• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY General Revision Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well then 7-C Raven should work.

Now that I think about it, should Salem's dura be lower than her AP or something given that Yang was able to essentially tear her chest open or would that be an outlier

I mean at some points she took hits like Yang's initial punches, Hazel's sucker punch and even the giant Dust bomb without damage. It was only the explosions and Hazel bashing her head in with fire infused punches that did something.

Cinder and Elm both restrained Penny and Harriet would scale as she ripped out one of Penny's swords which scales to Penny's lifting strength and by that scaling, Raven and Winter would scale from Cinder. oz and salem would upscale from them, qrow would scal to Harriet, tyrian and clover would scale to qrow, clover should also scale to harriet and hazel should scale as he held back Salem and ironwood should as well basied on the above proof

And that's basically who is exactly Class G while the others are probably

So if I'm reading that right, the Class G guys are:
  • Penny
  • Elm
  • Cinder
  • Raven
  • Winter
  • Harriet
  • Ozpin
  • Salem
  • Qrow
  • Tyrian
  • Clover
  • Hazel
  • Ironwood
That seems fine. After the Class G ratings are applied, what else needs to be done or discussed?

Okay so King's recently changed Salem's durability to "At least Town level, likely higher, at most Small City level" which makes sense, but I feel like it should be at most City level considering her Striking strength is also City Class

BTW, Are we still using that multiplier on the maidens for Ozpin? If so why are we doing that considering volume 6 sorta retconned that story?

Yeah I don't get you think the maidens were oz and Salem's kids from because they died in oz and Salem's fight and the maidens were all at least teens by the time oz gave them magic

I remember a while ago before Volume 6 was a thing that we upscaled Ozpin to being 4-5 times stronger cause of the lore of him giving his powers to 4 different girls. If that’s still a thing on his page that shouldn’t be a thing anymore given what’s revealed in Volume 6

I’m pretty sure it’s heavily implied they’re the maidens given they have magic and there’s 4 of them. On top of the whole “power transfer when they die” is a thing for them.

No the story of the maidens hasn't been retcon as the story can still exist even though oz and Salem had kids with magic who died in their fight

I didn't want to take part of anything RWBY related on this wiki anymore, but it seems like I'm dumb and can't learn to let something go.

Ozpin and Salem's daughters have not been stated to be the OG Maidens, the WOR has not been retconned to my knowledge. The daughters just have magic and that's it, nothing has been stated that they are the OG Maidens. Ozpin's power has weakened drastically, the only explanation we have is that he split his powers into the OG Maidens.

If Ozpin's daughters were the Maidens, Jinn would've revealed it since she was asked by Ruby to tell them what was Ozpin hiding from them. And Ozpin hiding the truth about the Maidens would've been something she'd reveal. Since the whole Maiden thing would've been one of the biggest lies of Ozpin.

The daughters are not stated to be able to reincarnate or pass on their powers when they die, I have no idea how you reached that conclusion.

We do not change or add things to profiles based on theories. We are told that Ozpin split his power into four women in the past and that's why his powers have weakened dramatically.. We have not been told the Maidens are his children.

Unless future information contradicts this, the daughters of Ozpin and Salem are not the OG Maidens.

Last edited:
Now should this be added to everyone's profile's that have aura
"resistance to transmission via aura (aura alows the person to not be turned to gold by Xenthe's semblance as she must wait for their aura to go down to use her semblance)"

I didn't want to take part of anything RWBY related on this wiki anymore, but it seems like I'm dumb and can't learn to let something go.
Ozpin and Salem's daughters have not been stated to be the OG Maidens, the WOR has not been retconned to my knowledge. The daughters just have magic and that's it, nothing has been stated that they are the OG Maidens. Ozpin's power has weakened drastically, the only explanation we have is that he split his powers into the OG Maidens.

If Ozpin's daughters were the Maidens, Jinn would've revealed it since she was asked by Ruby to tell them what was Ozpin hiding from them. And Ozpin hiding the truth about the Maidens would've been something she'd reveal. Since the whole Maiden thing would've been one of the biggest lies of Ozpin.

The daughters are not stated to be able to reincarnate or pass on their powers when they die, I have no idea how you reached that conclusion.

We do not change or add things to profiles based on theories. We are told that Ozpin split his power into four women in the past and that's why his powers have weakened dramatically.. We have not been told the Maidens are his children.

Unless future information contradicts this, the daughters of Ozpin and Salem are not the OG Maidens.
Weekly ain’t here so half the headache is gone.

The 8-A stuff? I pointed out in the OP why 8-A doesn't work anymore.

Edit: Nvm, didn't see that the pages were updated.

I honestly believe so mostly just due to characters liveing attacks stronger then their ap thanks to aura

Like there is so much examples of that, but aura acts like a health bar so it has a maximum limit to how much damage it can take before it's one shot

I don't believe it's valid outside of specific instances and even then it could be outlier.

Fact of the matter is, Aura is very inconsistent in its portrayal especially when you factor in the fact that Aura depletion/breaking wasn't a thing until Volume 3. Furthermore, using a 4x multiplier is entirely arbitrary as it's not a stated thing that canonically happens in the show. It's based on calculations we have done here on the site, which brings in the factor of authenticity. Calculations are not exact measurements of power. We can have multiple calculations for the same feat with different values. Based on principle, I strongly advise against using the 4x Aura durability.

So we just list it as "higher with aura" or try to find the maximum damage their aura can take and list it as "up to (blank tier) with aura before braking) and yes aura is indeed inconsistent however it became more consistent after vol four Once they laid the ground rules with Ren talking about aura

I'm perfectly fine with "higher with Aura" as a rating. It's clear that characters can tank the attacks of much stronger characters through Aura, but any form of solid rating is - in my opinion - impossible to discern.

There is also the issue of literally everyone in Volume 7 and 8 scaling to Penny, who is blatantly stronger than any Non-Maiden and regarded as such by the main cast but I will leave that to another thread.

blake and ren were able to restrain base penny and the combined strength of blake, ren, jaune, yang, nora, oscar, and emerald restraind maiden penny, and weiss' glyphs can also restrain her

Also not to mention the fact team RWBY beat the ace ops, qrow fought basically on par with clover and tyrian and winter and penny are clearly equals. So them scaleing to penny actually makes sense, sure they aren't as strong as penny but they are still town level regardless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back