• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violations Reports - 63

Status
Not open for further replies.
Madotsuki24 said:
Also, I wouldn't say what I did was that severe, I doubt that I caused actual harm to people.
In the future, just don't take threads so seriously. Keep insults out of it, and especially, when the thread gets closed for said insults, dont take it as an opportunity to then go and insult people more. That's not productive. That's my only advice, cheers.

Yeah, it's just that it's so frustrating when someone disagrees with you and even though them disagreeing seemed to have worse points than yours, it was still was agreed with...

Wright@ I was just trying to chill the situation with some bad jokes.

You can delete the comments if you want.

Reporting Ameersp

First transgressio. They got banned on another wiki (for being a sock, according to the ban reason) and start spamming the wall of a user who clearly doesn't want that. Gets warned by Ovens.

Second transgressio. Despite being told by the other user to get off their wall, they send another one.

Third transgressio. Keep spamming the wall of said user. They didn't want to report them because the other person talked about some mental issues, but it'd be for the better for them anyways to get off sites like this if that's a true issue. Bringing it up in such a context is very manipulative anyways.

Fourth transgressio. Still won't stop. I warn him.

Fifth transgressio. See #4, but instead of warning I say that I'm doing this post.

Sixth transgressio. Is still doing it for some reason. Not responding to this one because clearly whenever the messages are closed they just go back to posting more.

Edit: So I guess I don't even need to close them for him to keep opening up new ones...

Since it's continuing I just went ahead and banned him. This remains as a summary, I guess.

Dudes been warned like 4 times I think thats enough for a perma ban. Especially if he's carrying it over from other wikis.

What are you talking about, Jimboydejuan?

He was banned once, requested an unba, which was granted, and then was banned again, with the reason you gave being "Repeated unrepentant deceitful manipulative inflammatory trolling."

Considering that pretty heavy description, and the seemingly identical actions, I don't think unbanning is a good idea.

EDIT: Here are the RVT posts where he was banned, to quote Ant again:

The member who posted it has repeatedly trolled this wiki by trying to start manipulative inflammatory discussions, and then acted like he didn't mean any harm and won't do it again afterwards, just to start all over again.

I personally think that he has lost all traces of credibility, is a wholly destructive influence here, that we should permanently ban him, and say good riddance afterwards.

I just checked the link, and I think this is a massive overreaction.

GetLinkInfo, which is in the OP of this very thread, says it's perfectly safe. I don't even know how you guys are thinking that this guy is a troll, considering all he posted was a link to a safe site.

Unorthodox way to start out? Sure. I don't think that's reason enough to ban the guy.

The link may be safe, but it looks like the person was only here to advertise. Considering their name, their title of the thread, and the contents of the thread, and considering that's their only edit on any wiki.

Sending URLs to random people is inherently suspicious and often prone to being malicious. In the past, the links are typically linked to viruses and ****. Anyway, he should have made some clarifications in stead of just link randomly as the first thing he ever does. And advertising stuff is also against Fandom's TOS even if the website is safe to visit.

I do agree on Medeus and Agnaa's points; this event looks way too suspicious.

All I'm saying is give the guy a warning beforehand.

It's really not a good look to instantly ban people as soon as they join.

Purely because their name was "Demonslayermanga" and all they posted was a link to some pirating site for it, I'm fine with blocking it. We don't need people who are solely here to advertise their own websites.

Also, that site may not be dangerous, but it's not quite innocuous. Some links lead to chains of ads and redirects indicative of shady sites. Banning them over this is no loss, imo.

After being banned three times for that same reason, and warned two times for that same behaviour, he's still going at it, huh...

Henry has been warned for his behaviors on his message wall, at least twice already. He has been banned three times already. He doesn't look to show improvement so I think a permanent ban is the correct response.

I have permanently banned him; there's just far too many instances.

I am very uncertain if simply calling people stupid is enough for a ban. It seems rather harmless to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back