• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Discussion thread 2

I haven't been following this discussion but it's post like that that's continuing this. If you want others to stop, stop focusing on it and discuss something else for awhile or something, I dunno.

Reppuzan said:
@Jinx
You literally reopened the argument with your first comment here today. Don't paint yourself as a victim.
That was because of the preview, which was new content in the discussion, Im allowed to say it. I even said I wasn't gonna get into it cause it's only a preview and it's too early to tell, and noones a freaking victim, do you hoenstly think this is that serious that someone is getting hurt

You people need to take it with a grain of salt, its barely even strong mockery, and its not directed at anyone personally. And again, its not like I've been the only one

I've legit stopped, until someone else like this has to carry it on, saying I haven't dropped it yet. Please don't expect to reply to my own posts and not get a reply back, especially if you're trying to get the last word, which is petty, about things that aren't true (Like playing a victim about some irrelevant internet discussion). So please, stop constantly telling me to drop it when you yourself can't do the same

If you think this is personal, it's not.

But the fact of the matter is that you've refused to drop your consistently confrontational tone since the whole Oscar issue came about even when four Admins have warned you for acting in violation of Site Rules.

"You can leave comments in the forums if you want to argue about a character's power or point out things that seem wrong, but don't be rude, obnoxious, unreasonable, or overly argumentative. Also, try to keep the forum threads on point, and to not veer off-topic."

I don't care if you disagree with the current state of things. Perhaps we'll change things once the full episode comes out, but the fact of the matter is that you have been acting in violation of this tenet for over a dozen posts.

You can hold onto your opinions for as long as you wish. That's in your rights. You can type whatever you want to say, that's also one of your rights. But freedom to say whatever you want doesn't mean you're free from the consequences of how you say things. This is my final warning to you.

K good

"Confrontational", you're kind of the only one being confrontational, I've already given up, of course no one's actually going to listen, im trying to actually drop it, but comments you make don't help at all. Its kind of had to read tones in writing aswell, cause I'm honestly not angry about any of it, for reasons I'll avoid saying for it being confrontational. And unreasonable is a little rich but okay.

My latest posts have been how I'm literally dropping this now. So can you do that too please? But I can't guarantee I won't be smug as hell if it actually shows I was right and Oscar loses to a 8-A

But yeah, I'm dropping it.

In terms of Hazel's character, they overhyped his motivation to what it actually was. I was expecting some sort of betrayal/loss for the greater good. Something that deemed the "dying over and over again" punishment. What we got was that his sister died during a training at Beacon. Kind of a letdown.

They then bring up whether she knew the risks or not. Hazel then says that she was "just a child." How old was she? Don't parents/guardians have a right to veto a child's admission as a Huntsman?

They had potential with it but made him illogical. If a family member dies in service to the military, do you blame the army he or she signed up for or the enemy that killed him or her? Bringing up my earlier point, wouldn't he blame his parents for allowing her to do it?

Anyways, here's how I see the current scaling as of the current episode:

In General:

Students < Full Huntsman < Maidens < Salem = Full Wizard

AP:

Weiss < Vernal

Silver <= Yang

Nora (Base) + Ren < Hazel (Base)

Oscar < Oscar (Ozpin possessed) < Qrow < Nora (Electric Charged) <= Hazel (Dust Enhanced)

Speed/Reaction:

Oscar < Qrow < Hazel (Dust Enhanced) < Oscar (Ozpin possessed)

Thoughts?

OH BOI

Alright, first off, Maidens powers are an on and off thing, like I said, indicated by the flashing eyes, so Raven should have a 7-B and a 7-A format. As should Amber. Like I said. And they can translate into physical blows I guess, but Raven wasn't using her 7-A on Qrow.

Guess no one can actually hurt Hazel either, So that just proves that Oscar was doing shit to him. Plus 8-A's lasting longer and being more impactful than Oscar

RIP Vernal, RWBY needs to chill with the undeveloped characters and then killing them off.

Cinder is definitely not dead, there's no way they'd truly kill her...but they did with torchwick so... Emerald and Mercury are ****** anyway.

Will Adam be 8-A again for getting lolled around by Blake? Or is Blake like Oscar gonna get that 7-B for 'pushing them back'. Better not be the last we see of him.

Queen lancer Weiss able to stab through a 7-B. Her knight summon should scale

And yeah

Spoilers!!!

Weiss can impale Hazel with her summons so they might be 7-B HOWEVER Jaune stated he can amplify Aura using his own so he can add his power to her.

I think the RWBY girls could be on the lower 7-B side like Adam and Base Cinder.

Blake knocked Adam away and will likely fight him next chapter.

Weiss impaling Hazel with her summoning makes more sense if she's 7-B like Adam since adding two 8-A together can't hurt a 7-B let alone impale him.

Ruby, Weiss, Blake, Yang, Jaune, Nora, Ren (Unsure), Mercury, and Emerald should be 7-B

Scaling from Adam.

I don't think his semblance can amplify others' semblance. People can use semblances without aura. So the summon feat was legit.

Nora should get her semblance to say 'Higher with semblance at least up to 7-B'

Not really...knocking someone over honestly shouldn't be justified for scaling. I'd keep them 8-A for now. No doubt they'll get upgraded though.

Weiss didn't impale, her Lancer did.

