• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY General Revision Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do we assume aura has 4x durability of the characters when 4x is not enough to one shot?
Especially when the attack that has the 4 times multiplier is a wind attack that can’t directly hit people. So it has even less reason to fully scale to whoever it hits.

Last edited:
Also want to point this out here. If we actually do accept Aura just being a 4X multiplier for defense, then everyone’s Aura being City level despite being physically town level makes no sense given the massive gap between 15 kilotons and 10 megatons
That's what around 800x or so?

I feel like the City level aura shouldn't really scale especially considering it's a massive jump in terms of power compared to everything else. The 4x multiplier is already being called into question considering its coming from a non-AP based attack. This is a literal 666x multiplier and it killed Vine while trying to stop it.

Nah in the show we actually see jaune has his aura more aura then Yang and Ren when they checked how much they had in the cold, they keep saying he has more aura then most people so it aura levels do indeed variey from person to person

Jaune even said he had more aura then normal after unlocking his semblance "phyrra always did say I had more aura then most"

Last edited:
Also want to point this out here. If we actually do accept Aura just being a 4X multiplier for defense, then everyone’s Aura being City level despite being physically town level makes no sense given the massive gap between 15 kilotons and 10 megatons
Indeed, i find hard to believe that the characters's Auras can be High 7-C to 7-B while they are dozens if not hundreds of times physically weaker, despire the fact that characters are capable to damage and even shatter each other Aura.

Either we put them at High 7-C to 7-B in both Attack Potency, Striking Strength and Durability or we delete High 7-C to 7-B completely.

Last edited:
Regarding the changes I noticed. Isn’t this High 8-C+ Calc scales to Volume 4-5 Weiss and anybody who scales to her

And we have characters like Jaune Arc who is 8-C+ in his first key. I was wondering if he was backscaling to 8-C+ from Ruby

I’m going to try to keep track of the conclusions this thread came to

1. 8-A multiplier: Soundly rejected and removed, placing the Post-Haven at High 8-C+ instead.
  2. Lifting Strength: All participating staff (Sir Ovens, Abstractions, and Theglassman) deemed the Nevermore feat unusable. However Cringe Superman from the JL crossover has a Class K feat (and Vol 2-3 Ruby held him back), and Ren’s feat of holding back a King Taijitu was calculated at Class Kbut this is pending evaluation.
  3. Aura durability: The 4x multiplier and Vine’s 7-B feat were deemed unreliable and will be replaced by “higher with Aura”.

Last edited:
Yeah that seems about it. If lifting strength needs to be discussed some more we could but other than that we're just waiting on the "higher with aura" revision to be applied if someone wants to do that

I've edited all the profiles to fit the changes and a couple that were missed. For Flynt and Yang I pretty much just replaced all the 4x stuff and just put "higher" or completely took out anything that was related to the 4x multiplier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back