• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY: 8-A and MHS Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kepekley23 said:
If it wasn't real electricity, there's no reason to assume why it should go slower than lightning bolts.

Because there's zero evidence it is any faster than a lightning bolt, and our standards don't accept the feat as true if tit's the case.
There is. A character that reacted to a lightning bolt failed to react to that.

It is not different from a character that can react to, say, Mach 1200 attacks. If we see him failing to react to a different attack (Or even the same attack from a superior guy), I'll asume said attack is faster.

@Kink the manga is comprised almost entirely of events that just didnt happen in the main show as well as expansions on the trailer events, but its still canon, just like Grimm Eclipse

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I just hope this doesn't get heated....
Jinxing creeps around the corner

Although honestly it looks like we're retaining civility here.

Superman being half a MegaFoe isn't contradicted

Pokémon doesn't have anti feats against their new ratings

You seem to have misunderstood my OP completely. Mercury outright has a feat that gets contradicted minutes later.

I agree 100% with Kep and his OP. Our standards for RWBY are far too leniant and are based around outlierish feats and debunked calculations.

@Cal

That is a false equivalency. The further up you go the tiering system, the less sheer numerical difference matters.

Also, in regards to the OBD, the general consensus is that the older higher-level calcs were wanked there currently.

Is Sun's dodge feat still considered OK? If so then there's that and Blake's feat in the same fight which was also MHS which means there's 3 MHS feats.

We objectively dont and never have.

Also OBD has no say in the calcs we ourselves do here which yielded 8-A even by Kep's standards

I'm neutral on everything but Speed and Pyrrha/Penny's AP.

The Speed downgrade from Sun is fine but Mercury being unable to dodge a hand blast from Amber suddenly means that his lightning dodging is a outlier makes no sense to me.

The downgraded to 8-C+ seems fine.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Kep And Marvel characters are MHS despite having trouble reacting to bullets at times
This is a terrible false equivalency. Marvel has almost as much Massively Hypersonic feats as the rest of fiction combined.

Marvel has like over 30 feats calculated on MHS - MHS+. And the amount of time the timeframe of "Microsecond" is gven to a feat either by narration or by characters is absolutely ludicrous.

Nevermind that Spider-Man alone has dodged real lightning from Electro literally hundreds of times in his comic history.

@Matt And i sincerely doubt that automatically makes their numbers surpass the number of feats of the same level for the entirety of fiction

The speed stuff makes sense to me though. I don't know if Mercury's dodge is illegitimate or an outlier, but hoping it's the former because I don't wanna debate more than I have to.

The real cal howard said:
The speed stuff makes sense to me though. I don't know if Mercury's dodge is illegitimate or an outlier, but hoping it's the former because I don't wanna debate more than I have to.
Really can you explain because it doesn't make sense to me.

My personal opinion:

RWBY is currently 8-A and MHS+ based on two feats, except that...

• One of the 8-A calcs was debunked
  • The other 8-A feat is of a scale immensely higher than every single other feat in the verse not done by the Dragon Grimm or the Maidens.
  • The RWBY Verse is consistently in the Wall level range with the most noteworthy feats being in the 8-C+ range at best
  • One of the MHS+ feats was debunked
  • The other MHS+ feat is contradicted literally minutes after it is done
  • The rest of the series has no speed feat that even come close to it, with every single other speed feat being subsonic to low hypersonic.
Downgrade is the objectively correct thing to do.

Mercury failed to react to an electric attack that was magical lightning that didn't have any properties we adhere to and can't have its speed quantified. Even if it is lightning fast, it is still a low-end because Mercury reacted to the lightning from ~3 meters away, and failed to react to Amber's blast even though he was much farther away.

@Matt An 8-A feat in a verse where people have casual 8-C/High 8-C/8-B feats is not an outlier

Lower speed feats dont invalidate higher speed feats

Althogh yes going by our new standards the MHS+ feat is no longer valid

WeeklyBattles said:
@Matt An 8-A feat in a verse where people have casual 8-C/High 8-C/8-B feats is not an outlier
Lower speed feats dont invalidate higher speed feats
1) False. Those feats are already the anomaly in a Verse where 90% of the feats are Tier 9. Kep just didn't post every single lower feat, just the absolute best feats in the verse.

2)Also only one High 8-C feat I think is not "a ton". And most of them aren't casual.

3) They absolutely do. The textbook definition of an outlier is a feat which is higher than everything that came before, and which is never replicated afterwards, even by canonically faster characters.

No they don't. First of all, the 8-B feat was debunked, and the High 8-C feat objectively doesn't scale. You can't just ignore the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back