• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

You know what **** it I think this user might be a sock puppet of the user Starlynn and Underneath Somethinghttps://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User:Underneath_somthing

This is due to their grammar of upper case and less lower case and they also rage comments as well as shown here that he raged at us
Are you talking about me...

I understand your point and I think it's valid. I was likely rather overzealous, I just have a paranoia and harshness for users who do not openly show remorse or regret, after repeat offenders have made my sympathy and I look like a fool several times in my life.

Do you think 3 months + Cool Cat being banned is a fair compromise, or do you think we should lower it to 2 months?

I think that we should lower it to 1 month. As AKM said, he only received a warning before.

Yeah and similar profiles were made and were discussed, so him making a seperate discussion thread to argue for the creation of a similar profile.
Just because a decision was made before, considering how often our profiles change and how often we re-evaluate ban lengths and such, doesn’t mean that it is unchangeable.
He saw what was viewed as a contradiction, and brought it up.
He has made half a dozen threads about this in the past year. Our standards don't change that quickly, and it was the same shitty fallacious argument each time; "So THIS character is from a legitimate fighting verse but is only 10-B, so why can't my random 10-B from PSAs that held a gun once get a profile?" His insistence on arguing it at extreme length at every single opportunity despite it being clear that our standards hadn't changed reeks of bad faith and simply trying to force through a revision on the off-chance that people won't notice or will get tired of responding.
So you admit to trying to shut down a valid discussion? You are in the wrong for that, almost all parts of the wiki tend to get talked about in CRT’s and discussion threads, banning a topic just because you don’t like it, even when he can raise new points, isn’t something you should be proud of. Also why is it a problem if he can‘t even make the profile, he has to make a thread discussing its validity (again not bannable.)
Our Discussion Rules contain dozens of banned discussion topics.

While I'm generally against banning verses from future consideration, with how incessant he's been towards Cool Cat I'm okay with doing that for now. I would also prefer a shorter ban, as I generally do.

Is somebody willing to adjust BigSmoke's forum and wiki block period to 1 month instead?

I adjusted his wiki block, but not sure how to handle his Fandom blocked users don't show up on search.

Maybe this is bit too odd but for peoples that want BigSmoke get a permaban or one year ban, do you guys still have a humanity inside?
Ok so I'm sorry for bringing this up, but this is a site ban, we're not ******* killing him off lol, stop overreacting. Humanity isn't a factor in "You can't Vs. Debate here" if anything it is more humane of us to do that, setting them free. Mori was being a completely fine Discussion Moderator there citing his opinion. Stop making it a far bigger deal than it actually is.

Only noting this because this overreaction was being pushed towards Moritzva and making a somewhat minor "offense" of believing in stricter, and honestly this is pretty insulting assertion to make anyways lol

It says he's only banned for 29 minutes. This thread's notification got buried because i didn't know about the weird notif rules, but it seems that the consensus was a one month ban for the account and cool cat profile is just a contraband topic?

If that's right, I fixed it.

AKM agreed with me in private about 1 month.

Anyway. Thank you for fixing the ban period Wokistan.

Somebody else can handle the discussion rule regarding Cool Cat. With the discussion rule being made, I think one month ban is more than enough for him to know what he did and to not be a problematic user again. So I will be shortening it to one month if it hasn't been shortened already.

I will also like to remind our users about the following rule:
Do not derail the Rule Violation Threads with irrelevant nonsense or internal disputes. It is solely for making serious, warranted reports of violations of the Site, Discussion, and Editing Rules, and not for discussion or side comments. Such posts should preferably be removed by the staff, and if a member continues to derail after being repeatedly told to stop, this will result in a temporary ban.

The last report wasn't worth 200 comments of back and forth chatter. Simply put, if a report has been made, leave it to the person who made the report and the person being reported to bring all the facts to the table. If you have some important information regarding the issue, feel free to share. After that, whether a person should be banned or not, or for how long, is NOT your call to make. Leave the decision making to the staff members.

This thread is not supposed to host debates and you are not supposed to argue on these topics. This isn't a CRT and these decisions are not up for voting. We don't want comments like "Should we ban him", "For how long", "I agree with a ban", "I say he should not be banned", "2 mods agree" to clog up the thread. Let the staff do that. If your comment isn't the report itself and if it is not containing important information for or against the report to help the staff reach a decision, then simply don't comment.

Message to admins and discussion mods:

We have got quite a handy feature here. It is called thread/reply ban. If some user(s) are constantly making irrelevant back and forth comments that do not bring any new info to the table regarding the report, please feel free to use it. You can temporarily ban them from replying to this thread alone for an hour, for example. Looking back, I should have used it myself.

AKM makes sense as usual. Thank you for helping out.

Reporting Critikoji2 for posting incredibly inappropriate things on the Discussions feature, such as this or this (if people don't get why the second one is so bad, "tea" refers to "piss" in this instance).

Apologies, BODILY FLUIDS, not piss. Either way it's a very overt reference to that scene. And even if it wasn't the Smash or Pass series of posts are...atrocious.

Excuse me did you not see the post from AKM sama above? If you don't possess any more relevant information to this case then I would suggest to not continue debating pointlessly until another staff member gets here. Meme or not this is not appropriate.

I looked over the images, and I believe a warning should be issued.

Additionally, it's good to know someone is looking over the painful abyss that is Fandom's discussion boards. Nice work, and good catch.

Though, to play the opposite side, Oblivion offering context on the image is relevant information, in my opinion - personally, I'd like to know more about what the context here actually is, as I haven't ever watched Re:Zero. Regardless of the second image, the first image is definitely not what we're allowing, so a warning is in order either way.

Smash or Pass threads...uhh yeah, those things have the potential to spiral out to different territories from previous experiences. A warning to not make such threads sounds like a good starting point.

AKM is correct about Oblivion. He is part of our special Discussions staff.

I am not sure how we should signify that in this forum though.

Anyway, is somebody willing to give the above mentioned member a warning instruction?

Never mind. I read the posts, and think that he should get a block for vulgar content.

I think, since it's only two posts and one seems to be a verse-specific meme, a warning is in order (just, to give him a chance to understand what he did wrong), but if the majority of staff agrees to a block then a one-month block or so seems fine.

Back