• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ruthless Render Discussion Thread

A thread dedicated to a new Comic series, Ruthless Render. It seems to be quite the interesting verse and is very blatantly inspired by a combination of Chainsaw Man and Jujutsu Kaisen. So if those two interest you, I'd give it a look.
A warning, as it's technically a comic, it's read left to right. Don't make the same mistake as me and read it like a manga for the first ten or so pages and realize it makes no sense.

This thread will be for discussing the series, profiles, feats, any really anything related to the series.

Series Synopsis: Ever heard of the saying "there's power in the tongue"? well, in this world where things and creatures can literally be spoken into existence, a boy named castiel uses his powers of unknown origins to help fight creatures and beings from the darkest/most twisted of nightmares as he struggles to find himself in order to understand who or what he truly is.

9bc301f1-3f56-421a-93ea-8563868bee43_r.jpg

Pinned topics:

Last edited:
I'd like to note the series is still young, only 3 chapters long as of so far. So it'd be easy to read through all of it. There was also a one-shot version which can be read on Webtoon that is fairly different from the official series.

Oh, nice work! What do u want me to post in particular? Scans of feats or abilities? That's what I was looking for
the profile blog please and thanks ;)

also fyi this shit may is gonna end up like Hypersonic to like High Hypersonic or Massively Hypersonic its insane

Btw, how'd u edit my sandbox? Didn't know peeps could do that (Thanks for it too btw).
yeah sandboxes are open to others editing automatically I'm pretty sure no?
Oh, I put the sandbox in ours DMs. That one for Castiel.
and yeah I know I was just asking to post it here for accessibility to others

I heavily overestimated that feat man, I said it'd be bare minimum transonic and I was right but it was at most halfway to hypersonic since the timeframe for human perceptions is not as low as I'd thought

still has some pretty good results though
From what I've heard, for blatant superhuman creatures you're able to use a superhuman reaction speed timeframe. But for anything higher you need explicit statements. You could probs add a superhuman end as a timeframe as Renders are supposed to be stupidly above normal humans (Enough for an entire group of people to be scared of even jobber ones).

From what I've heard, for blatant superhuman creatures you're able to use a superhuman reaction speed timeframe. But for anything higher you need explicit statements. You could probs add a superhuman end as a timeframe as Renders are supposed to be stupidly above normal humans (Enough for an entire group of people to be scared of even jobber ones).
Added them

Added them
Neat. Imma check one thing tho. The 5'6 height range for an American at that age I coulda swore I saw other sources said around 5'6 to 5'9 was average. Which admittedly wouldn't change much, but does help a bit. I also think there's a way to up the distance between the two. The Render itself looks pretty tall (When it was in the room, its head nearly touched the ceiling), and for tall characters, you get decent leeway with height. So I imagine you could use 6'0 as I did in one of my accepted calcs and angsize the distance between the creature right before it explodes and the distance Castiel by pixel scaling the distance his face is from the camera (Since it looks to be over 1 meter)

Btw, just a few minor errors on the blog that are just formatting mistakes. I'll quote the parts.

Since he perception blitzed him we'll use 0.13s for athletic human perceptions just to be safe since this is a superhuman creature he hired to kill Castiel.

/0,13s = 383.589615 m/s (Supersonic) Big rip I thought it'd be way way higher than even discounting the extra 6 slashes this but still its good
Forgot to ad the distance before the / mark. Unless that was intentional.
since renders are supposed to be stupidly above humans that groups lf people even fear taking on one, with this in mind we'll use superhuman reactions
Bolded part is grammatical, italic is just a suggestion to maybe reword it to "Fear even".

Btw, just a few minor errors on the blog that are just formatting mistakes. I'll quote the parts.

Forgot to ad the distance before the / mark. Unless that was intentional.

Bolded part is grammatical, italic is just a suggestion to maybe reword it to "Fear even".
Corrected
Neat. Imma check one thing tho. The 5'6 height range for an American at that age I coulda swore I saw other sources said around 5'6 to 5'9 was average. Which admittedly wouldn't change much, but does help a bit. I also think there's a way to up the distance between the two. The Render itself looks pretty tall (When it was in the room, its head nearly touched the ceiling), and for tall characters, you get decent leeway with height. So I imagine you could use 6'0 as I did in one of my accepted calcs and angsize the distance between the creature right before it explodes and the distance Castiel by pixel scaling the distance his face is from the camera (Since it looks to be over 1 meter)
Fair but I'll do that later I'm gonna sleep in a bit its 1am for me and I've got work again

For anyone reading the thread, would this qualify for anything?

(Spoilers for Chapter 1)

Essentially, Castiel seems to be killed and enters some weird made up place. Upon touching the Render, he heals his wound. I already have regen on his page for this, but is this also resurrection? Given he seemed to be dead before raising up from the ground? Would the whole weird world he saw be anything to note on the profile or no?

Oh, by the way, before a CGM beats me to it, they prefer you use 35deg for angsizing instead of 70/2. I don't know why, but apparently it's more accurate? (When I get on pc I'm also gonna calc that Renders height to see if I get 6 feet or more. 6 feet is safe for now calc, but I figure he's closer to 7 feet tall)

Last edited:
For anyone reading the thread, would this qualify for anything?

(Spoilers for Chapter 1)

Essentially, Castiel seems to be killed and enters some weird made up place. Upon touching the Render, he heals his wound. I already have regen on his page for this, but is this also resurrection? Given he seemed to be dead before raising up from the ground? Would the whole weird world he saw be anything to note on the profile or no?
Gonna bump the thread. Do want to know if this warrants resurrection or anything else.

(Also gonna link the sandbox in the OP for easier access)

Gonna bump again. This time cuz I've updated the OP with currently relevant topics and because I've essentially finished up Castiel's profile (All that's left is maybe a supportive feat and a render of him when he's a Render).

Back