• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rwby vs Elder Scrolls, red riding hood endition. Ruby vs Aela

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because it works on people with better enhanced swnses than ruby. As explained above.

No, she wouldn't. That stops being a thing at stealth 50.

Need I bring up when you argued that blake gets stomped and still voted for her? Seriously dude, there is a reason for your infamy.

No, she doesn't.

Ricsi, calling other people bias because they believe in something different then you is pretty as hell. Guess what, we all have different opinions.

Just because Weekly argues for a RWBY character, doesn't mean he's bias. How about you calm down, you're not making this situation any better.

I swear, people are trying provoke Weekly on purpose. Guess what, you don't agree with him that's fine, no reason for you to start acting like that.

I am not calling him biased for disagreeing, there are plenty prople I disagree with in here. I didn't think bambu was biased in the shrek vs goblin slayer, and I have been biased myself, and it's not even an insult.

But I don't see how he could ignore so much stuff unless bias is involved, because I'd like to think he's inteligent enough to understand what is written.

And I did say that I didn't wantto go any further into it, because this is a sromp since ruby canmot see aela, the chances of her managing to somehow shoot in her are without hitting a tree are abysmall, and the moment aela use fear manip for either of her forms ruby just looses.

You know I was wondering why this thread felt off to me, I just realized I've been wanting to make a lesser Daedra fight Ruby for months but forgot about it. I hope this match doesn't make that match redundant.

I just realized something (I really need to play Elder Scrolls again it's been a while). I've been thinking of the werewolf shout like if someone pulled a knife on you (you would be scared but still raise your arms up to defend yourself and try to run away), but that's how the Nord's shout works, the werewolf shout more makes you feel like your absolutely ****** (like your instantly go to ball up and the corner). Since Aura is no longer passive that allows Aela to kill Ruby easily and the Nord battlecry gives her plenty of time to turn into a werewolf (and the werewolf howls range is yelling distance so it should be able to reach Ruby more times the not). I'm not switching my vote yet because I'm at work and I don't want to get into a debate right now, I just wanted to get out my new opinion when I had time.

Someone should add cold/frost reaistance to Aela if I don't when I get back to my place.

Ruby FRA. If anything she wins this through skill, range, and aura. Aela's fear hax is temporary and wouldn't win her the match, although it's her best bet at winning and keeps this from being decisive.

Aela is an honorable warrior who only uses stealth in hunting or as a follower. She wouldn't act like a milk-drinker and try and stealth attack Ruby.

I mean, she most often is on the mentality of hunting, and she sure as hell doesn't have qualms with being discreet about stuff.

How many hits from werewolf could ruby take? Also, been some time since I played skyrim, can't you spam the fear manip faster than it runs out?

Ok I've finally am able to fine tune my argument and get this guilty feeling off my chest. I think Ruby wins. Aela would almost never going for werewolf form due to her honor and would only use battle cry to get free from something like ice bullets rather than go for the immediate kill. On the other hand I don't think Ruby is to big of a coward or a**hole to snipe someone armed with only a swore shouting "fight me like a man milk drinker". I think Aela's a little more skilled (part of the greatest fighters in Skyrim and considering slaughter a castles worth of soldiers ok for a rookie) and has the ap advantage. But Ruby's range, versatility, arua and superior weaponary ultimately give her the win.

Wait, why would she not go werewolf due to honor?

She found the idea of using it to slaughter men of the silver hand, even before they killed members, as perfectly normal. And she goes hunting nightly.

Because the Silver hand are werewolf hunter a**holes, Ruby is random stranger who most likely go along with Aela's suggestions to have a somewhat honorable fight.

That implies they walk up to each other and talk...

They are hundreds of meters away and want the eny dead, they won't stop to talk about honorable fight and such.

Ok yeah the range probably makes the honorable part go away, but it doesn't take away Aela's honor. (Also even if she turned into a werewolf she probably won't use the fear shout because that would be a cowards way to win a fight)

Care to show me where she showcases this honor please? I genuinly can't remember where she was against slaughtering her enemies whatever it takes, especially while a werewolf.

