• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY vol 8 discussion thread

""First, the world of RWBY: Ice Queendom is NOT an alternate universe or a reboot. While the story is set in the same universe as the main show, we're calling it "canon adjacent". The new show is incredibly faithful to the original, while also taking some fun new liberties to switch things up a bit. The first two episodes of RWBY: IQ will recap V1 – V2 before kicking things off into a bold new adventure, full of new characters, new settings, new surprises, and (of course) new Grimm."

So it's literally going the manga route, retelling the beginning and then branching off in a different direction with new stuff

"While changes made to the existing RWBY content are not technically considered canon, it's a story that absolutely could exist alongside other RWBY content — we just wanted the Japan team to be able to have as much fun with it as they wanted. Now as to what the story of the show is all about….well you'll just have to wait and see!""

Don’t they do this so they have plausible deniability later? If its good it’s canon, if it doesn’t do well, it’s not. I think I even remember one of the writers stating for a previous work, I think the comics, that’s its canon until it’s not.

So apparently the first three episodes of Ice Queendom will premiere on YouTube June 24th, though only on the Japanese side:

Also iceqeendom is out now, should we make profiles for their iceqeendom versions just like how we should make manga versions of them profiles?

It's not like I don't want some possible upgrades, it's just that unless a feat is super vague or the author preferred the newer version over the old one, we usually utilize the original version of the feat. And another reason is that while Ice Queendom has shown us stuff we didn't know about, it has also skipped over certain scenes, and even certain events didn't happen like in the original series or occur very differently, so using the anime version of feats over the og versions is sus.

Last edited:
Isn't "canon adjacent" (still a stupid term) basically that the events could have happened and fit in the main show but they didn't occur? I still think they could have just said canon AU.

Anyways, unless rooster teeth is gonna say that Ice Queendom takes precedence over Volume 1, the og series will be used over it. Now of course if there are new feats that don't utterly break the scaling, then we can probably use them.

Isn't "canon adjacent" (still a stupid term) basically that the events could have happened and fit in the main show but they didn't occur? I still think they could have just said canon AU.

Anyways, unless rooster teeth is gonna say that Ice Queendom takes precedence over Volume 1, the og series will be used over it. Now of course if there are new feats that don't utterly break the scaling, then we can probably use them.
well we can add new powers and resistances at least

Back