• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WeeklyBattles

VS Battles
Retired
Klk by bensonbiscuit-d7cfr2h
Summary
Ryüko Matoi is the teenage main hero of Trigger Studios' 2013 anime, Kill la Kill. Six months before the beginning of the series, her father was murdered in front of her by a mysterious figure. Since then she has dedicated her life to a quest for vengeance against the killer. These travels lead her to Honnōji Academy, a hellish school where its absurdly powerful student council rules with an iron fist. Thinking that their president Satsuki Kiryüi may know who killed her father, she has many intense battles against her and the rest of the student council. But perhaps they are more on her side than she thinks.

Powers and Stats
Tier: High 6-A

Name:
Ryüko Matoi

Origin: Kill la Kill

Classification: Life Fiber Infused Human, Honnōji Academy Student

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Expert Hand-to-Hand Combatant, Expert Swordswoma, Reactive Evolution, Cloth Manipulation, Shapeshifting (With Senketsu only), Flight, Sound Redirectio, Afterimage Creation, Regenerationn (High-Mid), Immortality (Type 3), Berserk Mode when she turns extremely angry (Though this form has more disadvantages than advantages), Life Fiber Absorption, Resistance to Mind Manipulation, Memory Manipulation, Empathic Manipulation and Morality Manipulation (Resisted Ragyo's Mental Refitting on multiple occasions), Gains significant boosts to her Attack Potency and Durability the closer she is to dying, Can generate high speed air slashes, Can survive the vacuum of space, Can run up platforms at 90 degree angles or upside down, Mind Control via absorbing Ragyo's Absolute Domination (This ability only works on Life Fibers however)

Attack Potency: Multi-Continent level (Destroyed the Life Fibers surrounding the earth)

Speed: At least Massively Hypersonic+, likely higher (Far faster than Base Ragyo, who could casually outpace her previous form, which kept up with Nui Harime, who could casually speedblitz her previous Mach 4500+ form, along with someone of equal speed with her eyes closed)

Lifting Strength: At least Class T (Is far stronger than her EoS form, which lifted her City sized Scissor Blade's Final Address Decommission Mode)

Striking Strength: Class NJ

Durability:
Multi-Continent level (Withstood numerous attacks from bloodlusted Ragyo with second form Shinra Koketsu), Regenerationn and boosts in durability when she gets closer to death makes her hard to kill

Stamina: Very high (Exceptionally strong-spirited, being able to create shock waves from her will alone and never gives in to pain, no matter how much it hurts. And can fight even with losing several gallons of blood)

Range: Extended Melee Range, Thousands of Kilometers with shockwaves, Planetary with Absolute Domination (Only works with Life Fibers however)

Standard Equipment: Her Kamui, Senketsu and the Scissor Blade/Rending Scissors

Intelligence: Although she is brash, hot-blooded, and hard-headed, Ryüko possesses years of experience fighting foes of all kinds in both hand-to-hand combat and with her Scissor Blades. She is ingenious in battle, frequently using her opponent's weaknesses and specialties against them and even cutting herself in half in order to exploit her innate ability to become stronger as she approaches death. However, she is fiercely independent and often chooses to rely on her instincts rather than logic, recklessly charging in to defeat her opponent as soon as possible rather than study them first.

Weaknesses: She becomes more vulnerable to damage should her opponent manage to cut Senketsu's Banshi threads, If any part of her body is cut from both sides simultaneously (i.e. with a scissor) she cannot regenerate. (Every Life Fiber thread still needs to be precisely cut however. Such as when she got cut in half from both sides, but was still able to regenerate as the slice wasn't precise enough to make the weakness kick in. This downside does not seem to be present at all in her Kisaragi form though, as she was stabbed from both sides thousands of times in the same area yet instantly regenerated from it), Ryuko can also be rather reckless and hot-headed. (Although this mindset has helped her some times such as her fight with Omiko, it's drastically held her back in others.)

Notable Attacks/Techniques:

Scissor Blade (þëçÕñ¬ÕêÇÚïÅ Katatachi Basami):
As the name implies, The Scissor Blade is a sword resembling a giant half of a scissor. Ryüko's signature weapon is one half of a giant pair of scissors, which she wields as a one-handed, single-edged longsword. It is one of only two known weapons in existence capable of cutting Life Fibers.

