• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

...six months is the same as three months in grand scheme of things, and you did bait him.

Reducing to 3 months is warranted, and make it so if he ***** up next time it's a permaban

I fully agree with The_Impress.
The important is not the opinion in itself, it's how this opinion is given. Saying that a manga is bad, jokingly say that it suck or argumenting why you don't like it is expressing an opinion and at the same time is not disrispectuful against those that like it. The problem is when expressing your opinion you also indirectly or directly attack those that likes it too, and saying that it's a manga for children is disrispectuful against its fans, in my opinion.

The context of something is also important, and understanding why Timmy reacted in such an aggressive way is an important piece of information and the punishment should be regulated according to said context. On a different context, I would say that this reaction should warrant a perma-ban, but given the situation I think that 6 months is too high.

Also, I want to say that I have nothing against you, DbzDB2. I simply don't think a 6 months punishment is fair given the context, and since you are directly involved I have to talk about you and your comments too. Don't take it as a personal attack in any way.

Y'know, we don't need to have a moral for this, this is kinda leading to baiting the other side to react.

Db got warned, end of story, report's resolved. We should be quick regarding this.
Considering that DbzDB2 replied to me a couple of comments ago, I wanted to specify my instance while clarify to them that my comments weren't aimed as a personal attack, and also wanted to reply to Damage to say why I think that DbzDB2 comments mitigates in some way what Timmy did.
If Tommy's ban was reduced to 3 months, than this will be my final comment on the matter.

Considering that DbzDB2 replied to me a couple of comments ago, I wanted to specify my instance while clarify to them that my comments weren't aimed as a personal attack, and also wanted to reply to Damage to say why I think that DbzDB2 comments mitigates in some way what Timmy did.
For the record this should be done on the user's walls next time.

This new user altered Sisu's page by adding a stub to it. Pretty sure we don't use stubs, so I reverted it. They also included the following (faulty) reasoning for claiming the profile is unfinished.
  • The feats are inaccurate due to there not being enough information. According to this article, Sisu's feats are somewhat similar to Raya's. This can't be true because Sisu is a dragon, while Raya is a human.

...honestly I disagree most of the things Dbz2 said is bad, except for fandom-bashing, comparing them to children, essentially

Saying some media is bad in a general discussion isn't exactly worth any personal insults, you go on comics threads basically everyone except me has hot takes to voice on CRTs, let alone discussions.

Like attacking the fandom ITSELF and generalizing it I think is the problematic bit in general kinda elitist and should be asked to stop right then and there, which, @DbzDB2 can you stop being Scorsese over cartoons? Anyone can enjoy whatever they like, it's rare as shit you're enjoying high art or something, and don't go around shit-talking fandoms. Consider this a warning.

I think Timmy's ban should be lowered to 3 months, more manageable, and DbzDB2 should be given a warming, which I just did right now.
I agree with this.

Would you be willing to reduce his block to 3 months, @Damage3245 ?

Also, weren't we supposed to lessen somebody else's block from infinite to the remaining part of his original year-long ban as well?

Do you remember more about that @DarkDragonMedeus ?
Last I remember, I thought that suggestion seem rejected, and I have asked said user if he has any more defense for his sock allegations. But he hasn't responded to me on my wall on Community Central. But that mostly seems to tell me that Styrm, Bobsican, and Kukui are in the right about him. They also raise good points that suicide encouragement and sock puppeting are both permaban worthy offenses yes. But you're talking about @Super Ascended Sean Pazdera. Not to mention, doing those permaban worthy offenses is one thing, but attempting to lie about them only further makes his case worse. Here's more info on what I said to him so far.

From what I have understood Karin is applying an old accepted Sailor Moon revision that they never got around to until now, and is greatly improving the quality of our Sailor Moon pages in the process, but you can politely ask them about it if you wish.

Back