• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

Well, it is no secret that I have a bad sense of judgement regarding social drama, and tend to instinctively try to avoid triggering it, especially when I am distracted by other work, as I did in this case without thinking about it. My apologies for that.

Regardless, I agree that we probably should ban Yuri for a few months for using an incomplete version of that word, even though he very likely did not mean any harm. It is very unfortunate though, as he has otherwise been a productive, knowledgeable, and well-behaved staff member.

I don't think that a permanent demotion seems necessary though. Is it fine if he is allowed to continue helping us out after he is allowed to come back in 3 months?

Also, I will inform @AKM sama and @DontTalkDT about this situation, so they can help out. I think that Yuri needs to be temporarily demoted before we are able to ban him from this forum, due to automatic security settings.

Last edited:
I want a clarification by the way, did the rule on temp. banning repeated derailment cases on RVR, accepted? If so next time onwards I am acting on that, RVR right now is an absolute mess where 3 message reports are elongated to be 30+, and its EVERY. SINGLE. REPORT. because of the EXACT SAME USERS.

Technically speaking, I'm not sure if any kind of demotion is necessary if Quasi will be allowed to continue as moderator once the ban time has completed.
Well, he is usually very knowledgeable, so we need his help, but it depends whether or not it is considered socially acceptable. I am generally rather clueless regarding such areas.

I want a clarification by the way, did the rule on temp. banning repeated derailment cases on RVR, accepted? If so next time onwards I am acting on that, RVR right now is an absolute mess where 3 message reports are elongated to be 30+, and its EVERY. SINGLE. REPORT. because of the EXACT SAME USERS.
There still shouldn't be spammy derailment here of course, especially by regular members.

It was passed and it’s written on the OP

Well, it is no secret that I have a bad sense of judgement regarding social drama, and tend to instinctively try to avoid triggering it, especially when I am distracted by other work, as I did in this case without thinking about it. My apologies for that.

Regardless, I agree that we probably should ban Yuri for a few months for using an incomplete version of that word, even though he very likely did not mean any harm. It is very unfortunate though, as he has otherwise been a productive, knowledgeable, and well-behaved staff member.

I don't think that a permanent demotion seems necessary though. Is it fine if he is allowed to continue helping us out after he is allowed to come back in 3 months?

Also, I will inform @AKM sama and @DontTalkDT about this situation, so they can help out. I think that Yuri needs to be temporarily demoted before we are able to ban him from this forum, due to automatic security settings.
I have no overview regarding the precedents to decide if that is the right amount of time, but generally the approach seems to be in line with what is frequently done on the net.

I have no idea why we should suddenly change your username. That seems like an irrelevant issue here.
It's just that I can't do that myself can I? Iirc I had to ask you last time.
Technically speaking, I'm not sure if any kind of demotion is necessary if Quasi will be allowed to continue as moderator once the ban time has completed.
I think you have to demote someone to ban them.
I would personally prefer if you are willing to come back and continue to help out after 3 months.
Meh, I'll likely forget about it tbh.

It's just that I can't do that myself can I? Iirc I had to ask you last time.
Well, it seems inappropriate to change your username to nonsense. It is just a temporary block. That has happened to plenty of other members here as well, even myself.
I think you have to demote someone to ban them.
I think so as well.
Meh, I'll likely forget about it tbh.
Please place a reminder in your calendar.

Well, it seems inappropriate to change your username to nonsense. It is just a temporary block. That has happened to plenty of other members here as well, even myself.
My username is bad already. A guy with "hdigsindrogd" as a username popping up in a thread sounds better.
Also there's other reasons. Just taking the opportunity to do everything at once.

And I know ban are nothing lmao. I likely would've done so without one. Like what, do I have to have 10 lines of slurs to get a proper one?
Please place a reminder in your calendar.
Don't have one.

My username is bad already. A guy with "hdigsindrogd" as a username popping up in a thread sounds better.
Also there's other reasons. Just taking the opportunity to do everything at once.

