• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violations Reports - 64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schnee One said:
This happens literally all the time
Guy gets warned, does not listen, guy gets warned again, does not listen, guy gets banned, doesn't listen, guy gets banned infinitely, pretends to listen.

Keep him banned
I shared the same opinions. I don't think his posts sounds sincere, also.

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
Oh yeah, he called a character "f*ggot edward cullen looking one"
Doesn't seem the most sorry
Setting aside wether or not hes sincere, even if we unban him, if he dosn't get rid of that screenshot then he might get banned by Fandom themself

So either we keep him banned from the wiki, or unban him and he gets banned from the FANDOM as a whole.

As much as I wish I could choose the latter, it's clear he can't come back

Regarding the Upgrade situation;

I have no input on the "conspiracy to get someone banned". Honestly, what he said looks like the sort of overexaggerated wording Upgrade's used before.

However, the fact remains that he tried to use a sock to push his argument forward. That's a big no no.

About the "lying to admin after being called out on his guilt" thing. That is a misunderstanding of what was in those scans I posted. All I was doing with those scans I posted was indicating that Upgrade knew unusually specific details about the account suspected to be his sock. After I pointed out this, he posted with an alt discord account, and admitted that the account was his sock. At the time however, I didn't realise he had switched to an alternate account, so I didn't actually read anything the alt had written, because I thought it was someone else talking about one of the other topics going on in the server, not upgrade on the topic. My bad. I have since gone back to read the whole conversation again, and here's what Upgrade said:

Hold on, I won't deny I did a wrong, but I will admit that I didn't think it was ban hammer worthy. It took my a few hours to find the account because I completely forgotten what email address, or what it was linked too. Now my reasoning behind it wasn't really to support myself, but i wanted it to feel natural, I guess. What my intention really was is that I got frustrated with the whole "fallacy this, and fallacy that" and what I believe to be was "false accusations" and stuff. I got just frustrated that, and I wanted to point that out. I guess in a way thus still sounds like I supported myself, but I just got frustrated with the intellectual flexing. I guess you could also say I have a bit of an inferiority complex with what I thought was a "higher level intelligence." With having a larger vocabulary. It just really got on my nerves. Hence the larger paragraph of it. Why did I use an alternate account? Because people I asked to sort of peer review my points said it would be better to leave those out because it looks worse on me. And it was just something that has been boiling inside me for a while since that debate started, coupled into of one bad irl day after another.. I didn't really mean, or expect it to get me into this kind of dog doodoo, and I tried to be nice about about wording things..

Upgrade did admit what he did, that much is clear. However, he also only did this after I made it pretty clear that he had already incriminated himself. It's easy to admit to something when everyone always knows. I'm sure people will have their own take on that admission, but honestly I don't consider it relevant.

All I care about is that he tried to push forward his argument with a sock. I still think that a ban is a justified punishment for that. And apparently, he's done this before. Six months seems like a minimum to me for repeated offenses of that nature.

A minor warning would be fine, he seems harmless.

@Monarch

Would you find it acceptable with 3 months as other staff members suggested earlier? Upgrade seems very harmless and legitimately upset about this.

Also, did you read both of his response posts?

I have nothing against Upgrade and I've even interacted with him a bit but overlooking all of that, if a guy had an alt which he used that was caught, he could have more. And I won't believe everything he would say. It's easy to make excuses, feel sorry and sound like that after getting caught. That's just how it works.

3 months seems like very lenient and would set a really bad and lax precedent. The absolute minimum I'm willing to go is 6, personally.

Well, I think that he is sincere, and still think that he seems very harmless, but I changed his block to 6 months.

Antvasima said:
Here are messages sent to me in private by TheUpgradeManHaHaxD to explain himself:

"Okay, there so.. perhaps the biggest question on most peoples mind (at least i assume) would be "Why did he do something like that?" and "Why did he have another account?"

I'll explain the account part first

That account is when i first started getting into vsbattle wiki. I was a noob, and i didn't know a whole lot. When i started mass deleting things on that account there was 2 thoughts going through my mind. "Wow. I was an embarrassment back then and complete fodder (In terms of debating ability)" To clarify, I was embarrassed of myself looking back at those memories. Then the other thought was along the lines of like this:

"Okay.. My friends are telling me to just debate his points, and don't bring up "fallcies" at all of any sort of any kind.. So what if i did that on a separate account? instead of my main? I'd need to get rid of connections where it would be reasonably assumed it was me" in other words, i wanted to talk about what i thought was a condescending atitude, and what i felt was like "looking down on me."