Her first line in the game to a random stranger was calling him a milk drinker for not attacking a gaint (something that oneshots that average person of Skyrim). It's not really honor more not wanting to be a coward (also the person she warships (Hircine) is mainly known for his Honor so there's that)

And that means she will not use her powers to the best to slaughter her enemies..? Like, she goes out everydays as a werewolf to rip animals and silver hand mooks apart, and then devouring their flesh.

The Silver Hand are werewolf hunters, they are the people she hates the most in the world (even before they attack the companions). Ruby is a random stranger (a dangerous looking stranger when it comes to her weapon, but still a stranger). Also she hates cowards and werewolf howl is the most cowardly thing she could do.

But why would she not use it? The only thing about honor is her thinking others are wusses for nor fighting. There is absolutly no reason to not do something she enjoys to defeat an enemy that she knows she has to kill.

That's subjective, and I disagree with it too. It's far more brutal, but not really cowardly. And she wouldn't exactly accept to die instead of using it either, and ruby has no reliable way to one-shot, especially as a werewolf.

1) part I can now see where your coming from, second part however making someone huddle into a coring pissing themselves on a single command is an extremely cowardly thing to do because they literally aren't able to fight back

Again, I find it far more brutal, since you proceed to claw and devour them. Then again, I did get Molag Bal's mace first thing first.

However, the idea that she'll die instead of using it is just a no.

I mean logical they would use it, but fictional character do stupid stuff all the time for a magnitude of different reasons. Pride is a powerful thing (both in real life and fiction) and it can lead people to doing badass but at the same time dumb things, like not using a shout that makes people feel like they're already lost and are going to die, because you aren't a coward and are 100% sure your going to an eternal hunter grounds when you die.

She never showcased stupid pride like that, ever, and assuming she'll take death is just unfounded.

How much stronger is a werewolf than base anyways? I think it was 4 times without oerks, but not completly sure.

Except when she asked a random stranger to attack something that could instantly kill him, then called him the Skyrim equivalent of a pussy.

Because saying that you should not be afraid is equivalent to you should not use an ability that will save your life becau0se honor, sure.

The same honor that makes her ignore when you steal or kill innocents.

Stealing and killing innocents is most likely gameplay mechanics (also I'm pretty sure she gets pissed at you for doing that). I wouldn't call someone else a pussy for not running into a suicide mission if I was not prepared to run into a suicide mission myself. Also based off the context I have I assume you usually play a evil character (I do a lot too), but that probably leads to a lot of events that Aela won't normally do (like slit someone's troat or instantly cause someone to give up out of panic despite calling someone else that does similar things cowards. (I feel like the is just going back and forth (sorry about that) so I think other people should just decide what they think)

No to both. Each follower eacts diferently, and she is one of the followers that doesn't care for either.

It's not really a suicide mission. Litirally none of them even had a scratch. If you are so weak that you can't even survive something that didn't even really hurt them, she has all rights to call ya a wuss.

Ok what the **** Bethesda. Why would a companion be fine with murder. Ok well apparently Aela was a theif guild member in her past life, and is perfectly fine with being an asshole. I retract my vote to either of the characters Bethesda nonsensical decision making and Roosterteeth's dumb decisions making is to much for me.

I mean, skyrim is just nonsensical to the max in stuff like this.

What tier would serana be? I imagine High 8-C at the least, but not sure.

She somewhat fights Harkon so I think high 6-A but you probably should go to the revision thread to ask so we don't derail this on

Oh good for a second Bethesda almost turned me into a loony Toon's character. Voting back to Ruby for the reason I gave (I didn't really like anyone else's but that's just me)

No it isn't, there are many followers that get really riled up if you do stuff like that (the one gal who's title is lioness for exemple).

Plus, she was in the thieves guild, weirdly enough.

Ah, my bad.

Still, she is far from willing to die, and I highly doubt she will not use the howl if in a bad situation.

It's been a while since i've played skyrim, but don't Aela and the Dragonborn hunt down all of the members of the silver hand during the companions quest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back