But yeah, things have been proven. Maiden powers are on and off, Oscar not actually hurting Hazel thanks to his semblance, so we can't say he did damage, and therefore shouldn't be 7-B. This'll be fun

Don't get your hopes too high yet, the admins have yet to watch and evaluate the episode everything can happen basing on their decision.

But Semblinces are derived from aura ... So people using them without aura makes no since And contradicts the world of remnant where they Say "semblences is focused aura" ... Paraphrasing but still

I know right.

I'm all for semblances being able to stretch to 7-B though, if Nora and Weiss can with their full/high extents, Yang could possibly get that too, as could Adam (who might need it), Or Jaune can give someone a 7-B status lel. Though we may need more input

I'm going in this case-by-case.

1) Oscar STAY ON HOLD... Don't bother talking about him when we saw him in combat for <1 second this chapter.

2) Weiss stabbing Hazel is not justifiable for 7-B Weiss in ANY sense. Hazel had his guard down, focused on the whole white fang mess. His aura could've been down.

3) IDK why anyone said Maiden Powers are passive. If they were, we might as well have everyone who is 7-B as 7-A. It is PRETTY obvious in past cases that it must be active. Though I don't think it should scale to durability for a few reasons.

4) 8-A Adam. Right now. IDGAF about the opinion of "Cinder must've been scared of him" because that doesn't matter when they never fought, and Cinder clearly wanted to tame them from the first place.

5) Leo hurt Qrow (too lazy to look back). 7-B Leo.

6) If Vernal gets a page (RIP), she should be 8-A scaling above Weiss for the obvious stomp.

7) Nora's semblance should probably be discussed for its limitations, since she just threw a 7-B character out the front door (despite this obviously having no effect on him).

1) eh, I don't know, Oscar is 7-B for harming Hazel, but we don't know Hazel was actually not getting harmed, so it's faulty to say he's 7-B

2) Weiss didn't stab, her summons did. She's got 7-B summons

3) they aren't passive, but I thought they were more magic power buffed, not applicable to physical hits.seems they are, but it seems they can be turned on and off. (Can't wait to see Ever and Weekly's argument), so theres that

4) or 7-B Blake... not ridiculous enough?

5) Can't recall that, Lionheart only hurt them with his weapon aswell, his physical power isn't 7-B, nothing can justify that

6) RIP Vernal.

7) Yeah, but that just tells she she can go to a 7-B status with a small amount of electricity.

About Hazel getting stabbed by Weiss summons, How could we know that he let his aura down? He is in the middle of battle after all. Letting his guard down while in the middle of a fight isn't something that an experience fighter like him would do.

Aura is always active anywah. It even gives a sixth sense. Once you unlocked it it will always be around you unless it's depleted, or hasn't been unlocked. There's never been a sense of aura being down,even in sneak attack situations

Tbh we should wait till the series finale before we consider anymore upgrades. Also gotta start making content revisions as opposed to General Discussions for them.

Also if anyone wants the episode it should be on anime space by now.

The Knight probably had to hold back on Weiss in this case, since it easily tore through the Lancer, that survived that big aura explosion, and sliced through the mechanism easily which Coco couldn't do. Either way, its shown more consistency to be 7-B, and lancer scales

But yeah, either way I liked the episode. Found it too plot convenient for Blake to suddenly appear, but other than that, at least they're finally together. RWBY needs a more consistent runtime per episode so its terrible pacing can finally be fixed.

But Nora can go to a 7-B extent. Just realised her Semblance is pretty convenient, since electricity can penetrate Aura easily, and therefore it's just a convenient 1-up over everyone else. Nora as God tier please

Raven/Amber should get 7-B and 7-A key. Though Amber didn't use her maiden powers anything like that, as Cinder siad, but her storm feat still stands don't it.

Weiss' summons are at least 7-B

Oscar should be 8-A thanks to the 7-B reasoning sort of being out there now (but ofc that won't happen)

Hazel and Jaune semblance revealed.

Also, how about the fact the lancer tore a hole through Hazel without breaking his aura. More evidence to support Aura is the durability enhancing forcefields rather than an actual physical forcefield. I've finally been able to make a link, and its like Symmetra's defence shields in Overwatch, not actual shields but just defense bugging overall . Or even Goku's forcefield technique sort of. Either way, they get physically hit. But that's none of my business

CinCameron20 said:
Jaune's semblance isn't revealed. He has not used it.
Oscar still has reason to be 7-B. Ozpin said that Hazel doesn't feel pain.
Though according to Jaune his Semblance is not healing, that doesn't mean his Semblance isn't granting his aura to other people.

Kaltias said:
@Jinx
We've been over this. They don't need to display the ability to make a forcefield each time when they have done so in the past.

Also, how do you know that his Aura wasn't broken? Sometimes it goes down without the usual particle/sound effect.

Edit: haven't watched the episode yet tho
That outdated fact you mean? They've only shown it once. And all these fights, they actually touch eachother, obviously. Its the durability buffing type of forcefield, not a physical one

As for Yang, her aura probably depleted during Adams colour change thingy making them silohuettes. You know, for Effect...

Look, the aura sound breaking is different all the time, its barely ever consistent, the only thing that is consistently shown is the visual effect when it flashes around them. And trust me, Hazels aura isn't depleted yet he still gets stabbed through, watch the episode b4 you claim.

Back