The thread i commited this crime on. if it was carefully read. there were times where i said i was busy, or had to walk away, something like that. Yes part of it was becuase i was busy, but in truth. i was trying to stay calm. I was getting so frustrated and flustered that i wanted to lash out, but i knew i shouldn't. So the idea popped into my head "what if vented my frustration using a separate account?"

In summary, i got annoyed with all this talk of "fallacies" and i felt intellectually inferior. Add on top that i felt like my case-points were being purposely corrupted, twisted, or changed (Basically i felt like i was being strawmanned). Which made me feel even more angry. Then i felt like he would often avoid my case/points by calling htem a fallacy for like a distraction.

Which over the course of th thread. I lost my cool. i went on to a separate account that took me a few hours to find because i forgot the password, and the email. and i vented my frustration

Now, i know it looks like i supported myself but i did that to make it seem less like me (obviosuly i failed at that lol), but in truth what was actually going on in my mind is that i wanted to vent my frustration, and anger and show i how i felt.

The point was not to support myself!

if we go back and look at my threads from long ago, and my post then. you can see i matured, and changed a lot throughout my history on the wiki.

the 1st time i supported myself on a thread. that was me being a noob, not understanding how the wiki runs/works at the time, and nothing was accepted on that thread iirc. and if it was it was never added.

if you can notice you can see a long period of inactivity on that account. its becaues i wanted to start a new leaf, go into a new direction using the account 'TheUpgrademanHaHaxD"

I only had those accounts. there was no other ones. And i only posted on my own thread those 2 times only.

If you go back and look at my behaviors on past CRT's most of the time i really valued a staff members opinion. and i always wanted appovral before adding things

May I also draw a comparison with this situation? Why is my situation more unique than the Kingdom hearts one? Where a member added (OP) abilities to them that were previously rejected?

Does any of this make sense.... im really sorry if its not..

Also, id like to talk about this "Conspiracy" and also the screenshots monarch took because he left out information."

"Also..

I understand that i made some enemies. I know i have been labeled with a stigma, and its going to cling hard.. There are people who are never going to trust me again.. people who will see me differently.. and people whose minds are already made up.. those who might be open minded, and those who may not be..

I just want people (Or someone) to hear myside.. what happens after that is up to the individuals.."

"also.. if anything is being misunderstood.. id like to know so i can clarify it..

i am not really good wtih my words.. especially when im..... upset..."

"before i continue i need some time to calm down.. i am sorry.."

He seems harmless to me.
Antvasima said:
@All staff members here

Here are both of Upgrade's posts.

Ultima banned him and I used WHAM on his posts.

By the way, it would be very useful if more administrators who know what they are doing install WHAM as well. They have to promise to only ever open the tool against blatant spam trolls though, as it is extremely dangerous to use.

@Schnee

It is more likely some other troll who impersonated him. They have done that before when we have banned other members.

Anyway, I keep getting interrupted when I wish to talk about UpgradeMan.

WHAM is a tool used by administrators, Fandom staff, and VSTF to quickly clean up after trolls. It can roll back all of their edits or delete all of their posts in a single click. It is incredibly dangerous to even open against accounts that are not blatant spam or vandalism trolls though.

00potato said:
I think Bolin is Ant.
Also why is Stalin here?
Yes, I was just joking.

I╠ ╠Âw╠Âo╠Ân╠Âd╠Âe╠Âr╠ ╠Âw╠Âh╠Ây╠ ╠Âh╠Âe╠ ╠Âs╠Âa╠Âi╠Âd╠ ╠Âa╠Ân╠Ât╠Âi╠Â-╠Âj╠Âe╠Âw╠ ╠Âh╠Âa╠Ât╠Âe╠ ╠Âs╠Âp╠Âe╠Âe╠Âc╠Âh╠Â,╠ ╠Âa╠Ân╠Ât╠Âi╠Â-╠Âc╠Âh╠Âr╠Âi╠Âs╠Ât╠Âi╠Âa╠Ân╠ ╠Âh╠Âa╠Ât╠Âe╠Âs╠Âp╠Âe╠Âe╠Âc╠Âh╠ ╠Âw╠Âo╠Âu╠Âl╠Âd╠ ╠Âh╠Âa╠Âv╠Âe╠ ╠Âb╠Âe╠Âe╠Ân╠ ╠Âm╠Âo╠Âr╠Âe╠ ╠Âa╠Âp╠Âp╠Âr╠Âo╠Âp╠Âr╠Âi╠Âa╠Ât╠Âe╠ ╠Âf╠Âo╠Âr╠ ╠Âv╠Âs╠Âb╠Âw╠Â

Anti-Jewish sentiment is a classic thoug, people always think of that first, it goes farther back and has many notable instances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back