• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violations Reports - 53

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Medeus. I will remove the post.

Avoid such crude language please.

Schnee One said:
There is no such thing as being "Not mentally ill" in no such capacity Ant, that is actually insulting.

People can get treated for it, and they can even live with it, but they never lose it.
I do not subscribe to that it is impossible to recover and get better, or that it is offensive to believe that people can change, evolve, and improve. Mentally mostly healthy people can grow unstable for a period of time and then recover. I have personal experience in this area, and know of other cases as well.

However, this is the wrong place for such a discussion.

Can you site some examples?

I wasn't on the thread, and too many posts for me to list in URL format. But, Amexim did tell Matt to "Shut the f*** up" on one of his posts.

Well, I just browsed through the thread, although I tend to mostly focus on the staff posts for long discussions in order to save time.

Anyway, he does have a point in that Matthew shouldn't mock entire verse fandoms in this site, but was definitely too rude in the manner that he was saying it.

Since he has otherwise been a mostly well-behaved and productive member, I think that a warning should be enough though.

Antvasima said:
I know this is off topic, but I assume Matt sent you info on fan. Did you change your mind bringing this up or do you wanna settle this in private with other staff? Just wanted a final update on that

Matthew did not send me further information, no, but after talking with FanofRPGs in private, we decided that it is safest if he receives a few months of therapy before he is allowed to come back.

I only just realized my comment was swallowed, the wiki is really getting in my nerves.

@SupersonicWarriorZ aimed a rather strong, incredibly directly hostile comment at Paulo in the very thread Shadow linked for Amexim's conduct.

I would include a comment he also made to Matthew in another dragonball related thread, but Matthew's prior comment sounded very ill willed so I can't just pin that on SupersonicWarrior.

Should probably be given a light or moderate warning to be more polite and less aggressive.

Err maybe also tell him to change his message wall greeting? It's literally just "F*** off." That and the image on his profile tab makes him seem suspect to me.

WeeklyBattles said:
Half the comments he's made thus far are troll comments on top of that
TBF that's true for a lot of people kek. But seriously, that shouldn't really be a factor.

It's far from anything horrible, but it felt too much like a precedent for answering less than ideal. The first hostile comment didn't even happen in a tense thread.

Well, it's generally a case by case basis. Even the average joke can be considered trolling in some cases, where in others it isn't. All I'm saying is that elaborating is necessary.

Yobo Blue said:
Well, it's generally a case by case basis. Even the average joke can be considered trolling in some cases, where in others it isn't. All I'm saying is that elaborating is necessary.
Unless we want to be Fandom Higher Ups and ignore context.

Okay. Thank you for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back