• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY: Removal of enhanced senses.

Thebluedash

VS Battles
Joke Battles
Retired
It has come to my attention that our use of enhanced senses from aura for the RWBY profiles are highly questionable. Note that not even the RWBY Wikia lists enhanced senses as one of the abilities from Aura. In fact, it has never been stated ever in the show or other official sources in RWBY. We put this in the profile as an assumption and I think it's time to remove it.

That wasnt sarcasm? Seriously? Its been demonstrated several times throughout the entire series that they get enhanced senses from Aura

Using the RWBY wikia as evidence really isnt solid proof

Pyrrha literally states that it gives the user a sense of being watched when you dont know someone is there

WeeklyBattles said:
That wasnt sarcasm? Seriously? Its been demonstrated several times throughout the entire series that they get enhanced senses from Aura

Pyrrha literally states that it gives the user a sense of being watched when you dont know someone is there

Pyrrha said that to describe the barrier aspect of Aura.

"With practice our aura can be our shield"

When she was talking about being watched, she was using that to go into the subject of how Aura can shield you from dangers behind your back as it can protect from actual damage, as shown by Ren. Ren's whole thing wasn't to show enhanced senses, it was to show the barrier ability of Aura, the only reason he even detected the Grimm was because of its hissing.

I'm gonna have to agree with Blue here as much as it kills me since this was an ability I enjoyed in RWBY threads.

Meters away is not that far. I would be more surprised if they didn't hear the footsteps, especially since he was literally sprinting.

All the examples you provided have some sort of noise that can be used to explain why they noticed, other than that there's no other example for this.

I'd call sensing that you're being watched without seeing or hearing anyone there to be more like clairvoyance than superhuman sight/hearing. Plus there's the further context Blue gave.

I agree with Blue so far. But perhaps there are other overlooked feats.

Blake, and Faunus in general, are kinda blatantly stated to have better senses than humans due to being part animal

Are we sure RWBY characters can't just feel each others' aura or presence? That's a different thing than superhuman sight/hearing.

Yeah Faunus has enhanced senses from their animalistic nature, what I'm talking about is how aura doesn't give enhanced senses, in any way.

Thebluedash said:
WeeklyBattles said:

Pyrrha said that to describe the barrier aspect of Aura.

"With practice our aura can be our shield"

When she was talking about being watched, she was using that to go into the subject of how Aura can shield you from dangers behind your back as it can protect from actual damage, as shown by Ren. Ren's whole thing wasn't to show enhanced senses, it was to show the barrier ability of Aura, the only reason he even detected the Grimm was because of its hissing.

WeeklyBattles said:
Taijitus dont have rattles though..
Oops, not rattle, I meant hisses. You can hear it in the video, if you go back to it.

Off topic but speaking of Taijitus there may be a feat from the manga that would give a decent boost to the 8-As regarding Taijitus if you wanna discus it after

So basically anyone who got the Extrasensory Perception addition from a while back would just be changed to Enhanced senses and the rest would just be removed or...?

Enhanced senses makes sense for the faunus characters. Not sure about any of the other ones.

Khristis said:
Considering that Grimm Dragon is only Small Town level, and had all of the Military + professional huntsmen/huntresses scared, why are City level top tiers in RWBY a thing?

Because the Maidens have a City level feat

I am in the middle.

Blue makes sense because enchanced senses is a catch all term for anything... Honestly, it is a bad power imo unless you are a faunus.

I mean, even then... is it really that good? Aura is mostly extra sensory perception and 'defending' the body, not so much enchanced senses. Maybe even limited clairvoyance.

But Pyrrha, god forbid one of the smartest in verse describes aura with complete and concise words and thus the powers listed currently are from her descriptions. Is she wrong? Doubt it.

Just let me know what is agreed on and if any changes need to take place, I will help with the edits.

While we are at it blue. Could you please explain the mechanics behind aura? Because some people think it is a forcefield ontop of their durability. Im curious to see ur thoughts.

WeeklyBattles said:
It is a forcefield, both the explanations from Pyrrha and the World of Remnant about Aura state that its a forcefield
Can I have a source on the second one, and to paraphase for the first one.

Jaune said, it was like a forcefield, and pyrrha said 'you could describe it that way', I believe that is more up for interpretation (but I agree, it acts like Haki from OP if you ask me)

The fact that Ren is capable of sending others/things is enough proof that it is due to aura. I mean the show drew a parallel between Ren and Pyrrha's speech and Ren has shown that ability.

How else would have Ren shown that ability? Within the logic of the show there is no other way that he could have done so, it's definitely not his Semblance. It seems that this could be based on skill since only Ren has truly shown to be able to do it the way he does, but it is something they should all be able to do at different degrees.

Aura is a force field, just look at every single fight in all of RWBY. None of the characters get cut or scratched because aura protects their body/clothes from damage.

Only until their Aura fails does clothing get destroyed like with Weiss's dress. When Jaune is giving his Aura to Weiss we see Weiss's Aura as a force field covering her body.

WOR Aura (Salem) literally calls it a forcefield and Pyrrha says Jaune is right when he calls it that.

"Aura is primarily used as a defensive mechanism, passively coating the wielder in a protective fore field."

Everything you said is right. It's just that it was also stated that Aura enhances senses by what Pyrrha said. Also Ren noticed the Grimm BEFORE it started hissing.

Nico-v11 said:
Everything you said is right. It's just that it was also stated that Aura enhances senses by what Pyrrha said. Also Ren noticed the Grimm BEFORE it started hissing.
Yes Ren did notice the Grimm before the hissing started. However I'm getting sick of people trying to say RWBY's Aura isn't a force field when it's literally stated and shown so many times to be one.

Sorry for derailing since that isn't the topic.

I'm neutral on this topic but I'll keep listening to this.

Back