• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY: Removal of enhanced senses.

There was a focus on Ren's eyes then the hissing sound, does that not imply he noticed before the hissing?

Times when aura forcefields didn't stop damage.

- Weiss being bloody and still being able to fight a lot (questionable) White Trailer

- Yang's tendency to lose her hair - Yellow Trailer

- Junior actually suffering from dizziness upon taking damage from a punch, and getting knocked out briefly by a bottle, and then literally taking an entire beating from a furious Yang afterwards - Black Trailer. Also additionally his nuts being grabbed and causing pain for him.

- Yang losing hair to Ursas - Actually about any instance where she loses her hair to it being grabbed or something by an enemy.

- Notably groin attacks deal more damage to people. Apparently enough to knock out Scarlet. So it really begins to seem like a force field that lowers damage instead of protecting against all types of damage.

Above are Vol 1

Then you get Qrow getting poisoned when he still had a good chunk of aura unless aura can be pierced, Ren and Nora being electrocuted in Volume 3's tourney fights , and the notable tendency of bladed attacks being fatal to most aura shield users.

Just to point out, not gonna argue it here. We're talking Enhanced Senses anyway. Though I feel like even Aura itself needs to be revised.

Also, I kinda think that Enhanced Senses is a thing for RWBY, though I think it should be limited to those who actually displayed such feats. Also Ren detected the second half of the snake while stabbing the other snake, which didn't seem to make such noise.

> Then you get Qrow getting poisoned when he still had a good chunk of aura unless aura can be pierced

Qrow's Aura was explicitly gone or very weakened since it flashed during his fight with Tyrian.

@Core

Yellow and White Trailers were made before the concept of Aura was introduced. The groin attack was partly for comedy and partly because both characters have Aura.

Also, both Qrow's and Tyrian's Auras were depleted when Qrow got slashed and poisoned.

I have a counter for each one of your points but I won't write it down here because that would be derailing.

Enhanced Senses should only belong to those that have been shown to use it. Just because Aura can be used to enhance your senses doesn't mean everyone knows how to do it.

Ren noticing the Snake and him noticing Tyrian before the man even entered the town is proof enough.

Edit: Ninja'd by Rep :p

Huh, wasn't as noticeable as I thought. Well that's fair then.

Well even with that in mind, crotch shot was still effective, the Yang losing hair aspect is still there, and other points remain. There's also the issue of electricity bypassing aura.

You're assuming that Junior had his aura unlocked, but he's not huntsman so he may not have. You either need training or have someone unlock it for you, Junior is Ann information broker I doubt he had unlocked it. As for any inconsistencies that's probably due to them not having it on 100% of the time.....yeah apparently I'm the only one who realized Aura is not passively on but instead manually turned on.

@Core Even if you have Aura up you can still feel pain, getting hit in the crotch is stll going to hurt. And electricity doesnt bypass Aura

Nico, you're not the only one who noticed it... People have discussed it before. Though I assumed Junior was able to use it since aura was stated to be usable by everyone. And I also found it doubtful that Junior even stayed conscious at that point without the use of aura unless we're undermining Yang's power.

True, but at the same time the damage dealt shouldn't have been so.. well damaging to Scarlet. Scarlet had half his entire aura wiped out from that attack. Heck the headshot of the same level of power barely fazed him. Also can you really squeeze someone's balls to hurt them when they're covered by an impenetrable aura armor? Well if Junior's aura exists at least.

Electricity did though. Otherwise it's unlikely that Ren was stuttering (is that what people do when electrocuted?) before falling back as if he was electrocuted. Still trying to find where else electricity was used in the fights though.

Heck even the girls that Team SSSN were fighting were electrocuted so aura did get through.

It's been stated that different people have different amounts of Aura, Pyrrha states that Jaune had "a lot of it", perhaps Scarlet got half his aura taken out by that attack because he had a lower amount than most.

The electrocution could have been Ren being careless with his aura and not having it on at the time but that would very very odd. PIS perhaps?

He was taking hits previously just fine so that's not true. You are right on varying auras for people. But in comparison, two attacks hit him. One was to the head which he just grunted and wasn't even stunned by. Second one was the crotch, and it was a full on knockout for him. They were both the same attacks too.

That's.... unlikely and it feels way too accurate. It has to advance the plot in some way and I don't think Ren would ever put down his aura either since it seems to be more like a toggle for most. Perhaps it's the idea that maybe aura doesn't do so well against people being electrocuted and has limitations such as gaseous or molecular attacks? PIS is typically for something like Cinder not deciding to knock out everyone in Team RWBY + Oscar and Qrow before going for the Maiden power.

When considering RWBY lore there shouldn't be a reason why electricity could bypass aura, it just doesn't make sense. Honestly the writers may just be overlooking how electricity could affect someone with a forcefield around them.

