• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violations Reports - 54

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not even being hostile, at best you could argue that I'm being somewhat aggressive. That isn't a valid reason for a report and just strikes me as you wanting to ban someone for little to no reason other than a disagreement.

First of all, I never called anyone a brain dead neanderthal baby, I said they debate like one. As if you dont get yourself into drama very frequently yourself Shadow. Now lets be adults and stop derailing this thread shall we?

I actually have stuff that goes right along with what Shadow is saying too. But for different reasons.

Im in the middle of gathering everything now so i'll post my report in a bit.

I'd hold off on that, I'd enjoy defending myself against whatever you want to report me with and I have to attend to work ( to which I get off at 8, it's currently 2:21 at the moment. )

Sorry for being late with this as I was asked to wait, but I am reporting The Prince of Counters for different reasons from what Shadow reported earlier. Only thing that should be warranted from my report is a simple warning.

Prince of Counters has been showing nothing but antagonistic speech and behavior torwards me in majority of the threads that we have both participated in. He has accused me of not only being biased against Bleach, but has also accused me of making bleach threads go into utter chaos whenever I happen to either ask questions about something or argue a point. This has happened in the most recent thread that we have joined i . The thread is cluttered with a lot of derailed stuff in and of itself, so i'll take screenshots of what im talking about to make this easier. Explanations are in the link.

To add more to this report, this isnt the first time Prince of Counters has directed rude to aggressive behavior torwards me either. While I can't remember every single thread we have ever participated together in, he has showed the same behavior i at least 5 previous threads. Screenshots have been taken for them here as well so that im clear about what im reporting.

Just so im fair here, yes, I'm aware that my history with Bleach-related threads dont exactly have a good track record. In some cases they have gotten heated, chaotic and ended up becoming complete messes. Im not proud of that and I do feel bad for how they have turned out when im involved. But I am not the one who starts these encounters off with a bad taste. Disagreement or not, it is not a reason to become aggresive over someone else having a different opinion on a topic. And I don't appreciate not being given the same respectful civil treatment I always start out giving.

So while this isnt ban-worthy in the slightest, I think this warrants a warning to not continue this behavior in the future.

What do the rest of the staff think?

I think The Prince of Counters can receive a warning, that's what;s agreed.

Well, just an polite instruction warning in that case. Is somebody else willing to handle it?

I will note that most of what he posted doesn't seem to be explicitly against the rules barring the last comment, which I think deserves a light warning, yeah.

So is somebody willing to handle it?

I want to report this guys behavior and satire language. A moderator shouldn't behave like this to other "guests" in the website. Is fine that he doesn't agree with the discussion and disagrees with something as a moderator but his behavior and words are disrespectful towards others and the very people who have work hard on this wiki. I shouldn't bring the "is not the first time" card but you all know him better than me. Is all about the traffic, monetization, and one guy.

CCBE5567-E069-44D4-A204-C6F6E8120B33
C916FC3C-5D89-4518-9205-53983F6E3536
17EF3F90-75E7-4CD7-8D9F-0B81A0CC2DC6

I mean it technically is, but I'd rather first take this to Matt's wall to see if he chilled out. Matt sometimes have these outbursts but he is still a nice person and reasonable most of the time.

Shiraaaaase
Yes, I dissed and I used crude, aggressive language. I don't really care. VBW as it stands is filled to the brim with mind-numbing problems that everyone would rather ignore than address out of risk of hurting people's feelings, and bia runs rampant in every corner of the website, with people only caring for their own personal verses and mindlessly upgrading everything endlessly with no regard for consistency.

In my experience I find that the only way people will actually stop and listen to you and even consider changing is if you're loud and clear from the get-go.

But yes do keep painting me as an oppressive dictator like always and ignoring the context behind my frustration.

I mean, being aggressive doesn't make you wrong, it's the argument I made before.

Reporting someone for a hot take isn't anything report worthy and is basically trying to silence someone so they don't go against the grain.

Basically, no point in getting mad over something that isn't an issue.

Matthew hasn't done anything wrong, and as we all know, I'm not on friendly terms with Matthew, but I'm not gonna be a liar and say he should be silenced for the most mild of behaviour.

Hoo boy, this is gonna go south fast.

Before this escalates into a flame war, I'd like to remind both sides to try to keep calm. Especially sense Matt's opinions can be ratger controversial at times (not gonna say anything more on that as I lack the knowledge too.)

Bias and Admin abuse can be frustrating, but please try to keep from saying something you'll regret.

