• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY vol 8 discussion thread

This is a teaser for an official RWBY project, maybe a mangs since it is aimed at the Japanese audience:

Looks like an AU spinoff here Weiss cosplays as Esdeath.
Imagine if they do an anime and end up with a better series than the original RWBY 😵.

So any future CRT stuff besides Lifting Strength downgrade?
I am inclined with the strongest Huntsmen/Huntresses scaling to Maidens, but also OK if they don't.

In the Volume 8 commentary, it was said that the original plan was that Salem no-sells Yang's Semblance amped punch. How different would the scaling be if they went with that?

So any future CRT stuff besides Lifting Strength downgrade?
I am inclined with the strongest Huntsmen/Huntresses scaling to Maidens, but also OK if they don't.

In the Volume 8 commentary, it was said that the original plan was that Salem no-sells Yang's Semblance amped punch. How different would the scaling be if they went with that?
Eh so far I've been just doing ones to add abilities that I believe characters should have. Don't know about any that involve scaling or stat changes. Also if they went with that Salem probably wouldn't be listed as a glass cannon. Beyond that I'm not too sure.

Question about something, I haven't been following all that much so I don't know if this was talked about already.

So this calc shows that three fireballs from Weiss has around 20.8 Tons of energy here. Assuming that Weiss emptied her canister with all of her dust shots. I counted around nine shots, not eight. That means a single canister of fire dust, if exploded all at once, would have 62.42 Tons of energy.

You can count the fireballs here. She fires six fireballs at the lancers, and uses three fireballs to perform the 20.8 Ton feat.

She only took one canister of fire dust and she doesn't reloads at any point. And we see in this container there is four more dust canisters left, after Weiss takes one. So that entire container of dust, for at least the fire dust, should equal 249.68 Tons or 8-A.

This isn't fire/heat energy (Which doesn't scale physically), the fire dust produce an explosion that shattered rocks (Which was calced at 20.8 Tons). So this scales to durability if someone is hit by this. And guess what, someone was hit by this. Weiss threw multiple containers at the Queen Lancer, which exploded.

Since she never opens the other containers we can't say how much fire dust would be in there, if there is any more fire dust beyond what we see. So 249.68 Tons at the bare minimum seems fine to me. There is also no reason to use the inverse square law, since the center of the detonation happened literally right on the Queen Lancer.

This is a massive low ball. Since we're assuming that Weiss's nine fireballs emptied out her canister, assuming that none of the other containers had any fire dust besides that one, and assuming the other dust didn't add any energy alongside the fire dust.

So is there any issue with this logic?

Question about something, I haven't been following all that much so I don't know if this was talked about already.

So this calc shows that three fireballs from Weiss has around 20.8 Tons of energy here. Assuming that Weiss emptied her canister with all of her dust shots. I counted around nine shots, not eight. That means a single canister of fire dust, if exploded all at once, would have 62.42 Tons of energy.

You can count the fireballs here. She fires six fireballs at the lancers, and uses three fireballs to perform the 20.8 Ton feat.

She only took one canister of fire dust and she doesn't reloads at any point. And we see in this container there is four more dust canisters left, after Weiss takes one. So that entire container of dust, for at least the fire dust, should equal 249.68 Tons or 8-A.

This isn't fire/heat energy (Which doesn't scale physically), the fire dust produce an explosion that shattered rocks (Which was calced at 20.8 Tons). So this scales to durability if someone is hit by this. And guess what, someone was hit by this. Weiss threw multiple containers at the Queen Lancer, which exploded.

Since she never opens the other containers we can't say how much fire dust would be in there, if there is any more fire dust beyond what we see. So 249.68 Tons at the bare minimum seems fine to me. There is also no reason to use the inverse square law, since the center of the detonation happened literally right on the Queen Lancer.

This is a massive low ball. Since we're assuming that Weiss's nine fireballs emptied out her canister, assuming that none of the other containers had any fire dust besides that one, and assuming the other dust didn't add any energy alongside the fire dust.

so what would this mean?

That the Queen Lancer would have 8-A dura for taking that attack, and Weiss' Fully Formed Arma Gigas would be 8-A for killing it.

would other characters scale to this?
Hazel with Fire and Lighting Dust Enhancements, since he defeated Weiss' Queen Lancer summon while she was amped by Jaune's Semblance.

Not sure who else would scale to that. Qrow was able to take a direct hit from Lightning Hazel, though it hand him on the ground for awhile, and Hazel would be slightly weaker without the fire dust. But Qrow's aura didn't break from that hit. Ozpin in Oscar's body was able to take hits from Lightning Hazel, and stagger him.

Not sure how these stack up though, since Aura makes it difficult to tell if you injured somebody. I doubt Lightning Dust Hazel would be massively weaker without Fire Dust, so I'd assume he'd still be 8-A just lower. So at least I think Qrow and Oscar's aura should give 8-A levels of protection.

Edit: Vernal does not scale, as she only one shotted a partial Arma Gigas. And even stated that she wouldn't let Weiss take the easy way out, implying the fully formed Gigas would've been big trouble for her. Weiss even kept trying to summon it even after that, which means she was confident in winning with her summon.

Last edited:
So basically: 249.68 Tons << Queen Lancer < Fully Formed Arma Gigas (iirc it one shot the Queen)

249.68 Tons <<< Amped Queen Lancer (should be stronger than normal cause of Jaune) ~ Lightning + Fire Dust Hazel (was able to kill it)

Lightning + Fire Dust Hazel > Lightning and Fire Dust (individually) Hazel > Qrow (and that's where the scale would continue).

Could it be argued that only having one dust enhancement would be half of the combined might of two dust enhancements?

While I can agree with Lightning Hazel being around half the strength of his fire dust self in the lowest case.

But since they're already scaling above 249.68 Tons, I think putting Lightning Hazel at exactly 249.68 Tons would be better since...

249.68 Tons (Low Ball) <<< Queen Lancer (Tanked) < Arma Gigas Summon < Queen Lancer Summoned Jaune Amp =/< Fire and Lightning Dust Hazel.

Also I'm pretty sure I brought this up last year, even counted the dust containers and said it's like useing TNT sticks (aka like 9 tnts sticks and someone lives those nine TNT sticks head on)

So, that new Nevermore Calc got evaluated. Are we gonna talk about the fact that Volume 3 Ruby managed to knock it backwards pretty decently by herself and that she can One-Shot similar Nevermores in Volume 4? Is this gonna back scale to the one from Volume 1 as well?

So, that new Nevermore Calc got evaluated. Are we gonna talk about the fact that Volume 3 Ruby managed to knock it backwards pretty decently by herself and that she can One-Shot similar Nevermores in Volume 4? Is this gonna back scale to the one from Volume 1 as well?
What one?

Oh snap, RWBY finally being free from building level? Noice.

Now is this consistent?
I think the V1 Nevermore had a similar Calc at one point. We could also just say the characters got stronger in V3 since they have been training harder for the Vytal Festival and it's been awhile since V1 where they struggled with a Nevermore even while working together but now Ruby can just knock this one backwards just by kicking it.

Last edited:
Back