Scarlet getting it in the crotch was definitely played off for laughs but we also don't know how powerful the attack was. For all we know she could have been on the higher end of MCB and he could have low aura amounts. There's just no real way to quantify it (would like to point out that RWBY's consistency kinda sucks......)

Can't electricity travel like a current? Just goes through like that? Or maybe aura just lowers damage instead of negates it completely.

The same attack barely fazed him at the head, yet dealt a lot of damage to his groin. They're both the same attacks. MCB is possible, Building is possible, but point is he shrugged off the same level of attack to the head, even growling, but took it pretty hard on the crotch.

Yes, sadly. It's why their quality is put to question. But Vol 3 was a transition period. Though... At the same time I feel like it would also not be consistent if we think the possibility of Aura not blocking every type of attack out there. Also trying to find other battles where sharp meets aura barriers.

Video - https://youtu.be/y4F4jqvrdPg?t=246 4:09 is where he got hit. He's taken more hits than that half so he wasn't two shotted either.

Off topic, but why does Ruby have elemental intangibility again? I'm pretty sure the roses always just been an artistic effect.

@Blue Qrow literally states that she disperses into rose petals, plus the fasct that she plit up into three sepetare parts before reforming kinda defeats it being just an artistic effect

Not intangibility but splits apart. She's used it in combat before.

Though she can be intercepted before she mastered it like what Mercury did back then. But that was then.

@CoB Electricity doesnt bypass Aura,thats like sayinf fire bypasses aura because the person hit by the fire feels the heat of the attack.

If you kick a guy in the crotch of course its going to hurt. Aura doesnt nullify pain.

So why the heck didn't Ren just reel back from it when he was toe to toe with the opponent? See unlike fire, yeah, you only feel the heat. But on the other hand, electricity has to actually receive the electricity to the body for your nerves to even be affected enough so that you'd fall, just like what Ren did. If it didn't get through, he wouldn't "feel" the need to fall down either and mimic being electrocuted. So if aura really blocked it, why didn't it block being electrocuted? Actually, why was Neptune and Sun having much trouble with Team NDGO in that case when a light tap of electricity knocked them out? Does that mean his aura is that supreme? That itself is a contradiction.

A fiery coconut (MCB) to the face made Scarlet go "Ow" and then growl back ready to go all out, barely denting his aura

One to the groin pretty much KOed him and he didn't get up after that so it wasn't just pain. His actual aura level was measured.

Actually if you feel pain that means it has been felt by your actual body.

Meaning the attack went through.

Aura just blunts attacks.

It prevents cutting attacks, stabbing attacks, and most burns.

It doesn't stop pain, but it does prevent serious injury.

It'd be best to treat it like a bulletproof vest.

Aura doesn't really negate damage. If you hit someone with a hammer over the head, but said person has a helmet on, the person isn't going to not feel anything, definitely less though. That's what aura is like.

Electricity, pretty sure the writers just don't know enough about electricity to treat it realistically or how it should be.

People have been wanking it in a few versus threads as far as I remember

Its no more a "forcefield" than your average ki is to dragonball.

LordAizenSama said:
People have been wanking it in a few versus threads as far as I remember

Its no more a "forcefield" than your average ki is to dragonball.
It is a force field but it doesn't make you invincible, it's a lot like wearing armor really.

People have been doing so a lot and it would also be good to set to further clarify anything. That's why I always bring it up on being breachable on the first place. Thank you LAS.

I mean... Can we really say that this forcefield can block molecular haxx like Chisaki's? And people like Jaune can end up dizzy after being hit by an attack without being close to tired.

Chisaki's Quirk explicitly relies on touching physical matter to activate.

If his hand is repelled by Aura, then it won't activate.

You can still touch Aura user's, you can grab them, hold them etc. It blocks physical contact to an extent like blocking swords, bullets etc ( Note, they still do get hurt from time to time despite their Aura. They get cut often but Aura regenerates the damage.) Aura doesn't fully negate damage.

Tyrian and Qrow both had their aura up yet Qrow was able to hit him in the face. Can characters touch each other with their aura up?

Im going to make the analogy that applies perfectly here:

First, touch a wall. Then, put a piece of paper on the wall and touch the wall. Youre not touching the wall, youre touching the paper that's on the wall. Aura operates the same way.

Though there have been cases of people pulling Yang's hair before... but alright. As long as it's clear and to be treated as something to dampen damage instead of an almighty shield.

Damage3245 said:
Tyrian and Qrow both had their aura up yet Qrow was able to hit him in the face. Can characters touch each other with their aura up?
No, they can damage each other but theyre not atually touching, refer to my paper on the wall analogy

Back