• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Tempest Storm - A RWBY CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
So in Volume 8, when Salem brings Monstra and her massive army for the siege on Atlas, one type of Grimm she has, Tempests which generate electricity, are used to guard the whale by creating a giant storm that prevents aircrafts from getting close as stated here. The storm was finally calculated and evaluated in this blog to be 115.031 Megatons (7-A). Of course, this is merely the total and not the AP of an individual Tempest, which is found by dividing the amount by how many Tempest there are. Now I tried and combed through the entire Volume looking to see how many Tempests there are, but the most that was ever shown on screen is 7, and I doubt that is all there were. But since I could not find a higher amount that will have to do, which makes the AP of a individual Tempest 16.433 Megatons (7-B).

Now with this, the only person who should scale to the individual AP of a Tempest is Salem, as she created the Grimm using her magic. We know she can create new types of Grimm, as we saw in the post credits of Volume 6 her using magic to make her Grimm army, as well as the fact that this isn't something she does overtime but quickly as shown by her continuously creating Grimm during her siege on Atlas. It was even stated by Blake that Grimm are being made faster than the Atlas Military can kill them, and that eventually the city would be overrun. Monstra itself is proof of her creating Grimm, as a giant Grimm that size with fully formed rooms and doors could not have formed naturally and was even stated in the concept art to be made of contamination and brimming magic.

With these facts, I believe Salem should be comparable to a Tempests AP and be 7-B.

this is probably a possibility 7-B. also this upgrades the maidens too
As of right now I am unsure if Oz and the Maidens would scale in this case. As we don't know if Salem got stronger and this is something she could make recently or if she was always this strong, since Oz is comparable to her from thousands of years ago and he got weaker since then. Because of that for this thread I just want to focus on Salem for the scaling at the moment.

The calculation should be fine since it has been approved and Salem creating the Grimm is also valid. I'm a bit concerned about the number 7 being used for the Tempests since SilentLyfe doubts that this is all of them but I wouldn't know much about the context.

The calculation should be fine since it has been approved and Salem creating the Grimm is also valid. I'm a bit concerned about the number 7 being used for the Tempests since SilentLyfe doubts that this is all of them but I wouldn't know much about the context.
I understand your concern. As I said, I tried to find a pic showing as much Tempests on screen but 7 was the highest, which what I’m using. If anyone is able to show a pic or scene of there being more than 7 on screen I will gladly use it.

As of right now I am unsure if Oz and the Maidens would scale in this case. As we don't know if Salem got stronger and this is something she could make recently or if she was always this strong, since Oz is comparable to her from thousands of years ago and he got weaker since then. Because of that for this thread I just want to focus on Salem for the scaling at the moment.
First off, I agree with this CRT.

Secondly, I, personally, am of the opinion that Oz (Pre-Maiden) should scale (or given a Possibly Rating) since, to my knowledge, we don't really know if Salem has trained or used her immortality to gather power; for all we know, she is still at the same strength she was when she first killed Oz and started their feud.

The Maidens are another can of worms due to the relationship between their powers and Oz's.

Edit: Also, woo! 7-B RWBY!

Yeah so giving a possibility to Ozpin and the maidens is good as we have zero clue if Salem even trained after her fight with fake god Ozma

Edit: the maidens would be 7-C, possibly low 7-B

First off, I agree with this CRT.

Secondly, I, personally, am of the opinion that Oz (Pre-Maiden) should scale (or given a Possibly Rating) since, to my knowledge, we don't really know if Salem has trained or used her immortality to gather power; for all we know, she is still at the same strength she was when she first killed Oz and started their feud.

The Maidens are another can of worms due to the relationship between their powers and Oz's.

Edit: Also, woo! 7-B RWBY!
Yeah so giving a possibility to Ozpin and the maidens is good as we have zero clue if Salem even trained after her fight with fake god Ozma

Edit: the maidens would be 7-C, possibly low 7-B

I can understand that. I would be fine with scaling Oz, but the reason I’m hesitant with it is because then if the Maidens were made Low 7-B, they’d suddenly be stronger than The Long Memory explosion, which doesn’t make sense.

So either we don’t scale and it’s just Salem who gets it, or we do and we have an issue regarding Maidens being stronger than centuries stored energy. Then again considering Oscar didn’t use all the energy there could be more since he can control the output as shown when he busted through the bottom of Atlas, but that’s a whole other thing.

I can understand that. I would be fine with scaling Oz, but the reason I’m hesitant with it is because then if the Maidens were made Low 7-B, they’d suddenly be stronger than The Long Memory explosion, which doesn’t make sense.

