• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ryüko Matoi vs Mami Tomoe

Kaltias

VS Battles
Retired
Don't know why i'm doing this but it seemed good in my head. Cloth girl takes on ribbon girl.

Speed equalized, Life Fiber Synchronized Ryüko and Puella Magi Mami.

Ryuko21
Mami magical outfit 1
Both are in character but serious about winning. Damaging Mami to the point where she turns into Candeloro counts as a win for Ryüko.

Ryüko:1 (Monarch Laciel)

Mami:1 (SomebodyData)

Inconclusive:2 (Ryukama, ScarletFirefly)

Mami has 8-B durability. So both could one-shot each other.

Mami probably wins due to her ribbon manipulation being capable of creating clones and nulling Ryuko's powers.

How often/quickly does Mami go for a clone create and power disable? Because Ryuko's just going to punch Mami in the face and end it there. Unless Mami hits her with her powers first.

@SD

What do you mean with "nulling Ryuko's powers"? Overpowering the regen?

@Ryu

No, she has gotta use the Decapitation Mode.

I'll see myself out

2 more things.

1. "Speed equalized (everything but attack speed)" I'm not sure what this means. Do you mean only attacks not related to combat speed are unequal? Because Ryuko technically has MHS+ "attacks" to blitz Mami with.

2. I don't really like matches where both people can one shot the other. Unless they have drastically different mindsets/strategies, it's basically a guessing game over what happens. I'm going for inconclusive for now.

1 she could still aimdodge? But if it count as blitz i'll equalize it

2 I mean, they do have completely different mindsets but I see your point

@Ryu

Against witches, mainly just ribbons with power disable

Against other people, she used a combination of both the one time.

Additionally, Mami has a range advantage

Triple A bois

@Kaltias, nah I mean power nullification, similar to how Homura couldn't use her abilities while trapped, or how Charlotte couldn't user her familiars while trapped by the ribbons.

@SD Ryuko's not a witch. That's irrelevant. And does she normally start off with that or use such techniques rather quickly?

@Kaltias Ryuko's slashes and strikes are over 7 times faster than Mami's reactions. They'd hit her rather easily and make for a one shot. It should probably be equal.

So Mami typically immediately disables someone's powers or uses her strongest attack possible as a first move? I kinda doubt that.

@SD

Thing is that only the strongest variation of Tiro Finale has the AoE necessary to kill Ryüko for good.

@Ryu

She did the former but not the latter (she didn't took much time to use it though)

If Mami can and/or will bring everything that she has immediately I think she'd win. If not Ryuko one shots. I'm still inconclusive for now.

The latter she actually did against Homulily's familiars remember? @Kaltias, so essentially she won't use it unless she needs to, which she does.

I don't think she'd be as willing to use it against a random encounter (albeit one she still's somewhat serious about winning) against someone she knows nothing about as she was during the time she was in high desperation against someone she knew she stood no chance against otherwise. At least not immediately be using it as her first move.

@SD

Yeah but she doesn't know that she needs it because she doesn't know about Ryüko's regen, and Ryüko could evolve some spikes to break free from the ribbons, so she doesn't have a lot of time.

@Ryu

They aren't "somewhat serious", they are fighting as they do every time they fight for their life, they are simply not bloodlusted.

@Ryu Yep, pretty much, however, she will use once she knows she has no other way. (Unless Ryuko has some hidden weapons?)

@Kaltias isn't reactive evolution an ability that would be negated?

@SD I don't think so. It's biological in nature while Mami was shown only negating magical powers.

And just to specify, if Mami turns into Candeloro because of the wounds that counts as Ryuko's win here

Hmm that is true, though I do have to remind you, that magic in PMMM is considered as a natural thing, much like biology.

EDIT: Wait why would Candeloro be considered a loss for Mami?...

Because I wanted to use only the Puella Magi form, so if she can turn into Candeloro anyway this makes it kinda useless. It would be like letting Ryüko find some random Life Fibers around

SomebodyData said:
@Ryu Yep, pretty much, however, she will use once she knows she has no other way. (Unless Ryuko has some hidden weapons?)
Ryuko would one shot Mami before she finds that out then.

If Mami's not going to use those things to begin with.

I think you misunderstand, she isn't going to use the aoe attack to begin with, the clone / ribbon trap combo was the first thing she used against Homura.

That's the thing she usually goes for? Disabling someone's powers on the spot?

Well, she tricked Homura into fighting the clone, which when it dies, releases the power disabling ribbons. (Its a tactic she uses for time and to tire out her enemy)

Or she just goes straight for it, like with Homura's Revenge or her encounter with Homura in ep 3

She did it during ep 3 both to Homura and Charlotte/Bebe/Nagisa, she did it during the battle with Homura in Rebellion, and if that counts, she also did it during "Homura's revenge".

Edit: she also did it to Fake Kyoko during the Wraith Arc

@Ryu

If you don't like the idea that both can one-shot each other think about it this way.

It's a Ryüko thread that doesn't follow this scheme, for once.

Er34

@SD I schnee.

@Kaltias Kek. While a Ryuko thread where Regenerationn isn't a real factor is a nice change, a "both can one shot each other" match is almost worse lol

Don't shitpost in srs threads he says.

And then he does shitpost in srs thread. :/

All I did was post a picture of Blue's former avatar. By calling me posting Blue "shitposting", you're kinda calling Blue shit. I should report you for insulting other staff like that.

Also a VS thread isn't serious like a CRT.

I'm the OP and I started with the shitposting so it's alright. But yeah, let's return back to the topic of the thread.

Howewer, SD is allowed to post a meme if he so wishes because we kinda excluded him. Only one though.

Back