• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY vol 8 discussion thread

I said I'd do a long time ago, but lost interests when it was revealed that it wasn't his own power.

Oscar did that by using the energy stored within Long Memory, which means this isn't a feat for Oscar that'd lead to any upgrades. At best it'd scale to his shield, since he was shown using the shield before getting hitting the floor. Assuming Long Memory energy release is always an explosion, and can't be released in other ways.

However they already have a higher 7-C possibly rating via Ozpin's shield. So this would be like priority 4, doesn't do anything but offer support to current ratings.

Also 8 Kilotons is 7-C, not Low 7-C.

Edit: There is also the question of Ozpin/Oscar not producing the barrier with their own magic, but with the energy inside of Long Memory.
That sucks. However for the barrier we see Oscar do it himself when he crashes into Mantle.

That sucks. However for the barrier we see Oscar do it himself when he crashes into Mantle.
I know that, but I'm talking about the possibility that the barrier doesn't have to always use his own energy.

That is pure speculation on my part. I bring this up because Oscar's own magic power, being capable of defending against a blast that had energy stored up for likely hundreds of years seems unlikely to me. But like I said, this is my own speculation so it doesn't matter for anything. As I lack any actual evidence for this.

I know that, but I'm talking about the possibility that the barrier doesn't have to always use his own energy.

That is pure speculation on my part. I bring this up because Oscar's own magic power, being capable of defending against a blast that had energy stored up for likely hundreds of years seems unlikely to me. But like I said, this is my own speculation so it doesn't matter for anything. As I lack any actual evidence for this.
I could probably see that. Anyway if that one can’t be used, are there any noteworthy feats left or do we just wait for Volume 9?

Noteworthy Feats to Calc? Well that list of shit Spinoir made still exists. I still think someone should Calc the KE of the King Taijitu striking Ren since Naruto got a pretty insane calc for a similar feat.
I also just realized Ren blocking that and remaining unmoved is a really good LS Feat too since Naruto also got an LS Feat for doing the same shit.

The only problem with that is that the reason Naruto's calc goes that high is because of the snakes massive size and mass. The King Taijitu is nowhere near as big, so it likely won't be as great. It could still be a good calc, but don't expect anything crazy. Maybe 8-B or 8-A at best.

Ren's LS would only scale to some weight. Since the Snake didn't throw its entire body at Ren, the rest of its body and other head was laying on the ground. I'd have no idea how the calc it, I don't know if the results would be an upgrade or not. However in AP, the Naruto snake is over 1600 meters long, or over 1 mile long.

Assuming the Taijitu is 200 meters long, which it clearly isn't. I'm getting around 4 Tons or High 8-C results.

Ren's LS would only scale to some weight. Since the Snake didn't throw its entire body at Ren, the rest of its body and other head was laying on the ground. I'd have no idea how the calc it, I don't know if the results would be an upgrade or not. However in AP, the Naruto snake is over 1600 meters long, or over 1 mile long.

Assuming the Taijitu is 200 meters long, which it clearly isn't. I'm getting around 4 Tons or High 8-C results.
Weirdly consistent with what they already have.

Someone also calc'd the Cinder melting feat from Volume 8 and produced a higher result than the one we currently used. I asked Rusty since he did the original one if it could be used instead. If yes, then it would bump up Maidens to baseline 7-C.
Wondering if winter maiden penny lifting amity can be used for maidens AP too

It just needs to be calculated again for maiden penny and not how it originally was

The actual KE of Penny lifting Amity was only 8-C, due to how slow she's actually lifting it. The reason we dropped it was because the monitor speed didn't match the actual speed Penny was lifting up Amity when shown in real time.

Unless someone recalcs it and comes up with a weight several times heavier than what I got, lifting Amity won't give any good results for AP.

So something I’ve been wondering about. Every character with Aura has resistance to Extreme Cold because it protects them from said cold, with the justification on their profile being “traverse the kingdom of Atlas, which resides in Remnant's North Pole, without wearing any protective gear”.

Yet with Salem, not only does she not have Aura, but her outfit has her showing her bare shoulders. So you’d think she’d be affected by the cold. But in the final scene where she and Cinder fly away from Atlas, as well as during her fight with Hazel where she was outside Monstra on Atlas she showed no indication of being affected. So would she qualify for having this?

So something I’ve been wondering about. Every character with Aura has resistance to Extreme Cold because it protects them from said cold, with the justification on their profile being “traverse the kingdom of Atlas, which resides in Remnant's North Pole, without wearing any protective gear”.