• Decapitation Mode: The scissor blade's length, range and strength become significantly increased.
    • Fiber Lost (þ╣èþ¡Õû¬Õñ▒ Sen'i Sōshitsu): A forward sword thrust that allows Ryüko to absorb one's Life Fibers
  • Rending Scissors (µû¡Òüíµû¼ÒéèÒâÉÒéÁÒ⃠Tachikiri Basami): When the Scissor Blades are used together, they are able to sever Life Fibers as well as prevent their Regenerationn, as shown by Nui's loss of her eye and arms (done by Isshin/Sōichirō and Ryüko respectively). In this form, they retain their ability to extend their blades, forming a pincer-like weapon called "Dual Decapitation Mode." Even though the Rending Scissors need to be used together to activate this effect, they do not need to be combined together to use this effect, meaning that it can have the same effect even when it is divided into two halves.
    • Final Address Mode: One of the Scissor Blade's final transformations, which grows to a massive size twice as large as the multi-city block sized S.S. Naked Su)
      • Decommission Mode: An even larger form that becomes so huge it completely dwarfs Honnouji Academy and S.S. Naked Sun.
Kamui Senketsu: Life Fibers Synchronize - Senketsu is a Kamui (clothing made entirely out of Life Fibers) that Isshin Matoi created specifically for his daughter. This was achieved by infusing him with Ryüko's DNA. When discovered by Ryüko, the two become extremely close allies. Senketsu can draw more power towards himself and his wearer by feeding off blood.

• Senketsu Senjin (Ú««ÞíÇÚûâÕêâ Senketsu Blade Flash): Senketsu protrudes various blades and claws from his body providing greater defense and useful for jabbing opponents.
  • Senketsu Shippu (Ú««ÞíÇþû¥Úó¿ Senketsu Gale) - This form grants Ryüko the ability to fly.
  • Senketsu Mubyōshi (Ú««ÞíÇþäíµïìÕ¡É Senketsu Sound Negation): An attack that redirects sound waves and cancels them out.
  • Beserker Mode - When Ryüko becomes especially "hot blooded", Senketsu mutates her into a giant berserker form. Despite increasing her strength, this form takes away Ryüko's conscious control of her actions and makes her almost mindless.
  • Senjin Shippu (Ú««ÞíÇÕêâþû¥Úó¿ Senketsu Blade Gale) An amalgamation of the Senketsu Senjin and Senketsu Shippu forms. With this, Ryüko is able to both fly and protrude blades/claws.
  • Senketsu Kisaragi (Ú««Þíǵø┤Þíú Senketsu Fashion Week): Senketsu's ultimate transformation, achieved through absorbing the remaining Life Fibers around. This form has every other ability of Ryüko's increased to a drastically greater extent.
  • Absorption Ability: Upon defeating a Life Fiber user, Senketsu is able to absorb the remaining fibers in their body.
  • Evolution: Senketsu has the ability to evolve itself right in the middle of combat. Adapting his body in order to counter various, unpredictable circumstances. He has done various things with it such as growing spikes from his body to protect from whips, suddenly gaining the ability to fly in order to combat flight users and learning how to redirect sound based attacks out of nowhere.
  • Enhanced Mobility: Through unknown means, Ryüko has repeatedly shown to be capable of defying gravity during combat. Able to run up platforms at 90 degree angles or run/stand upside down.
  • Power Boost: Possibly another result of Senketsu's evolution, whenever he and Ryuko are on the verge of death, they gain massive boosts to their strength and durability. Ryüko once intentionally cut herself in half in order to take advantage of this ability, allowing her and Senketsu to "reach the peak of their strength."
Rowrow

Summary
Gurren Lagan is a Gunman formed of two other Gunmen, Gurren (originally named Gunzar) and Lagan. Formed by Kamina's spur of the moment decision to jam Lagann into Gurren's head in hopes of defeating Viral's Enki, the result was one of the most iconic Gunmen of all, proving invaluable in humanity's fight against the Beastmen and later the Anti-Spirals.

Powers and Stats
Tier: High 6-A | At least High 6-A

Name:
Gurren Lagann

Origin: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagan

Pilots: Simo, Kamina, Rossiu, and Viral

Classification: Gunmen mecha fusion of Gurren and Lagann

Powers/Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Invulnerability, Flight, Energy Absorption, Energy Projection, Absorption, Teleportation, Regenerationn (Low), Can transform various parts of its body into weapons, most frequently drills, and convert its glasses-shaped chest ornament into a boomerang and set of restraints, Its power grows with the energy from the pilots' emotions and willpower in the form of Spiral Energy, Can tear open wormholes with Spiral Energy to cross large distances quickly, Can assimilate other Gunmen and Mecha to bolster its capabilities

Attack Potency: Multi-Continent level+ (Took this to the face) | At least Multi-Continent level+ (Destroyed much of the Moons surface)

Speed: Massively Hypersonic (Mach 314) | Massively Hypersonic+ (Mach 5660.3+)

Lifting Strength: Class T+ | Class P+

Striking Strength:
Class NJ | At least Class NJ

Durability:
Multi-Continent level+ | At least Multi-Continent level+

Stamina:
Depends on the willpower. Since it's Simon who's the main pilot with either Rossiu, Yoko, or Kamina as co-pilots, it has an abnormal amount of stamina.

