• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

Deagonx banned thread me from a staff thread because i posted a question on a thread (asking if infinite sized universe can have finite energy because one of the argument was that the universe had finite energy). And have say that i only got authorisation to say a quick thing when it's false. Crimson give me authorisation to debate normaly.

Banning someone for being suicidal seems a bit cruel, to say the least
Falls here, unfortunately:
Suicide: You are NOT allowed to ask how you can kill yourself, and you are especially not allowed to post suggestions or to encourage other people to do it. The latter will result in an immediate ban without any warning.

Deagonx banned thread me from a staff thread because i posted a question on a thread (asking if infinite sized universe can have finite energy because one of the argument was that the universe had finite energy). And have say that i only got authorisation to say a quick thing when it's false. Crimson give me authorisation to debate normaly.
You can delete my message later but i want to bring this out again to be resolved

I got his authorization mixed up with another user, but it turns out he did ask Firestorm for permission, got told no, and then went to Crimson instead.

Regardless, I stand by my above decision. He was asked to hold off from the arguing and refused to do so repeatedly, so I gave him a temporary thread ban.

Banning someone for being suicidal seems a bit cruel, to say the least
Simply "being Suicidal" is not ban worthy at all period. Otherwise, even some of the highest up staff members on this entire forum would have been a long time ago, myself included. But if one is suicidal, there are appropriate ways and inappropriate ways to handle it.

Literally making a thread just to ask for ways to commit suicide in hopes that people would actually encourage some of those methods is literally going far and intentionally spewing drama. And yeah, especially if threads like that are made out of bait and thus intentionally mocking people who struggle with that. This is a case where Sniper clearly was dumping this type of stuff inappropriately and crosses trolling territory. This is not something we should be tolerating here at all.

I got his authorization mixed up with another user, but it turns out he did ask Firestorm for permission, got told no, and then went to Crimson instead.

Regardless, I stand by my above decision. He was asked to hold off from the arguing and refused to do so repeatedly, so I gave him a temporary thread ban.
I asked crimson first in discord and firestorm after since crimson was ocupied. You don't need to lie to have your agument you know

You was the one that continued the arguing in first and asked me to stop after ignoring part of my comment. (And you asked me one time to hold off)

Literally making a thread just to ask for ways to commit suicide in hopes that people would actually encourage some of those methods is literally going far and intentionally spewing drama. And yeah, especially if threads like that are made out of bait and thus intentionally mocking people who struggle with that. This is a case where Sniper clearly was dumping this type of stuff inappropriately and crosses trolling territory. This is not something we should be tolerating here at all.
I'm pretty sure Sniper was asking how to delete their account, no clue how you got "asking for ways to commit suicide" from that,
A harsh warning like Damage said would have sufficed anyway

Well, either I get shutdown pretty quickly, or this actually makes a difference... Let's see how this goes.

This thread here. It pertains to Nasuverse. Now- Ignoring the fact that I enjoy the Fate series- The fact that this CRT was made in Staff Discussion, I believe, is a problem.

The Staff Discussion section is specifically for "Discussions regarding important wiki projects, policy or explanation page revisions and controversial revisions."
I am of the belief that this thread, at most, could only apply for the controversial part of this- But even then, there are far more controversial topics that get brought up in other forum's. As such, I don't believe this fits the criteria for a Staff Discussion per say.

Furthermore, in the discussion rules, specifically for Content Revisions, there are multiple instances where it is advised/suggested that one seeks out knowledgeable members of the verse/Knowledgeable Members are allowed to grant their input.

"To get better input in a content revision thread, inspect the knowledgeable members list for verses to get information about the people who know much about a franchise, and leave polite notices on their message walls that ask them to participate in the discussion. If staff members are present, they can also use the @Username command to send automatic notifications to others. However, this does not work for regular members."

"Before making sweeping or significant changes to characters or verse pages, please start a thread in the Content Revision forum first, so that the suggestions may be evaluated by the Staff and the community at large, to ensure that they are acceptable."

"Input from highly respected members of the community, such as experts on the topic, should be taken into consideration when determining the necessary level of review and approval."

"Staff members and trusted knowledgeable members who do not have content revision thread evaluation rights are still encouraged to provide their insights and observations regarding suggested revisions."

"The input and comments of these staff members and trusted knowledgeable members should be carefully considered by those with evaluation rights, and may influence the final decision regarding the approval of a content revision."

