• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violations Reports - 62

Status
Not open for further replies.
Appearances are very easy to fool. Last time I checked, he dodged multiple bans. I'm not saying he can't improve, but it shouldn't be as simple as he got a little better over a couple of months. His actions still hold weight on his character and he tends to get rather aggressive when people don't agree with him.

@Mr. Bambu

Have you asked him about his reasons for doing so?

Yes. I also asked to see a thread. There was no thread, the reason was for controlling the oceans of a world, which, frankly, is vague and fits more as Environmental Destruction if we take it as straightforward as he did.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Earthyboy is asking me if it's okay for him to come back. I said I was neutral as he does appear to have shaped up and apologized for his actions, and I know ZaStando and Imagine don't appear to be coming back anytime soon, but what about EarthyBoy? Just like to hear thoughts from others before I have my say.

I've been strongly against him coming back in the past, but I wanted to ask anyway.
I've interacted with him a fair amount, and I can advocate for him actually shaping up and being far better than he was. He's just a kid who was poorly influenced by others that were on this site from what I've seen, and he's definitely cleaned up his act.

If he's brought back, I honestly doubt he'll do something to be banned again.

Mr. Bambu said:
Reporting DnW0 for upgrading the vast majority of Warcraft pages to High 6-A despite
A. A quasi-active revision that he's apart of going on, where this upgrade was never discussed or prefaced

B. Never mentioning it to anybody else on any other page, and just going through profiles to change statistics

and C. the High 6-A feat in question being basically worthless and one I'd completely disregard in terms of scaling to actual AP.
Considering the behavior I see him showing on the thread, I think a ban may be in order.

Oh come on, I already said that I wouldn't make any more edits to any existing Warcraft profiles from now on.

Yes, but first of all, you keep avoiding the issue/confronting the person trying to address it. The second part is of course you keep making specific caveats to your agreements (I won't make any more edits to existing Warcraft profiles from now on). This isn't exclusive to Warcraft, and I suspect you either refuse to understand the rules, since they are plainly laid out to you, or you don't care.

I feel like there certainly is something wrong with the rule system if it is possible to get banned for literally one mistake with no prior warning.

DnW0 said:
I feel like there certainly is something wrong with the rule system if it is possible to get banned for literally one mistake with no prior warning.
This isn't a single mistake. This is the mass-editing of an entire verse with no consultation with the active CRT you're a part of. Then follow it up with refusing to acknowledge the fault, and indeed the sideways phrasing afterwards. And of course the potshot taking.

This started with a warning, you are actively exacerbating the problem by refusing to comply.

wow you all are so unfriendly if you're thinking of banning me for "behaviour" without prior warning, when I'm the one being bashed here.

I'll make no revisions to any warcraft profiles from this point forward if you so desire, I'll only make base profiles and you can squabble over my spelling mistakes.
~ DnW0​
This is not compliance. This is setting the stage to another mistake. Here, you specify you won't do this again...

• To Warcraft profiles
  • If I desire
...and this is indeed onl added to the previous statement of:

If you want to delete all my profiles, feel free. Just know that it won't stop me from making more.
Calm down and let it go. It wouldn't have been drama if you didn't bring it to the spotlight.
~ DnW0​
Which sounds to me like you really are just going to do this again. And outside of that, all we've heard from you are the potshots and discontent at your situation. I've said multiple times all I need to hear is that you're not going to do this, at all, ever again, and yet, here you are. It paints a bad image.

Why would it help me to use sneaky wording if I can get banned at any time. There isn't a court in this wiki.

Just let it go.

This is the court pal

Mr. Bambu is correct in that this is strongly against our rules. All of the relevant statistics changes should be reverted, and DnW0 receive a strict warning. A ban seems unnecessary, since I think that he has been well-behaved otherwise.

You're really pulling the victim card here. You weren't unjustly reported. Your action is classified as vandalism and mass vandalism at that for multiple files. Add on to the fact that your behavior when confronted was less than ideal to put it nicely, your were rightfully reported and a ban was suggested because of your behavior.

Antvasima said:
Mr. Bambu is correct in that this is strongly against our rules. All of the relevant statistics changes should be reverted, and DnW0 receive a strict warning. A ban seems unnecessary, since I think that he has been well-behaved otherwise.
Think of the numbers, profiles are being edited every minute, CRTs only appear like once every few hours. Your fellow mods immediately resort to bans through the mere prospect of "I don't like your attitude" and something that takes 5 minutes is enough to amount to drama enough to give me huge headaches.

This doesn't add up to something that is friendly and work-able at all.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
You're really pulling the victim card here. You weren't unjustly reported. Your action is classified as vandalism and mass vandalism at that for multiple files. Add on to the fact that your behavior when confronted was less than ideal to put it nicely, your were rightfully reported and a ban was suggested because of your behavior.
Whether or not I was reported for vandalism does not concern me since it doesn't hinder my profile making.

You're mention of "I'm gonna ban you because I don't like your behavior" does hinder my profile making, and it's absurd because I haven't received a warning and you're literally going by your ad hominem of "I don't like this guy".

Why don't you report Bambu for cursing then? I am certain to say his attitude is no better than mine in this matter and you shouldn't be judging me simply because of your whim.

I haven't insulted anyone, nor have I refused to comply, there is no fault of "bad behaviour".

I honestly request that something is done about this mod behavior because I can totally imagine myself getting banned literally because a mod doesn't like me.

Look, you essentially vandalised several pages and then you are acting unrepentant about it...

I think a ban may be neccesary, he is not apologizing, clogging the thread, ignoring warnings, and accusing others. He doesn't seem worth the effort.

Goodness gracious, I have apologized three times for vandalism.

This is a different topic, I'm talking about getting threatened of a ban for attitude.

"Whether or not I was reported for vandalism does not concern me since it doesn't hinder my profile making."

It does as it's still a bannable offense depending on circumstances.

"You're mention of "I'm gonna ban you because I don't like your behavior" does hinder my profile making"

Except that's not the only reason you have the possibility of a ban. Your behavior is in fact important. However add that with the vandalism and we have a whole 'nother problem. Or are you just going to ignore everything you've said on the CRT and everything Bambu has pointed out?

"and it's absurd because I haven't received a warning and you're literally going by your ad hominem of "I don't like this guy"."

Nice strawman. Now point to where we even remotely attacked your character. Guess what? We didn't. Your behavior was on topic of the report and we brought up your behavior with evidence to back up your claims and noted how unreasonable it was. No one brought up you as a person, but your actions. Stop playing the victim card, it won't work here.

Let me ask you a genuine question: How does one apologize for something in this wiki?

I believed I have done it three times now and I'm still getting ban threats.

I think I'm missing some code of conduct here, it would be a fine learning experience

Let it go dude.

Yes, you have to clarify that you have learned from your mistake and won't ever repeat it.

How does anyone make any edits in this wiki if all I get is mod hate. You're really good at de-incentivizing people from doing anything.

By doing them correctly. Moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back