• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Vol 6 Thread III

"Superheating objects" and "manipulating their shape" both makes her semblance make a lot more sense in the context of earlier volumes, while also making it confusing as heck when you try to pin down to what extent she can manipulate an object's shape.

Nico-v11 said:
More RWBY News as RTX just happened (only posting what I care about):

- New RWBY comic by DC Comics coming out

- New Mobile game but it is a turn based RPG in relation to Knights Marvel called RWBY Knights Chronicle

- RWBY guide book coming out.....Naruto Data book problems here we come!

- BIGGEST ******* NEWS: TWO NEW WRITERS HAVE BEEN ADDED STARTING VOLUME 7! Miles and Kerry are no longer the only ones writing RWBY! Take that as you wish.

1. Kiersi Burkhart- YA novel writer whose work includes: Castile of Lies

2. Eddy Rivas- a Rooster Teeth regular who is behind Nomad of Nowhere and is a writer for Camp Camp.

- No new character short or trailer plus the last chapter of the Volume is currently being written.....which is a major improvement since they were still writing chapters for Volume 5 WHILE IT WAS ******* AIRING. Sorry that just annoyed me a bit. Also reason for no short is due them wanting to focus 100% on the main show.

- Confirmation on Semblances being better explained and getting more of a focus.
I had mentioned the guidebook back when RTX happened lol

A couple of staff Q&A about Cinder's semblance, one with Miles and the other with Arryn & Barbara, state that Cinder's semblance is control over dust particles (not Dust, more like sand and dirt). In the Miles answer, he also said that Cinder incinerated Pyrrha with her 'new powers'. It was speculated by Ruby and Ironwood that superheating objects into glass isn't Cinder's semblance and that she is using dust (this can be replicated with maiden powers).

Ruby: I... I don't know. She was wearing a mask, and she never said anything to me. But I know she fought with glass. I don't think that was her Semblance, though. Her clothing lit up whenever she attacked.

Glynda: Save for the glass, that sounds like the woman I fought the night we met Ruby.

Ironwood: Embedding Dust into clothing is an age-old technique. It could have been anyone.

This sounds like a retcon; if what the guidebook says is true, then V2 Cinder weaving dust into her clothes, and her dust-woven clothes glowing like fire dust when she creates glass weapons was pointless. At best, we can say that Cinder's sembalance 'evolved'.
Also, does this confirm that elemental semblances that don't use Dust are a thing?

Dargoo Faust said:
"Superheating objects" and "manipulating their shape" both makes her semblance make a lot more sense in the context of earlier volumes, while also making it confusing as heck when you try to pin down to what extent she can manipulate an object's shape.
Well now it makes sense whenever she is creating weapons. Dust or particles come together when she makes them.

Back