy the code there.

You can look up the code for tabbers in any profile using it.

Ryuko's regen is ridiculously above GL's. And she probably has better reactive evolution too. Dunno about the stat amplification though.

ryukos Regenerationn is limited by her bloodloss, so naturally, it can be overtaxed.

saying that ryukos regen wasnt ever overtaxed as an argument, is the same as saying that saitama cant be defeated, since he was never shown even close to being defeated.

When has Ryuko been unable to regenerate as efficiently due to bloodloss?

In Kisaragi (form being used here) she lost gallons of blood getting split in half or impaled countless times yet casually regenerated. In TLFS she was also cut in half, which logically should cause her to lose a massive amount of blood, yet she regenerated that no problem. In LFS she lost a lot of blood from Ragyo pulling out her heart, she regenerated that. Ryuko ripped off the kamui, causing so much blood to fall it completely covered her and the area around her entirely in blood, yet she healed the injuries.

And nobody is claiming that Ryuko's Regenerationn is infallible. You can negate it by doing the classic "from both sides" to her forms besides Kisaragi, or reduce her to something too small to grow back from.

Ryukama said:
... or reduce her to something too small to grow back from.
Thank you for mentioning it Ryukama. This is exactly what will happen to Ryuko once she gets hit by a giga drill breaker 8x stronger than her durability. If GL grinds her into a puddle of blood, which will happen considering the difference in strength, she will not be able to regenerate.

Also there have been fights (eg vs guame) where Simon finished the fight with giga drill breaker as his first attack. So, using giga drill breaker as his first attack would not be out of character.

After rewatching the last ep of klk I have to add something. After the fight with Ragyo, Zenketsu collapses. He stated that "Shinra Koketsu was more powerful than he thought". This means that dealing damage in a similar matter to Ragyo destroys Zenketsu itself.

Without Zenketsu Ryuko is practically helpless. This adds an option for GL to win this match regardless of Ryukos regen.

DaFritzi said:
After rewatching the last ep of klk I have to add something. After the fight with Ragyo, Zenketsu collapses. He stated that "Shinra Koketsu was more powerful than he thought". This means that dealing damage in a similar matter to Ragyo destroys Zenketsu itself.
No, Senketsu was absorbing the power of Shinra Koketsu, which he couldnt handle, which caused him to be destroyed.

DaFritzi said:
I'm not arguing who would win, but Senketsu collapses because he just finished absorbing the power of someone who was leagues above him. How is that relevant to this fight?

EDIT: Ninja'd by Weekly lol

Going by his exact words both is possible, but I guess he might have said "Ragyo" instead of "Shinra Kokutsu" if he meant the battle damage.

Still the events are debatable. It could also have been him accumulating damage over the course of the fight and collapsing afterwards.

even wolvies, deadpool's and hulks Regenerationn can be overtaxed.

just bcs ryuko survived great things, doesnt mean the Regenerationn cant be overtaxed.

sure, ryuko can lose great amounts of blood, but it is not infinite.

why arent we talking about gurren lagann's regen? it runs on willpower, which is not going to run out, unless they fight 24 hours straight and simon gets real hungry or smth.

having said that, this is a close battle either way.

You're attacking a stawman. Again "no one is claiming that Ryuko's Regenerationn is infallible. You can negate it by..."

Yeah Ryuko's Regenerationn can be overtaxed. I'm not denying that and no one in this thread is either. So there's no point bringing that up.

You said "her Regenerationn is limited by her bloodloss." This is not true. Her Regenerationn factor does not get lowered or slowed down just because she lost blood in the process. If her body gets reduced to something too small for her to come back from, yeah she won't regenerate. But that's different.

And Gurren Lagann's Regenerationn is not that good (being listed as Low on the profiles) If you're so heavily insistent that Ryuko's can and will get overtaxed, so could GL's.

GL's regen can be overpowered(dealing heavier blows than it can regen), but not overtaxed, it runs on spiral power, which is pretty much infinite unless simon throws the towel, which i dont see ever happening.

ryuko's clothes run on blood. losing blood over and over doesnt slow down her regen, but it would get ryuko killed. i mean senketsu alone is constantly drinking her blood, so she does have some kind of time limit from the get go and that limits gets lower as she loses more blood.

ryukos best chance is to tear GL to pieces as quickly as possible, otherwise her chances only get lower and lower in the long run.

So you claim everyone who says Ryuko's regen can't be overtaxed (which no one ever said) is using NLF and equating them to a Saitama fanboy, only for you to say that GL's regen can't be overtaxed and is infinite?

Unless the profile is wrong, GL's Regenerationn simply is not that impressive. It can be killed by reducing it to pieces or through decapitation/fatal wounds.

If losing blood over and over would get Ryuko killed, then she'd be long dead during every scene I referenced. She can replenish blood as well. As long as she doesn't have her body reduced to something too small to come back from bloodloss won't matter.

I give Ryuko this, her strength is her regen and her being able to damage to GL that is too much for its lower level regen to deal with. She might be even able to cut through a drill.

Inconclusive for now after seeing all of the arguments. May change my mind in the future though depending on what other arguments are presented.

I don't really see the problem seeing how neither of them went trough revisions or something

@Kal It's because we have a rule against necroing. Though I don't think this counts.

Dunno, but considering this is Kisaragi Ryuko who regens extremely fast (seriously, when it comes to High-Mid Regen she has one of the best I've ever seen) and the reasons given above for her, I gotta say Ryuko seems more likely to take this for me.

Voting Ryuko on this one, albeit Gurren can and will put one hell of a fight. High-diff for Ryuko.

Glmoonbust
Going by this picture, the explosion created covered roughly 90% of half the moon's circumference.
The moon's circumference is 10,921 kilometers.

Divide that by 2 and multiply by .9, and that's 4,914.45 kilometers.

Using the airburst radius formula:

(((4,914.45/0.28)^3)/1000) * .5 = 2703464511.52 Megatons, or 2.7 Petatons of TNT - Continent level+.

Now, Ryuko's is 2.7 * 10^27 Joules. That's 644 Petatons of TNT. 238 times stronger than Gurren Lagann.

Depends, though. Did GL actually destroy part of the moon, or did it just create an explosion that covered part of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back