• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

Well, given that BigSmoke seems to have agreed to try to improve his behaviour, and the issue here is lack of common sense, not malicious intent, I think that we should leave him alone for the time being.

If he causes problems in the future, we can ban him for around a month or so, but it depends on the severity.
BigSmoke, again, I strongly suggest that you follow the advice that you copy-pasted, and that we all stop arguing pointlessly here.

I'm gonna come in and attempt to be the period to this long discussion, hopefully finishing it without any more controversy.

BigSmoke has gotten on the nerves of many, the overwhelming amount of responses here proves that. However, considering the defense of many others, including Ant, I believe that he should be allowed one last, final chance. As long as he remembers to follow the guidelines he has been given, and attempts not to be controversial in the future, then he will be allowed to stay. That being said, it should be noted, BigSmoke, that you are on extremely thin ice right now. Please keep that in mind from here on out, okay? I mean it. One more slip-up, and not even Ant can save you.

I don't see the point of giving him a final chance. He literally admitted, earlier on this very thread, thst ge has no respect for the rules. Why are we wasting our time? Just ban him and get it over with.

My position stands the same as the last time I was firmly pushed and yelled at for pushing for a permanent ban, with the same people arguing "Just give him one more chance!"

He got that chance, and plenty more. When will the final chance be the final one?

But he is unwilling and by his own accord, unable to improve his annoying behaviour and has no respect for this place, just like he stated.

Why have someone like this who is can't change and straight up despises us here?

My position stands the same as the last time I was firmly pushed and yelled at for pushing for a permanent ban, with the same people arguing "Just give him one more chance!"

He got that chance, and plenty more. When will the final chance be the final one?
^This. The concept of a "last chance" losses all meaning when we happily hand out fifty of the ******* things a year to the same guy.

This whole situation is far too familiar to the one I mentioned earlier, and if a guy literally saying he won't change is anything to go by, I don't understand where people will actually see this go other then worse

This whole situation is far too familiar to the one I mentioned earlier, and if a guy literally saying he won't change is anything to go by, I don't understand where people will actually see this go other then worse
Well, he did at least acknowledge his behavior this time, and promised to follow the instructions we gave him, so fingers crossed!

We're literally going back and forth at this point, can the staff finally decide if he should get the banhammer or not?

It's been discussed for over 100 posts, it has been made perfectly clear that Smoke is on thin ice and next time its the ban hammer, can we pahlease drop this? A decision has been made to give a final warning to him, and I agree with Ant's opinion on the matter
Exactly, this is getting dragged out at this point. Let's just drop this, since we already reached a suitable conclusion I feel.

No. Because next time this gets brought up, and it will get brought up here again, we'll have the exact same discussion. It happens every time. Nothing changes and he literally said he doesn't care. Just ban him already.

I'm gonna come in and attempt to be the period to this long discussion, hopefully finishing it without any more controversy.

BigSmoke has gotten on the nerves of many, the overwhelming amount of responses here proves that. However, considering the defense of many others, including Ant, I believe that he should be allowed one last, final chance. As long as he remembers to follow the guidelines he has been given, and attempts not to be controversial in the future, then he will be allowed to stay. That being said, it should be noted, BigSmoke, that you are on extremely thin ice right now. Please keep that in mind from here on out, okay? I mean it. One more slip-up, and not even Ant can save you.
Was this not enough of a discussion ender?

No. Because next time this gets brought up, and it will get brought up here again, we'll have the exact same discussion. It happens every time. Nothing changes and he literally said he doesn't care. Just ban him already.
No, the same thing will not happen. At all. Because we have given BigSmoke a strict guideline to follow with a severe ultimatum in place should he choose to ignore the instructions, and he should know he is on very thin ice with everyone now. He has been warned, and if he's smart, he will follow it. Otherwise we ban him.

So please, like the others have said, drop it. He may have been given chances before, but it is clear now that this will be his very final chance, without any question.

Edit: Of course, you happen to pop in right as I posted this huge thing and drop it. Either way, my message stands.

Well, I do understand why people find BigSmoke obnoxious, but not why he would incite such extreme dislike from other staff members. Perhaps I am uninformed about something?

No, the same thing will not happen. At all. Because we have given BigSmoke a strict guideline to follow with a severe ultimatum in place should he choose to ignore the instructions, and he should know he is on very thin ice with everyone now. He has been warned, and if he's smart, he will follow it. Otherwise we ban him.

So please, like the others have said, drop it. He may have been given chances before, but it is clear now that this will be his very final chance, without any question.

Edit: Of course, you happen to pop in right as I posted this huge thing and drop it. Either way, my message stands.
That is correct, yes.

Well, I do understand why people find BigSmoke obnoxious, but not why he would incite such extreme dislike from other staff members. Perhaps I am uninformed about something?
Speaking personally, it's because I view this thread as giving people "absolute last chances" over and over again despite nothing changing. I remember how many "last chances" ended up not being that at all. Smoke is just the latest example.

Having said that, if we need to write several paragraphs worth of rules for one user when no one else is having this problem, than he's not worth the effort, but I'm evidently outvoted here.

Regardless, let's move on.

I’m annoyed that people who point out that Big Smoke already got a “last chance” the previous time this came up are being looked down upon by others. It’s the shame thing that happened to me and others who accurately predicted Big Smoke would be an unhelpful nuisance again, we were yelled at and told to give him a final chance.

I’m just disappointed that this keeps happening.

But he is unwilling and by his own accord, unable to improve his annoying behaviour
can you ******* read
and has no respect for this place, just like he stated.
i wouldn't really be the most reliable source for identifying that. i hardly even know what the definition of respect is. i just have a vague idea of it. also, as i said before, it doesn't matter as long as it doesn't affect my actions here.
Why have someone like this who is can't change and straight up despises us here?
i wouldn't despise you if it wasn't for this kinda shit
The concept of a "last chance" losses all meaning when we happily hand out fifty of the ******* things a year to the same guy.
the fact that i need them in the first place is pretty laughable. my """crimes""" aren't nearly as atrocious as you seem to believe they are. once again, i don't even know what i did to warrant this. like, you could just tell me "you're being annoying", you don't need to go to a report thread to deal with it. especially when you could very easily avoid associating with me.
i dunno, maybe those instructions will work.
Literally everyone will do that if threatened with a permanent ban. It doesn't actually mean anything.
hmmmmm. maybe if you didn't go straight for a permaban, you would've been able to negate the possibility of me making empty promises. or maybe you don't even want to do that, because it feels like you just want me banned by any means possible.
Nothing changes and he literally said he doesn't care.
when did i even say that?

Back