• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Hadou

Really bad example.

The Hadou Gods transcend the Hyperdimensional Throne and are responsible for the existence of reality as well as every layer of dimensional space, with the Throne that commands all of dimensional space and transcends it being a mere tool that the Hadou Gods can crush with ease if they ever wanted to.

But there are only 22 mentioned dimensions in the verse. It isn't a bad example. The reason the Throne is notable is because all concepts exist within the Throne, so the Hadou Gods transcend all concepts, including the concept of dimensions. Similarly, even though only 6 dimensions have been mentioned in the Nasuverse, Akasha transcends all concepts, including the concept of dimensions.

Well, okay. I was just saying, transcending the concept of dimensions also warrants a 1-A rating, even if there aren't Infinity tell dimensions in the verse.

Gargoyle One said:
No it is not, for the reasons I gave before.
Which were?

I'm not supporting this, I'm just questioning why you think transcending the concept of dimensions entirely is not 1-A even if there are not infinite dimensions.

Which were the fact that there is zero evidence of infinite dimensions barring a single vague statement.

I said there DO NOT have to be infinite dimensions in the verse for you to be Outerversal. You simply have to transcend the concept of dimensions. The page on Outerverse says that.

"An outerverse can also be in line with the concept of "Beyond Reality" in which its nature is not only different, but also conceptually superior to the concept of dimension as some formless, transcendental realm, that is, even an infinite-dimensional hyperverse would be nonexistent in comparison to them, regardless if the setting of a verse is infinite-dimensional or not. What this means is, if a setting is for example, 14-dimensional, but a world outside of it is described as being conceptually superior to all forms of space-time, the realm qualifies as an outerverse."

HadouCyberspaceWitch does have a point. If an entity was supposed to be a being beyond the concept of dimensional reality altogether, then it wouldn't matter how many dimensions that verse has at all. They'd be a being beyond the restraints of any system in that case.

^ Basically my point. If Akasha transcends all concepts, and even acknowledges transcending all theories on dimensions, and being metaphysical, I don't see why he isn't 1-A. Literally like transcends the concept of dimensions.

At this point, I'd rather see the actual statement if anyone can find it and bring it up so we can stop arguing about this.

The statement that actually states that Akasha transcends everything.

I know it's the Swirl of the Root and the origin of all things, but it'd be nice to have something to cite.

I actually don't think it does.

Heres something from the description of the swirl of the root

" is a metaphysical location within the Nasuverse that acts as the "force" that exists at the top of all theories in every dimension, as well as the source of all events and phenomena in the universe."

What do you make of that bolded bit?

If you transcend the concept of dimensions, you are 1-A. Period. Even transcending an infinite number of dimensions an infinite number of times over or transcending space and time itself isn't necessarily enough for 1-A. But if said characters are stated to transcend the concept of dimensions itself or all concepts in general, they are 1-A. An example: Comparing a verse where 4-D is the maximum dimensions shown to one where there are infinitely infinite dimensions. If the one with 4-D has characters who are directly stated to transcend dimensions entirely, that is grounds for 1-A, whereas transcending infinite dimensions is not. Compare the Crimson King and Downstreamers to 1-A's in the Cthulhu Mythos. I am having a hard time remembering any dimensions higher than 4 being mentioned except in passing, and I'm not sure if infinite dimensions are EVER mentioned. That being said, transcending all dimensional theories sounds more like a solid case for Possibly 1-A than anything.

Akasha is the top of the hierarchy in Nasuverse. And under the description of the swirl of the root sits at the top of all theories in every dimension

I don't really see why we need to find it, though. We can use basically the exact same justification that we have now and add a "possibly 1-A" at the end, because that just makes sense.

BB obviously still beats her though.

We need the quote to judge whether or not an upgrade is necessary based on the original wording.

Unless it explicitly mentions transcendence or something 1-A isn't even in the ballpark.

>Transcendence over everything

>1-A

Literally every Creator God 1-A when?

Seriously, that is not remotely sufficient. You need far, far, FAAAAAAAAAAAAAR more evidence than that alone to warrant 1-A.

Yes, Akasha is beyond everything, but said everything only has up to 6D space.

In all seriousness, I completely agree with Ever and Matt on this.

I can't find it. I was mainly just going by the page Akasha has, his descriptions, justifications, and what the Type Moon and Fate wikis say about him. I've searched a few times, but couldn't find it.

The only other relevant things I've found are that Shiki can kill any concept without exception, but I don't know. I suppose I should ask from the Knowledgeable Members List for the people knowledgeable on the verse to comment here.

Killing any concept without exception is an NLF. We don't use NLFs. We are not those people who think Exalted is the strongest verse in fiction because some characters have a value of infinity in all their stats.

That is the thing, the realm of physics stretches to infinity. Because of that, Everything is a misused term here.

Also:

CosmicsEvidence
"Behold those who transact on Transfinite Levels of Existence which humankind will not even imagine for tens of thousands of years."

Basically stating that Marvel Abstracts exist on levels of reality which are beyond anything human can conceive, or will even imagine for tens of thousands of years.

Obviously that means that all of them, including the Watcher, are Tier -1, right?

Or at least 1-A, right?

Obviously not. Not only is "Being beyond any physical or scientific theories" only High 1-B (See the Downstreamers), but this is obviously an absurd claim that needs to be dismissed as such. The people writing it had not even the faintest clue of the implications it carried, and applying it contradicts everything.

We cannot use vague statements like "Beyond physics" to say someone is 1-A.

Do you have the faintest idea of how many characters are "Outside the laws of physics"?

Hell, there are characters who are not even Planet level who have that. That just means they can warp and distort reality.

In the Akasha's sense, that just means it is beyond anything physics entails in the Nasuverse, which goes up to 6 Dimensions.

Ergo, it is 7D.

There's a reason why we have dimensional tiering and require verses to ellaborate on their cosmologies before giving massive upgrades. If not, people like Morgan Freeman God and Azathoth would be listed on the same level since they transcend and created everything in their verse. Or Dimentio would be as strong as Elder God Demonbane since they can both "destroy all of existence".

Akasha being above all in her verse doesn't immediately make her 1-A. Also "existing at the top of all theories in every dimension" is way to vague to suggest 1-A or transcendence of the concept of dimensions in the slightest.

You said she is beyond everything, that's not correctly pharsed within the actual term.

If we are talking about dimensional space, if we imply a 4 dimensional continuum, there is always another one above it. Because there has to always be a bigger system of reference, than that locality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back