And I know ban are nothing lmao. I likely would've done so without one. Like what, do I have to have 10 lines of slurs to get a proper one?

Don't have one.
Well, I think that you already changed your wiki username once, correct? So you cannot change it again according to Fandom's restrictions, and much preferably need to have the same username here. My apologies.

Anyway, it is regrettable that you do not plan to come back here after your ban period is over.

Well, I think that you already changed your wiki username once, correct? So you cannot change it again according to Fandom's restrictions, and much preferably need to have the same username here. My apologies.

Anyway, it is regrettable that you do not plan to come back here after your ban period is over.
So the forum is under fandom restrictions? Weird

Anyway I also just remembered

I made a fake character page on the wiki with another account. Little guy's still here after nearly a year. Most beautiful thing there.

There still shouldn't be spammy derailment here of course, especially by regular members.
Right, so @JTGamer96 @Jibz @DaReaperMan you three recurringly pile onto reports that have NOTHING to do with you, and while your attempts aren't meant by you to be derailment, realize it only serves to extend the report and be an annoyance to staff members who also have to comb through your messages in addition to the actual report, and they add frankly, nothing, you're just saying stuff a staff member already said either before OR after, and sometimes it's not even that, it's filler.

I'll blatantly suggest, unfollow the damn thread, and warn, don't involve yourself in matters of THIS thread, unless they very directly pertain to you, or you add CONTEXT not previously stated. Next time you repeat it, it's a temp ban or a thread ban.

@QuasiYuri Either make a goodbye thread or move to DMs, this isn't the QuasiYuri Goodbye Thread, only so much patience for this blatant a derailment.

I have demoted QuasiYuri in this forum, and will do so in the wiki as well. It should be rather easy to ban them now.

Anyway I also just remembered

I made a fake character page on the wiki with another account. Little guy's still here after nearly a year. Most beautiful thing there.
Given this and other apparent trolling in this thread, should we apply a longer ban period? Staff only should answer.

Okay. Should I apply a 3 months block in the meantime?

Didn’t Matthew get demoted from being staff just because he used the N word to describe a dude he hated? If he gets demoted for using derogatory words I don’t see why Yuri wouldn’t get demoted for the same thing.

He found the problem, and instructed me how to bypass it if a staff member misbehaves in the future.

As you can see, QuasiYuri has been banned now.

Yes, agreed, but it will likely become a much longer block, given all of the above.

I am one-hundred percent sure @QuasiYuri says the N word in this particular post, later edited so no one can see it. Any Staff member can look up the edits to figure this out, I am pretty sure.

I do not care what ethnicity they are, I do not care about the circumstances that lead them to say said word, people of color have been punished for using the N word in the past, thus, this should be no exception.
I will not stand for double-standards on this wiki. Absolutely not.
It's pretty clear to me by reviewing the message that they intended to bypass the filter and use the word in a disparaging manner, the clarification itself is so haphazard that I do not believe even Yuri themselves would buy it.

This alone would be pretty damning for any user, but it is especially disappointing to be coming from someone within our staff because it reflects the community as a whole rather than just the user themselves because we are supposed to be the trusted ones elevated to a higher position, and if someone who is trusted can bypass known filters to throw out disparaging remarks then what does that say for the people that put them on that pedestal?

They added fuel to the fire with some bizarre op or whatever the hell that is which I can only assume was a bad social experiment used to test the wiki's sleuthing ability. Making a sockpuppet as we all know is a serious offense, but using said sock to produce a knowingly fake page (presumably a well crafted one) to go under the noses of everyone only to bring it up when they are subject to a ban is pretty annoying if I must say. This is either an admittedly inspired trolling attempt or something serious and they want us to know not for the betterment of the wiki but to kick the hornet's nest.

With that said, a demotion and permanent ban is without question. They may have been knowledgeable and helpful at a time but I could not possibly care less.

That should be the end of this discussion.

Okay. I have already demoted Yuri, and banned them for 3 months, but I am fine with making the block permanent.

Back