• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Well the Town level Striking Strength feats are also Town level Durability feats. So she should have that listed.

But in that case I vote for Shizuku.

Hm, in that case bos should scale to her striking strength as well i guess, she cut through something that could tank wall level attacks. People summoned from another world were mentioned to have stats several times above normal people, her defense were said to be low in comparison to her other classmates, but it's just a lower level of wall level than them i guess.

Didn't you know we scale Striking Strength to Durability on this site? Except for very special cases where they explicitly don't scale and people damage themselves with their own strikes.

3. William, Fate and I. Newendigo and Crop didn't vote.

I vote Ryuko, people tend to forget that Ryuko's shockwaves are fairly long range AoE that basically expand outward like a bubble. the only way to dodge through conventional methods is to get out of its range. the shockwave could also help with dealing with telekinetic 20 swords, blasting them away like it did with the 1-stars in her fight with Satsuki.

Also dont forget her ranged slashes which can extend for hundreds of meters and are just as powerful as her normal attacks

...While her opponent now has a matching durability on top of her space cutting, soul cutting, mind cutting, source of power/stats cutting and precog....

Shizuku has supreme break with sublimation magic which makes her3- 5x stronger, as for the shockwaves that can be reflected right back at ryuko, or nothing exactly stops shizuku from just cutting right through it with her space cuts. Shizuku can cut the immaterial, cutting shockwaves when she can cut souls, minds, stamina and other stuff is no big deal.

Vs a character ith higher range meaning she cant attack Ryuko if she has to use her precog to allow her to keep out of Ryukos range from her AoE Shockwaves and long range Air slashes.

Yaegashi's precog allows her to move out of Ryuko's range, only now she can't attack at all since her best range is only tens of meters compared to Ryuko's hundreds She has to somehow get past air slashes and shockwaves to get within her own range, and use her broken "cut anything" ability. plus Ryuko has resistance to mind manipulation which is what Yaegashi cuttng the mind is classified as. Also what power? I guess regen, and the transforamtions Senketsu would give like Senjin and Shippu. She still has scissorblade made out of life fibers, so it anything with life fibers like Ryuko herself should be able to reform itself.

Cutting a soul or the mind and cutting a shockwave of comparable or superior power to her are two different things. Like I said my vote is still towards Shizuku. But she couldn't cut a shockwave like that just cause of the other things she cuts. Block, withstand or overpower it due to comparable AP. Maybe.

@Aqua the starting distance is 15m here, if it was a 100m ryuko would have an advantage yes but that's not the case here, shizuku isn't just gonna let ryuko leave her range, and before anyone brings up flight shizuku can do that as well, she can make platforms in the air and use her speed to run on air basically.

Shizuku can cut ryuko's power off, she won't be able to do anything, she did this to kouki who was getting power from Ehitorujue, kouki wouldn't run out of power when he was being supplied it by Ehito, so she cut off his connection to ehito and also cut the mind control he was under.

Theres literally nothing Ryuko can seemingly do to net a win in her favor UNLESS she has range, which cant be done due to speed equalization.

@Celestial Not that I disagree with her winning. But why have you purposely given Shizuku an advantage against Standard Battle Assumptions and keep arguing for her winning? It seems like there's clearly someone you're siding with despite you being the OP.

@Ryu Other than the standard battle assumptions, I believe the OP is allowed to debate on the thread for any character. But they can't vote. At least that's what I've always seen and people around the wikia told me about.

I didn't put much thought to the starting distance thing really, i usually like it to be like 15m or 20m, no particular reason to it, we can do standard distance if people want it.

Thats true Fate, but Celestial has put Ryuko at quite a disadvantage given Yaegashi's starting range and her hax.

I could be wrong but as far as I've been aware OPs are supposed to be neutral all together and at most correct a few mistakes others make. That's just my experience and what I've seen other staff and users say.

It's whatever and my vote stays the same.

I think it would be fair to let the OP debate for any character they want, as long as their vote isn't counted (I mean, I've done that myself a number of times and pretty sure I've seen OPs all around debating in favor of one character or another, just never counting their votes). As long as they don't wank, make use of fallacy or violate any rules/show bias, it should be ok.

I am not being bias here, i thought it would be an ok starting distance for both sides, ryuko doesn't have hundreds of meters in range in this key which is being used here, it says extended melee on her profile, so i assumed that was her limit.

Celestial Pegasus said:
I didn't put much thought to the starting distance thing really, i usually like it to be like 15m or 20m, no particular reason to it, we can do standard distance if people want it.

ehh well standad distance is the highest range of the fighters...so I'd say 100 or so meters, I think Yaegashi has the skills needed to potentially close the gap to attadck Ryuko but this distance is far enough that Ryuko can start the fight with it more fair given her range but less hax to cripple Yaegashu like she can to her.

Btw where is the hundreds of meters range for ryuko from? Only says extended melee on her page, someone should fix that to the correct one.

I recently removed her 9-B key after staff discussion. I forgot to remove her range for that key as well. The "Hundreds of meters with air slashes" should be for her Town level key. I'll fix that.

Starting distance aside, this actually brings the whole point from before, only against Ryuko this time. Would Ryuko abuse her range and keep her distance without any prior knowledge of her opponent or her abilities for that matter?

Also, considering equalized speed and Shizuku's precog, she would most likely be able to dodge ranged attacks thrown at her from a distance.

Keep in mind that this is Ryuko in character as well. She usually goes head on for her enemies instead of fighting from afar.

Ryuko isn't a range abuser like Nonon but she definitely uses range and shockwaves to help with fighting.

FateAlbane said:
Starting distance aside, this actually brings the whole point from before, only against Ryuko this time. Would Ryuko abuse her range and keep her distance without any prior knowledge of her opponent or her abilities for that matter?
Also, considering equalized speed and Shizuku's precog, she would most likely be able to dodge ranged attacks thrown at her from a distance.

Keep in mind that this is Ryuko in character as well. She usually goes head on for her enemies instead of fighting from afar.

So...like what happens when Yaegashi cuts an opponent's mind? Do they become ******** or something?

Dunno, Celestial could clarify on that. Mind attacks probably wouldn't matter much, though, considering Ryuko's resistance is pretty good on that.

@Aqua Amanogawa Kouki was being mind controlled by Nakamura Eri, so shizuku used soul demolition to not only cut off kouki's connection to ehito, but also the mind control that was on him.

Here are some quotes on what soul demolition is:

"'Soul Demolition'――the base of this skill is the ability of soul magic that could interfere with the immaterial of the living thing. This skill will search for the source of power in the target. The target's magic power, stamina, mental, those things that eye couldn't see could even be cut with this. Cutting only what you want to cut…the farthest territory that a swordsman should reach, I cheated and progressed until there."

"――Yeagashi-style Katana Art ― Black Katana Kata Secret Technique "Zenith Severing ― Soul Demolition" Ignoring all the obstruction in the path of the blade, this technique cut only the target that was aimed, regardless whether it was the flesh or the consciousness. Against the current sword art of Shizuku, the option of blocking couldn't be taken. People who couldn't evade would have everything of theirs that were aimed by Shizuku to be cut apart by that one attack without harming anything else."

Hmm so Ryuko can win if she stays in her higher range....assuming Yaegashi doesnt immedaitely oneshot her, Senketsu and her should be able to figure out yaegashi's range and attack from afar.

Back