If you think that the wiki is in such a state, and that it can't be fixed, why are you even here? Why are you just wasting your time yelling at what you literally call an echo chamber, expecting it to suddenly work because of the color of your name? Simply being aggressive causes the exact opposite of people listening to you, and you should know this by now. You are the only Admin who acts like this, the only Admin who gets away with ignoring warnings from Ant, and the only Admin who can get away with constantly insulting anyone and everyone who disagrees with you, and yet you have the ******* nerve to shift the blame for your own personal outbursts and comments onto other people, often the literal people you are insulting?

Honestly, you shouldn't have lasted anywhere near as long as you did. Not as an Admin, not even as staff, but as a regular user.

Well, I have similar frustrations with the insufficient reliability of the wiki, but there is only so much that I and other staff members can do about it given that we do not know much about every verse, and sometimes get convinced with false information.

As for the prohibition of overly harsh language, we do not primarily avoid it to spare oversensitive feelings, but rather because it will turn impossible to collaborate and get anything done if everybody are fighting with each other all the time.

Matthew has been of enormous help with the wiki over the years, but if he is feeling very stressed out, perhaps it would be best for him to take a break, relax, and recuperate until he feels better, so he can continue to be productive again after he comes back?

I am here because I actually care for the website. I remember it being great and it being something I sincerely loved and I would rather die trying to help it get back to that state than to abandon it to the rot.

And yes, I believe more people should get away with having the gall to speak their mind and be sincere about problems. If people are simply too scared or too apathetic to do it that's their problem.

Simply saying "Don't like it just leave" solves nothing.

Anyway, as others have said, let's all please calm down and avoid saying things that we regret so this situation does not deteriorate further.

I have a few talks with Matthew before some good and some bad. But I was willing to leave that behind me, but Matthew as a moderator should plant the example. No wonder we have so many people insulting one another in different threads and then they get ban for it. How is that fair? I just saw one of Matthew's recent threads about another verse and he was not actually nice to the people there either. Yelling, ranting, and using satire language isn't the way to have a better understanding of others. You could had easily say "x reason" and close the thread Matthew, but you have chosen on many occasions to "talk" and not in the nicest way about things not related to the topic that come out as satire, ludicrous or insulting to others when those others haven't even been doing anything else but having a normal conversation. There are others won't don't do that as well and just insult Matthew right away for no reason (I was one of those people, but not anymore) however when they are not doing so, Matthew is the one who starts that part of the conversation. Matthew should take those problems elsewhere, that's all I am asking.

You spend vastly effort complaining about the wiki than you do actually trying to fix anything at all, as evidenced by the several threads that seemed to have pissed in your corn flakes today.

Everyone here needs to calm down. Like, NOW.

This is NOT the place to talk about this, this is a private matter that should be discussed with human resources, other staff members, etc. Cluttering up this thread with angry outbursts and insults is NOT going to solve the problem here.

Hl3 or bust said:
You certainly don't act the part of someone who cares.
It's the very definition of "Tough love" being course and rough and still ramaining doesn't show lack of care, if Matthew stopped caring then he'd save himself the trouble and just leave.

Why, if Matthew doesn't care, would he go and make threads about the quality of profiles, downgrading, upgrading and so on, if he didn't care? That's not the work of someone who doesn't care, not even remotely.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Everyone here needs to calm down. Like, NOW.
This is NOT the place to talk about this, this is a private matter that should be discussed with human resources, other staff members, etc. Cluttering up this thread with angry outbursts and insults is NOT going to solve the problem here.
Private my private parts, please. This painful and eye-rolling secrecy accomplishes waddledick on this wiki. VBW actually stands for Versus Bureaucracy Wiki, let's be real, never seen some place which takes so freaking long to do literally anything because of the byzantine amount of protocol and ceremony around.

Well, Matthew's concern for the wiki is very appreciated, and I agree with him that we have to talk openly about things that need to be done better, but nobody is going to be convinced unless logical arguments are presented in a calm and reasonable manner. That is the only way to make things work around here.

Meaning, Matthew is usually (but not always) right during discussions, but lately his presentation and energy for the arguments have been lacking. However, we also shouldn't exaggerate and make him seem much worse than he actually is.

Anyway, this is the entirely wrong place to talk about this issue. It is better to let the HR group talk with Matthew in private.

@Professor

Nothing will ever get done if shit like this isn't public. You should know this.

@Matt

Your complaints amount to nothing more than insults towards verses and the people who like them the vast majority of times. The last time you did anything genuinely helpful was the thread about tabbers, and even then you tried to distort that to suit your narritive.

I don't think that is something report worthy.

He didn't insult personally anyone and just expressed his opinion in the way he decided to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back