• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

I trust Promestein's assessment of Raven being allowed back to our wiki, and personally consider LordGinSama to usually be a very productive contributor to this site, so he is always welcome to have his self-imposed block lifted whenever he wants to.

I also think that Fujiwara and him seem to both seem to have behaved rather badly and called each other names to a degree, but do not consider calling somebody else either "braindead" or "a dick" to be very serious insults.

The staff recently created a warning tracker, and one purpose for doing so was to track instances of non-staff interjecting in the RVR thread without a proper reason, i.e. if they were neither accused nor accuser, and were just feeding into the drama or attempting to weigh in on a situation that did not involve them, so that after enough occurrences those people would be thread banned. This has been a common occurrence that has made moderating this thread more difficult, so we have placed a renewed focus on preventing it.

We haven't really discussed this publicly much, so I am giving this big preface just to make sure no one is confused on the situation. Being thread-banned from RVR is not a punishment. If you post without proper reason your comment will simply be deleted, so there is already in-essence a "soft" thread ban, but people who are making reports, offering important information, or defending themselves are allowed to make comments.

If that privilege is abused, the thread ban serves as a "hard" barrier to commenting, such that a moderator will need to be asked to unban you upon notifying them that you have a report to make, or if an individual is accused they will be unbanned to allow them to defend themselves, or they can notify a moderator that they have pertinent information. They will still have the same leeway to participate, it will just take some extra steps because they have shown a consistent propensity for involving themselves without cause.

----------------------

With that explanation out of the way, I believe we should likely threadban @TheMonkeMan from the RVR. He returned from a ban 8 days ago, and since then he has made 7 comments here, 5 of which were deleted, none of which were necessary. He was not reporting anyone (except when he tried to 'report' me and Bambu for being 'unfair' to LordGinSama), he hadn't been reported, he wasn't providing additional information. I cannot link the comments as most of them were deleted, but it happening this often in such a short period of time tells me he's likely to continue doing so, and should be thread banned.

I'll reiterate, a threadban from RVR isn't a punishment, no melodrama is needed about whether it's "deserved" or what not. If he has a valid reason to comment the path to doing so is simply becoming slightly longer given his propensity to comment here out-of-turn, and the high frequency with which he has done so in the week he's been back.

With that explanation out of the way, I believe we should likely threadban @TheMonkeMan from the RVR. He returned from a ban 8 days ago, and since then he has made 7 comments here, 5 of which were deleted, none of which were necessary.
One:
Not to be rude, but I request that you do not ping me.
Two: When did this even happen?
And three: If you want to threadban me, just go ahead dude, it's not a big problem and I won't even try to protest to it, I don't care enough.

Not to be rude, but I request that you do not ping me.
I'm making an RVR report so I am obligated to notify you in some regard.

Two: When did this even happen?
The tracker went up a couple weeks ago, and the discussion about how to handle the problem in RVR occurred before that in private.

And three: If you want to threadban me, just go ahead dude, it's not a big problem and I won't even try to protest to it, I don't care enough.
Very well, thank you for making this simpler. I will do so now.

This user has a total of 6 edits, and has removed time stop from a bunch of Xenoblade profiles. They also keep messing with the code for other links on these profiles though I'd assume thats on accident. I am completely unfamilar with the verse, but it appears as though there was no CRT.

I have reverted the edits, and someone should probably give them a heads up. For what its worth, I dont think they are ill-willed because they dont appear to be aware of the external forum.

This user has a total of 6 edits, and has removed time stop from a bunch of Xenoblade profiles. They also keep messing with the code for other links on these profiles though I'd assume thats on accident. I am completely unfamilar with the verse, but it appears as though there was no CRT.

I have reverted the edits, and someone should probably give them a heads up. For what its worth, I dont think they are ill-willed because they dont appear to be aware of the external forum.
Antvasima posted on his wall, and I also commented.