Range: Several kilometers | Several hundreds of kilometers

Standard Equipment: Several drills

Intelligence: The intelligence of Simon and Kamina

Weaknesses: Powered by the pilot's willpower, so if both pilots die or lose the will to live, it won't function.

Notable Attacks/Techniques:

• Giga Drill Break: Creates a giant drill that expands to feature length and plows through the target at extreme speeds.
  • Giga Drill Maximum: Gurren Lagann surrounds itself with Giga Drills to do damage to all mechas around it.
  • Double Boomerang: Gurren Lagann removes its wings and sunglasses, then throws them both as boomerangs at the target. The Gurren Lagann may also use these as swords in close combat when its drills are unwieldy and can configure the boomerangs to restrain the target in preparation for the Giga Drill Break.
Key: Pre-Time Skip (Simon) | Post-Time Skip

This was done a while ago but was removed due to stat changes. Now that theyre relatively even, lets have a rematch.

Round 1: Pre-Timeskip Simon vs Kisaragi Ryuko

Round 2: Post Timeskip Simon vs Kisaragi Ryuko

Speed Equalized, in character, no prior knowledge or prep time. Who wins?

Gurren Lagann - 9 (Burning Full Fingers, DaFritzi, Cropfist, NickMatt94, Kaltias, Gargoyle One, Ryukama, The J-ManRequiem, Monarch Laciel)

Ryuko - 3 (DodoNova2, AquaWaifu, FateAlbane)

Inconcusive - 2 (The Living Tribunal1, Xmark12)

Can Ryuko's healing factor be overtaxed with simple attack spamming? How much damage can she take before the healing stops working?

Eh, I don't think there was ever a situation like that. I see no counter for Ryüko's Regenerationn.

Though I go for Gurren Lagann. It can knock Ryüko out or incapacitate her with its restraints. And I've heard that in some cases the '+' sign is enough to vaporize or severely mess up the opponent. What's the difference between 644 petatons and 5.7 exatons?

@Kaltias No it cant, thats exactly what Ragyo did when they fought and it didnt hinder her in any way

And Gurren Lagann is just over 8x stronger that Ryuko, though she does have her Zenkai so that should help a bit

lol her ability to become stronger when she's close to death, its not actually called Zenkai (The ability from DBZ) but that's what people refer to it as. She basically gets stronger every time she regenerates from an otherwise lethal wound.

I think i'll give it to Ryuko with high difficulty because of her Regenerationn and reactive evolution.

Oh, okay. Though it would depend on what kind of damage would happen to Ryüko if she gets hit with an attack that's 8 times stronger than her and if she would be able to sufficiently harm Gurren Lagann which is also 8 times stronger than her. With that kind of advantage, Ryüko wouldn't be able to hurt it at first and would have to rely on her Zenkai which I think is unquantifiable and I don't know if it would be able to give her sufficient power to fight on par with Gurren Lagann in one go. If it can't, Gurren Lagann would be able to easily restrain her or knock her out and judging by the speed rating on its profile, Post Timeskip Gurren Lagann >>>> its Pre Timeskip self so it would actually be stronger to an unknown amount. And it has Statistics Amplification which is similar to Ryüko's ability in the sense that it can grow stronger in the midst of battle. So...

Round 1: If Ryüko doesn't get vaporized in one attack or doesn't get damaged to the point that her Regenerationn can't help, and can evolve to get 8 times stronger in one go, I give it to her. Though Gurren Lagann has Statistics Amplification, her Regenerationn and Zenkai to keep up should give her the win. But if her Regenerationn can't help, and she can't evolve that much in one go, I give it to Gurren Lagann for superior stats and Statistics Amplification which in addition to being 8 times stronger, would allow it to incapacitate or knock her out. And potentially vaporize. Dunno.

Round 2: Given how much superior Post Timeskip Gurren Lagann is to its Pre Timeskip version with the advantage of also being able to boost its stats which should already be considerably superior to Ryüko's, I give this round to Gurren Lagann.

So Gurren Lagann overall. Oh, I just noticed you already counted my vote.

Im almost positive an attack would have to be a lot higher than 8x a person's durability to be able to vaporize them.

