• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Shizuka has bit of versitalty here plus attack reflection would turn out pretty useful and since she cuts trough space I guess she has durabilty negation as well.

Vote for Shizuka.

Well simply cutting through space won't kill ryuko since she can regen, she will have to cut her soul then.

Yaegashi should take this, since she can cut not only space for dura negation, but also the mind, one's source of power and so on. And this key of Ryuko is no Kisaragi Ryuko so she wouldn't be insta-regenerating slashes Shizuku threw at her (that and she can't regen the soul).

With that being said, it'll probably be who oneshots the other first, since Shizuku's dura does not match her AP.

I just thought about it, shizuku can probably negate ryuko's regen with soul demolition, soul demolition searches for her opponents source of power, which she then cuts it, preventing them from using it.

Pretty much anything that's immaterial in living things she can cut, like her opponents magic power, but lets just say power in this case, can also cut stamina, mind, soul, and considering spirit magic doesn't just allow the user to interfere with the soul, but the immaterial in general, things like energy inside the body of a person such as: heat, electricity, thought, consciousness, and memory, and shizuku is said to be able to cut whatever she wants... Yea ryuko's power gets negated.

Celestial Pegasus said:
Well simply cutting through space won't kill ryuko since she can regen, she will have to cut her soul then.
Sorry, but say that high-mid Regenerationn countering spatial manipulation make no sense.

High-mid regen means she can regen from being blown to pieces simply cutting through space and ignoring her durability won't kill her since she will just regen back, yea her durability will be ignored but she can still regen from the damage she suffers, never heard of spatial manipulation being able to nullify regen, shizuku has other ways to do that so it's not relevant anyway.

Still don't see why regen from spatial manipulation is an issue, spatial manipulation ignores durability, you can just regen from the damage you received from it.

Shizuku is apparently a massive glass canon. If her first attack doesn't put Ryuko down (which seems to be how people are describing this fight) she loses.

Yeah she might have hypothetical ways of winning, but is it really more likely she's going to immediately use said way, before she gets hit a single time?

@Ryukama I would agree with you in a normal case but after seeing another match up with similar situation I doubt anyone cares about it a lot.

@William It doesn't matter if "no one cares about it a lot". It's still a valid point. She's not going to have a dummy to test out all her hax on.

She's going to have a ferocious opponent constantly fighting and hitting her back. An opponent whose willpower alone creates shockwaves strong enough to instakill her. Let alone an actual attack.

The minute one move of Shizuku's doesn't put down Ryuko, she's getting put down by a counter attack.

Also if you're deciding things purely on similar match ups. Many matches have been deemed a stomp, if someone has an overwhelming AP advantage, despite the other having more hax. If it's more likely the former oneshots the latter before they use hax.

Going who oneshots first is a valid point for me. Nonetheless, I remain more inclined to go with Shizuku considering she has more than one good option. Will understand if anyone votes Ryuko, tho.

@Fate Do you really think the very first thing Shizuku is going to do will be one of the few out of her many techniques that she needs to win? And that she's going to pull off this miracle move before she even manages to get punched in the face once?

@Ryukama She is a glass canon but she has precog, when she is in danger she automatically moves from the spot where she would likely have been hit with a fatal attack, precog also tells her how her opponent will move.

@Cropfist It's always been stated that shizuku has low defenses, she has never really tanked anything, other characters have body strengthening to up their durability but she doesn't. That gets sort of nulled anyway due to her attack reflection she uses gravity manipulation to pull attacks towards her and then either shots it back at the person or deflect it.

Now that i think about it she deflected kouki's attack with her sword as in the attack hit her sword and it didn't break or anything, and she can make a barrier of swords with her flying swords around her, her durability is probably town level with those. Btw she can control those 20 swords with her mind and give them commands like to cut through space and what not.

@Ryu She can either A. Bisect Ryuko with spatial manip, which would slow her down then proceed to do whatever (since she isn't Kisaragi, Ryuko wouldn't insta regen from something like this in less than a sec. Maybe in 4 or 5, like when Ragyo ripped her heart), then proceed to try another deadlier technique seeing how Ryuko would regen.

B. Cut her source of power.

C. Soul cut.

Any of these would work and I believe it's a fair enough chance. My position stays the same.

@Celestial Even with precog, I think her constantly attacking, her far greater range and the fact that she can pretty much do anything to insta kill, would eventually allow her to land a single fatal attack.

@Ryukama it does matter if those persons are always the ones to vote in vs matches, but i understand your point i wasn't really trying to take away the validity of the reasoning.

@Fate And she's going to immediately go with one of those 3 techniques as opposed to anything else, miraculously figure out she needs to do one of those 3 things to win despite no prior knowledge, and both pull off and figure out one of those moves before she gets hit once?