So either we don’t scale and it’s just Salem who gets it, or we do and we have an issue regarding Maidens being stronger than centuries stored energy. Then again considering Oscar didn’t use all the energy there could be more since he can control the output as shown when he busted through the bottom of Atlas, but that’s a whole other thing.
also didn't he focus the beam of KE, so like can't he just control the size of the blasts energy to not blow up the army outside the whale?

like ki control but here its KE explosion control

Is there anything stating this?
just based on how he fired it in a beam and then it made a blast + the fact he can control how much KE he wants to use

It has the ability to store kinetic energy, which can later be used to release immense magical power.[2] also the fact the ke blast is connected to him using magic, meaning he can control the blast's size with magic like the madiens

The Long Memory also allows its user to use Magic, as seen in "The Enemy of Trust". When Oscar confronts James Ironwood in the Atlas Vault, he shoots him off the edge, depleting him of his Aura. Following this, Ozpin speaks to him, prompting him to grab the cane and hold down on the handle. This causes the gears in the cane to glow gold, allowing Oscar to conjure an energy barrier around himself to survive his fall.

In "Witch", he activates The Long Memory and releases the power stored inside. The result causes a massive explosion, destroying Monstra as well as Salem.

In "Ultimatum", Oscar reveals that he used up most of the energy stored inside; leaving him cautious about how to use what's left. Following this, he began to take on much of Ozpin's mannerisms due to the large burst of magic accelerating the merging process.[3]

but given the fact Ozpin said himself he is getting weaker + the fact a new fall maiden like cinder could kill him probably means it should be fine for the maidens to possibly be low 7-B

Ye, that's true. I'll say that I think what you said (the part outlined in bolded text) might be the best explanation, but this matter belongs to a separate CRT threat. I think.

Okay. So looking through the thread, it seems that everyone is in agreement with 7-B Salem, including 3 staff, so I believe that should be enough to apply the changes. If there are no other objections, I'll do so when I have time.

As for the Oz scaling, as I said in the beginning of the thread, normally I'd be okay with scaling him to Salem, however doing so has the Maidens be Low 7-B which causes an issue with them being stronger than centuries stored energy. So I still believe the best thing for now is to not scale and just have it applied to Salem. However, considering that Oz was comparable to her when they first fought which is where Salem gets her current tier, should we split her keys up, one for Past and one for Present, considering I doubt that she stayed the same that long and most likely got stronger through her experiments with creating stronger Grimm, as well as the fact that Oz did get weaker in that time. It would also I believe solve the issue with Oz scaling since he'd simply scale to her past self, since that was the only time we saw them fight. Or should we just have her be 7-B only?

If split up I'd look like this: 7-B | 7-C possibly High 7-C

Last edited:
I agree with that due to Ozpin said he was getting weaker after he gave away his magic + the fact a new full power fall maiden cinder who isn't used to the maiden powers with zero training could kill Ozpin

But they would only be possibly low 7-B

I agree with that due to Ozpin said he was getting weaker after he gave away his magic + the fact a new full power fall maiden cinder who isn't used to the maiden powers with zero training could kill Ozpin

But they would only be possibly low 7-B
Even if they were possibly Low 7-B, they'd still be stronger than The Long Memory, which doesn't make sense. If it was just Oz I’d be all for it, but the Maidens I can’t justify and scaling one means you have to scale the other.

Also, when you say you agree do you mean with splitting the keys?

then that means oz and madiens would scale
The only way they could scale that makes sense is by splitting the keys and scaling to her 7-C self. Otherwise we run into issues with the whole “Maidens being stronger than centuries stored energy” if we use her 7-B self. And since there seems to be a consensus on having one key the scaling can’t happen.

Anyway, besides that, if there’s nothing else, I’ll make the changes later today.

Can we just ignore the maiden scaling and just scale it to Prime!Ozma with a Likely/Possibly rating attached to it, then? Plenty of other verses ignore more problematic scaling, if it makes people unreasonably strong, after all. We can even leave a little note that explains why the maidens don't scale to Salem's 7-B ratings, even mention the possibility that Oscar was holding back to save power or smth, but end it off by saying how it defies a currently accepted calc and makes scaling messy.

Can we just ignore the maiden scaling and just scale it to Prime!Ozma with a Likely/Possibly rating attached to it, then? Plenty of other verses ignore more problematic scaling, if it makes people unreasonably strong, after all. We can even leave a little note that explains why the maidens don't scale to Salem's 7-B ratings, even mention the possibility that Oscar was holding back to save power or smth, but end it off by saying how it defies a currently accepted calc and makes scaling messy.
I’m not sure how that would work honestly. The fact is that it was stated in the show that Oz split his magic evenly among the Maidens, which is why they all have the same tier for Maiden powers and where his current rating comes from: Maiden x 5. That also means it works in reverse. If he becomes 7-B, the Maidens have to upgrade as well since their AP is his/5.

If there was a way to just scale him then it would be fine, but the two are connected so if one’s AP changes then the other has to as well. Honestly this would be better sorted out in its own thread.

Alright. I applied the changes. If there were any mistakes let me know. Otherwise besides the whole Oz scaling issue which should be its own separate thread, I believe that covers everything and this thread should be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back