Ryuko's Zenkai works to the point where Ragyo had to transform into an more powerful form to potentially harm her, even though her High 6-A form was already much, much stronger than Kisaragi Ryuko, and even that wasnt enough to put Ryuko down

Wlp, gurren lagann is much stronger in terms of AP/dura stats, but if it plays around for long enough, ryuko could get up to and possibly even beyond its level. So if it goes in for a kill, it could win, but ryuko could keep dodging just barely enough to continuously get power boosts to get to gurren lagann's level or beyond.

Hard to say tbh, but considering how gurrenn lagann could also keep on getting stronger, idk how this will definitely end kek

Okay so thats 1 for Ryuko, 1 for inconclusive, Burning are you still going for Lagann?

Gurren Lagann's reactive evolution is much better than Ryuko's, it literally reached High 3-A. Gurren Lagann can evolve infinitely and has no cap (at least until tier 2-C).

So yeah, putting a tier restriction on Gurren Lagann is hard. Even solar system Gurren Laggan can raise it's power output to galaxy level within a minute (not TTLG, a weaker SGGL). Ryuko doesn't even come close to this kind of evolution. As for TTLG...

Kaltias said:
Well, here it has a cap because it's not EoS Gurren Lagan
Gurren Lagann continiously changes it's tier even while fighting, it doesn't need to finish a fight to grow much stronger.

Also SGGL has no actual galaxy busting feats, for the simple fact that "having a galaxy inside its engine" is impossible due to the fact that it's too small (can't believe that i'm saying this about a Gurren Lagann mech)

It's not a real, literal galaxy. It's an energy reserve that grew to galactic size. Gurren Lagann's entire theme is getting crazy strong in a short amount of time.

@Joseph

Let's not forget movie Gurren Lagann holding back and shattering the Anti-Spiral Drill in the movies, even when all its higher forms got decimated in seconds by it.

Or hell, even Lagan pierced through the Anti-Spiral himself.

@Joseph I know, I watched it. Regardless, it can have galactic energy reserves without having galaxy level AP. It would just give it an absurd amount of stamina.

The Everlasting said:
@Joseph
Let's not forget movie Gurren Lagann holding back and shattering the Anti-Spiral Drill in the movies, even when all its higher forms got decimated in seconds by it.

Or hell, even Lagan pierced through the Anti-Spiral himself.
Lagann's reactive evolution is crazy impressive. It literally grows unbelivably stronger with each blow it trades. For people who rely on physical stats Lagann is a nightmare, it literally specializes in beating stronger opponents. .

That's actually more about the pilots than the mech itself. Anyway, we should stop derailing this thread.

Kaltias said:
That's actually more about the pilots than the mech itself. Regardless, we should stop derailing this thread.
Not derailing, Gurren lagann's reactive evolution is better than Ryuko's so she can't win here. Simo is way too much for Ryuko to handle

@Joseph You are trying to argue that Gurren Lagann would win based off of stats that arent on its profile, and for a version of Simon that isnt even being used in this fight, so yes i'd appreciate it if you'd stop derailing

Simon isn't 2-C here. He is at the tier he was right after the time skip. Granted, I don't know which this is, but i'm quite sure that he wasn't multi-continental physically.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Joseph You are trying to argue that Gurren Lagann would win based off of stats that arent on its profile, and for a version of Simon that isnt even being used in this fight, so yes i'd appreciate it if you'd stop derailing
I am just correcting that Ryuko's reactive evolution isn't better than Gurren Lagann's. But whatever

@Joseph TFW the version of Gurren Lagann being used doesnt even have reactive evolution listed as an ability...

WeeklyBattles said:
@Joseph TFW the version of Gurren Lagann being used doesnt even have reactive evolution listed as an ability...
Hmm I think it should, I will talk with Dafritzi to make sure.

Weekly, if you have it around, can you link me the last vs thread for these two? I'd like to read stuff before giving an opinion.

^That one, it was made before a looooooooooot of changes were made to both profiles, along with (going though it again) a lot of faulty reasoning, which is why it was removed

Well, that was a lot shorter and uninformative than I thought. Nevertheless, I'll be monitoring this until I form an opinion.

Back
eventually

Gurren Lagann profiles before space shenanigans are still very incomplete, I see Dai Gurren at 7-A for no reason. I will make a content revision 3-4 days later for everything before SGGL. Lina was supposed to do it but she got busy.

The Everlasting said:
"Lina was supposed to do it but she got busy. "
Minor thing, but Lina's a guy.
I know, it's embarassing that I sometimes forget because it's usually a female's name. I hope he doesn't mind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back