Shizuku usually starts with spatial manipulation, kind of like her fav move, anyway bear in mind she has 20 swords that she commands plus one in her hand which she can give commands to, she breaks them up into groups of 4, so 5 groups, she can give each group different commands, one group can go cut through space, others could go for soul cut, another goes to null her power etc

She has precog and this is her EOS form. She doesn't have that gigantic versatility or a swiss army knife of powers either.

I don't see why her EOS incarnation wouldn't open the match with one of her deadlier techniques, really. So yeah, there's a fair enough chance for me that she opens the match with one of those.

@Celestial Has she ever actually used 20 different swords each with all those different techniques and use them against someone at the same time?

@Fate I still don't see anything to suggest she'd immediately start off with a one-shot instantly incapacitating technique. Which if her first move doesn't do so, then she loses. Of course she could win, but I don't see it being more likely she would in this case.

Looking at Shizuku's profile time and again, I fail to see enough attacking options aside from these three techniques that would make them unlikely as an opener. And that's not even counting Yaegashi's precog, which could actually help her avoid a counterattack if her first attack wasn't good enough. Even more so when Celestial there said she's likely to open with something like Spatial Cutting.

My vote stays the same.

Because why would they conveniently start off with the scarce techniques she has to win as opposed to everything else she has? Or at least, how likely would that be?

Also who is to say she is the one who is going to land first? With speed equal and greater range, Ryuko can just as well throw the first move and land hers before Shizuku lands. Or dodge Shizuku's first attack and counter.

And her precog could help avoid, but it doesn't make her untouchable or can't be overwhelmed by numerous attacks of equal speed, greater range and far greater power.

Of course she has ways to win, but I still think it's more likely that she gets hit once then her instantly winning with those ways.

@Ryukama Info about the swords:

"Shizuku's 'Living Swords' were basically organized into five groups with four katana in each group. By chanting the group name and skill name, she could give the same order to one group. Also, every single one of the twenty katana had their own respective name like 'Slash One, Slash Two', Shizuku could also give an order to individual sword using those names. When Shizuku chanted the name of the technique, each of the Living Swords would attack the enemy with their own judgment using sword art based on Yaegashi-style that wasn't inferior to the skill of Shizuku herself.

Exactly as the name of 'Living Swords', all the black katana could have mutual understanding and image sharing with Shizuku using metamorphosis magic, so all the black katana could be controlled as the display of Shizuku's will without any time lag."

The swords are living beings (a result of spirit magic), anyway shizuku can give them commands and they will execute that to their own judgement as they are a living thing, in the fight with kouki and undead puppets she commanded one group to cut through space, another, cut through gravity, another fired invisible wind attacks etc. They all have her same skill and can execute them to their own judgement

@Ryu Like I pointed out, I'm not questioning anyone voting Ryuko. I'll be fine with whatever result we get here, sooo... Could Ryuko avoid her and actually win? Sure. Could Shizuku not open with one of her best techniques and lose? Sure. Could it actually drag out for a while ending up in Ryuko winning? Of course and vice-versa, I'm simply leaning more on Ryuko's oponnent here when all is said and done.

Let's make it like this, then: If the majority votes for Ryuko making her reach six votes before Shizuku, count mine as the last one for Ryuko. Otherwise, I'm staying with Shizuku.

@Fate Okay. I'll respect that. But again, I still simply find her deciding to start off with one of the scarce techniques she has to instantly kill this opponent despite no prior knowledge immediately, using this technique and miraculously landing it before she gets hit a single time by someone with greater range and equal speed who will start off attacking right at her and could kill her without even intending to being a pretty unlikely scenario.

@Ryukama in literally every battle she starts by cutting through space, if it's not the first attack it's the second.

Also i think shizuku should have town level durability with sublimation magic and end of series she was physically keeping up with and fighting against Apostles of God without her sword which gives her her hax and that was before end of series where she trained for the war against ehito. Sublimation magic is a psuedo limit break, in other words makes her 3x stronger than what she was before, so she was already town level before using it. Her wall level rating is from the beginning of the series so she got stronger, then she trained and got stronger than that. Beginning of series she has no body strengthening techniques so she is indeed a glass canon there.

Anyway end of series should be town level overall and at least town level and high hypersonic with sublimation magic.

And if it's not the first attack Ryuko throws that oneshots her, it's the second. She can also hit, attack and fight back.

I kinda find Town level Striking Strength and Street level dura ridiculous. But I went with that since it's what the profile says.

If her dura is actually Town level, then I'll vote for her.

I have to restructure her profile, she indeed has town level durability, wall level will be beginning of series, she won't have any hax except precog, don't know what i will call the other key, actually the separation between sublimation magic and town level is pointless i think, just gonna do beginning of series and end of series, end of series will be town level overall and at least town level with sublimation magic, yea that works.

Back