Yet with Salem, not only does she not have Aura, but her outfit has her showing her bare shoulders. So you’d think she’d be affected by the cold. But in the final scene where she and Cinder fly away from Atlas, as well as during her fight with Hazel where she was outside Monstra on Atlas she showed no indication of being affected. So would she qualify for having this?
She would just have natural cold resistance or due to immortal gg

So was there ever confirmation that Oz made the Vaults for the Relics? We all assumed the pocket dimensions were made by the Relic of Creation but that was holding up Atlas. So the only other explanation would be Oz.

Cause apparently there is a blog here that looks at what would be needed to create the Atlas Vault dimension, since it’s the only one so far with both a sky and a mountain in the distance.

We don't know what truly created them. Best to just wait for the official explanation before trying anything like this.

Also not sure how we treat pocket dimension creation currently, like what is our method.

Considering they only open with the power of the Maidens, Ozpin clearly has something to do with their creation at the least.

So was there ever confirmation that Oz made the Vaults for the Relics? We all assumed the pocket dimensions were made by the Relic of Creation but that was holding up Atlas. So the only other explanation would be Oz.

Cause apparently there is a blog here that looks at what would be needed to create the Atlas Vault dimension, since it’s the only one so far with both a sky and a mountain in the distance.
If Ozpin did make them then we have large mountain level Ozpin 👀

We don't know what truly created them. Best to just wait for the official explanation before trying anything like this.

Also not sure how we treat pocket dimension creation currently, like what is our method.

Considering they only open with the power of the Maidens, Ozpin clearly has something to do with their creation at the least.
I guess. I just don’t know if they’ll ever really confirm it, since the fact that he keyed the Maidens, which are portions of his magic, to the Vaults is probably proof enough for most people that he had a hand in its creation.

So I went and looked through the directors commentaries, and the only things they mentioned about the Vaults are that they are not a place on Remnant, which yeah they're pocket dimensions, and that the door to the Vaults are not supposed to make sense on purpose. So no outright statement saying he made it, and I doubt after talking about the Haven and Atlas Vault they're going to suddenly say later "oh yeah by the way Oz made these".

Again, I think that for the writers, having not only the Maidens, which are portions of his magic, be explicitly keyed to the Vaults, as well as the fact that the only other avenue that could possibly explain its creation is the Staff, which cannot since its being used for Atlas, is probably enough proof in their mind for viewers that Oz was the one who made it. So I doubt we'll probably get an official explanation.

the only other avenue that could possibly explain its creation is the Staff, which cannot since its being used for Atlas, is probably enough proof in their mind for viewers that Oz was the one who made it. So I doubt we'll probably get an official explanation.
well unless you use a loophole like team rwby did with penny

There is literally no reason to say they aren't going to reveal who made it.

Also can you explain how Ozpin made them? Did he do it by snapping his fingers or did it take preparation of any kind? How do we know that there isn't some new character that'll be revealed to explain they made the vaults or something. Also when did Ozpin make them, obviously after he split his powers since the doors need the Maidens.

But his magic has been getting weaker as well, so it'd only really scale to Salam and Ozma.

Or maybe they were created in some other way that hasn't been revealed yet. Clearly they'll give answers to what these vaults are.

There is literally no reason to say they aren't going to reveal who made it.

Also can you explain how Ozpin made them? Did he do it by snapping his fingers or did it take preparation of any kind? How do we know that there isn't some new character that'll be revealed to explain they made the vaults or something. Also when did Ozpin make them, obviously after he split his powers since the doors need the Maidens.

But his magic has been getting weaker as well, so it'd only really scale to Salam and Ozma.

Or maybe they were created in some other way that hasn't been revealed yet. Clearly they'll give answers to what these vaults are.
You're probably right that they'll reveal it. I just felt that they would have said something at the first Vault we saw, like a offhand "oh it looks like this cause Oz designed it that way" or something.

Team RWBY are literally traveling through other dimensions right not, I have a feeling well get answers.

I see no reason on why anyone would even reveal that stuff, when I doubt Ozpin ever told anyone who created them. Heck it's possible the door's are what he made, and they lead to pocket dimensions or other places. He just made the doors and not the dimensions itself.

Can you explain why that isn't possible? There is no possibly rating either.

Team RWBY are literally traveling through other dimensions right not, I have a feeling well get answers.

I see no reason on why anyone would even reveal that stuff, when I doubt Ozpin ever told anyone who created them. Heck it's possible the door's are what he made, and they lead to pocket dimensions or other places. He just made the doors and not the dimensions itself.

Can you explain why that isn't possible? There is no possibly rating either.
No you're right that could be possible, though I think I'd make more sense for him to actually have created it instead of just the doors, since how would he know these random four dimensions are safe enough or even uninhabited to leave the Relics in? But that's just my preference. Lets hope Volume 9 actually does go in depth.

Only the bomb/Cane Nuke would scale to it, but the calc those things have surpasses the Whale's Durability in the first place.

Unless I'm missing something, I don't see why anyone else would scale to it.

Back