• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Vol 6 Thread III

""Can other huntsmen/huntresses have the same semblances?"

Miles: We wrote something that could have been better. But yes, there can be duplicates, but there can be little aesthetic differences, but all based on personality, etc. More semblance talk in V7! Kerry: We're not actually retconning anything, we just did a shitty job"

You know what I noticed? They are wearing more Atlas styles fashion. Not specifically cold style fashion which is what I thought it would be.

So like if we look at the uniforms the Atlas students had the new designs are similar, they also look waaaaaayyyyy more suited for combat than the previous ones (seriously Weiss literally just wore a dress before lmao).

As for first impressions here is how I categorize them per volume:

Ruby Vol 7 = Vol 4-6 >= Vol 1-3

Weiss Vol 1-3 > Vol 4-6 > Vol 7 (literally just getting worse imo as per design).

Blake Vol 4-6 > Vol 1-3 > Vol 7

Yang Vol 4-6 >= Vol 7 > Vol 1-3

Subject to change once we actually see them in the show

More RWBY News as RTX just happened (only posting what I care about):

- New RWBY comic by DC Comics coming out

- New Mobile game but it is a turn based RPG in relation to Knights Marvel called RWBY Knights Chronicle

- RWBY guide book coming out.....Naruto Data book problems here we come!

- BIGGEST ******* NEWS: TWO NEW WRITERS HAVE BEEN ADDED STARTING VOLUME 7! Miles and Kerry are no longer the only ones writing RWBY! Take that as you wish.

1. Kiersi Burkhart- YA novel writer whose work includes: Castile of Lies

2. Eddy Rivas- a Rooster Teeth regular who is behind Nomad of Nowhere and is a writer for Camp Camp.

- No new character short or trailer plus the last chapter of the Volume is currently being written.....which is a major improvement since they were still writing chapters for Volume 5 WHILE IT WAS ******* AIRING. Sorry that just annoyed me a bit. Also reason for no short is due them wanting to focus 100% on the main show.

- Confirmation on Semblances being better explained and getting more of a focus.

Schnee One said:
Why did you say they were no longer writing it?

Who are the other two?
"Miles and Kerry are no longer the only ones writing RWBY!"

You may have misread what I said. I also explained who the other two were above.

I see, whoops.

Anyway, haven't read Castile of Lies, so IDK how good Kiersi is. But Miles and Kerry alone really weren't cutting it previous volumes, especially given Miles stated he wasn't good at memory related things which was the cause of so many inconsistencies

Nico-v11 said:
Writer: Marguerite Bennett

Illustrators: Mirka Andolfo and Arif Prianto
So, Marguerite Bennett is apparently credited with writing stuff like New 52 Earth 2 and it's follow up Worlds End.

Earth 2 is one of my favourite things ever put out by DC and is one of their better written stories imo. But while I like Earth 2, it was objectively better in the beginning and some ppl would argue that it's end and it's follow up "Worlds End" were bad. Unfortunately she's only credited for the ending of Earth 2 and Worlds end so this might be hit or miss depending on ur tastes.

She also has some credits in A-force (have read this, it was alright from what I remember), Batgirl, Batwoman, DC Bombshells, Death of Wolverine (the extent of her involvement in this isn't clear) and some others

I like it. It shouldn't be too difficult to make a one off or short story with RWBY characters since it's all so established and a big world with many posible adventures so in all honesty it's probably gonna be pretty good.

It's also interesting that they confirmed that one of Oz's children in his previous life had silver eyes.

Also Dee and Dudley are confirmed fodder huntsmen so V6 main cast outperforming them no longer seems that crazy.

Also according to this Neo's semblance was evolving during the fight with Cinder. Not sure what that means since her semblance didn't seem that different and somebody said they already confirmed it was the real Neo fighting Cinder rather than a clone. Although they didn't give a source so maybe that was a lie.

Back