A new user made edits to the Levi Akerman page seemingly without a CRT and with no linked sources or calcs to back up said ratings.
This is their first edit on the wiki and it's from a new account so I don't believe they are aware of how things work on the Wiki.
In all likelihood it's probably a young inexperienced user who is unfamiliar with Wiki rules.
I have since reverted the edits

I believe a warning is appropriate

This user added wide-sweeping changes to Jugram Haschwalth's profile without a CRT. I don't believe this was done with harmful intent however given the amount of un-troll like work that was done to the profile, such as adding new categories for new abilities, helpful grammatical changes etc. It just seems like they are an inexperienced user who doesn't understand how we operate with our profiles. A warning and explanation of how we run things on the wiki should be sufficient.
Agnaa and I have handled it.

A new user made edits to the Levi Akerman page seemingly without a CRT and with no linked sources or calcs to back up said ratings.
This is their first edit on the wiki and it's from a new account so I don't believe they are aware of how things work on the Wiki.
In all likelihood it's probably a young inexperienced user who is unfamiliar with Wiki rules.
I have since reverted the edits

I believe a warning is appropriate
I handled it.

Not sure if this should be considered report-worthy, but I figure I should ask.

The user @Tyloxtus (wiki message wall here) has repeatedly had issues creating and editing pages. After adding them all to the warning tracker, they've been warned a total of 17 times over the past 18 months. This has continued even today, where I just now deleted a page of theirs.

These warnings have covered a decent variety of issues, but from early on there's been issues that are still present today (not including calculations for statistics).

What should be done, if anything? And if nothing should be done, when should I come back to ask if something should be done?

The user @Tyloxtus (wiki message wall here) has repeatedly had issues creating and editing pages. After adding them all to the warning tracker, they've been warned a total of 17 times over the past 18 months. This has continued even today, where I just now deleted a page of theirs.

These warnings have covered a decent variety of issues, but from early on there's been issues that are still present today (not including calculations for statistics).

What should be done, if anything? And if nothing should be done, when should I come back to ask if something should be done?
Bruh we've literally told him that profile won't cut it and isn't up to par for wiki standards at all in the Legend Of Zelda discussion thread so this definitely isn't an unknown issue on his part

While some of those editing mistakes are fairly minor, that's a pretty staggering amount of mistakes. Cursory judgement tells me that he seems like a decent enough user aside from his apparent trouble with editing to our standards, perhaps we could simply disbar him from editing pages (henceforth considering that a rule violation) until we decide he seems capable of doing so on his own? He could still make use of sandboxes and ask for more skilled users to handle any revisions he's a part of.

I'd rather not take actual action, as it seems to me he is... trying, at least, to comply with quality issues.

Bruh we've literally told him that profile won't cut it and isn't up to par for wiki standards at all in the Legend Of Zelda discussion thread so this definitely isn't an unknown issue on his part
Yeah okay, not listening to that feedback makes me less hopeful that the "run your profiles past other people first" idea will work, but ig it could still be worth a shot.

Will wait for more feedback before applying it.

Last edited:

I honestly think we should better define what constitutes needing a CRT. For the mods it might look like a crazy change, but in the context of the verse it might just seem like the most obvious change in the world. Right now it's pretty subjective on what "controversial enough to need a CRT" even is.

I had already posted it by the time you told me that.
Oh I'm not hawking you there, you're absolutely correct. We didn't know you were making it at all before you posted it but its the comments after that were meh

That said I know you've been wanting thisr to progress and to help with the verse so I personally am not really tripping

I honestly think we should better define what constitutes needing a CRT. For the mods it might look like a crazy change, but in the context of the verse it might just seem like the most obvious change in the world. Right now it's pretty subjective on what "controversial enough to need a CRT" even is.
As I've seen it implemented in the last few years, the changes that don't need CRTs are ones that don't involve changing abilities and stats. Adding extra justifications, examples, fixing grammar, etc. is fine. Although we are more lenient if the person making those substantial changes created the page themselves, and did so recently (in the past few weeks), due to forgetting something when first posting it.

I say "in the last few years" since we used to be a lot looser with that, but for the time you've been on the wiki, I think we've been that strict.

Then,
off-with-their-head.gif

Back