Now, the problem with this is that with the thread being in Staff Discussion, this heavily limits Knowledgeable Members from being able to grant input and clarifying things that Staff may not know about the verse, which can lead to a Uneducated Decision. This is not to bash on any staff member whatsoever, but it's simply a fact that sometimes, a Staff Member may be unaware of something that normal members may know, and with this thread as is, the ability for said Members to spread awareness of relevant information is limited.

Furthermore, it is explicitly stated in the rules, "Before making sweeping or significant changes to characters or verse pages, please start a thread in the Content Revision forum first", something which this thread, explicitly, does not.

Now, I know that it was said that Qawsedf234 granted Permission for this thread to be posted where it was, but frankly, and no offense to the staff member in question, if this truly is the case, then I believe that said Staff Member may have made quite the mistake here. This thread being in the Staff Discussion leads to a severe limiting of Members being able to grant their input- Input which is heavily favored and reinforced by our rules as something that should, in fact, be given.

Now, I won't say I know the full story- And it appears that some staff members were tired of certain normal members arriving in similar thread's and potentially derailing- But that is no excuse to put this thread in the Staff Discussion Forum. People shouldn't just be allowed to put a CRT in Staff Discussion solely because some Normal Members may have derailed similar threads in the past. I know for sure that if I tried to do such a thing, I could very well end up being the topic of discussion here, myself.

"But KingStrategist, can't Normal Members just ask to comment there?"

They certainly can- But it is far from guaranteed that they will be allowed to do so. This makes sense for many staff discussions wherein important revisions that only trusted members should be able to speak about take place- But this simply isn't applicable here. This isn't something that will affect the entire wiki, nor is it affecting a verse as grand as, say, DC (No offense Nasuverse Fans)- Even then, most of the DC revisions I've gotten a glimpse of (Which are far, far more controversial from what I can tell) take place outside of Staff Discussion. All in all, It just doesn't make sense to limit input from Normal Members at all here, let alone to this degree.

And a Disclaimer- This report isn't being made against Qawsedf234 or any other Staff Member (Trust me- I learned my lesson there), but rather, it's being made against the thread itself, and if need be, the one who made it. It is ultimately up to the staff both if action is taken or not, and what action exactly is taken, but I would personally suggest that the thread be moved to the Content Revision Forum- The right place for CRT's that are of this scale, a place where, as the rules bring up time and time again as something that should be promoted, Normal Members are allowed to come in and give their two cents.

Well, that's it for this report- One I hope won't end up terribly, at least. Even if this doesn't make any difference, thank you for the valuable time spent reading this, and I hope you all have a good day.

Edit: wait I'm stupid while I was making this entire thing it looks like this topic was already being discussed above me -_-

I prefer it to be a staff discussion thread as, similar to MG, it is a verse where very very strong opinions run wild, and even with the limited participation it has already become a bit messy.

The contentions in question are clear, what's needed is the full body of evidence and for staff to assess it.

But this isn't really an RVR report.

I prefer it to be a staff discussion thread as, similar to MG, it is a verse where very very strong opinions run wild, and even with the limited participation it has already become a bit messy.

The contentions in question are clear, what's needed is the full body of evidence and for staff to assess it.

But this isn't really an RVR report.
Yeah but to have the full body of evidence, the knowledge member who are not staff member need to be able to comment. (At least some of them)

The best thing would be to ask us what feat you want so we can show them then give your opinion and continue like this with the different feat.

So in the end you guy have enough knowledge to see what can be done.

Yeah but to have the full body of evidence, the knowledge member who are not staff member need to be able to comment. (At least some of them)
Several such members have already commented very long arguments against the thread and further clarified their views and arguments throughout the discussion with Chase. They will be able to give more input later when it is needed, but we can't just have Chase and Paul restating their opinions at each other back and forth in perpetuity.

Simply "being Suicidal" is not ban worthy at all period. Otherwise, even some of the highest up staff members on this entire forum would have been a long time ago, myself included. But if one is suicidal, there are appropriate ways and inappropriate ways to handle it.

Wait a minute. I thought that he just asked for a ban since he feels suicidal.

Um... Not really sure if this belongs here, but it is a rather... questionable (awful) profile.

Um... Not really sure if this belongs here, but it is a rather... questionable (awful) profile.

I have deleted it already, and also, what Dread said is correct.

Threads discussing suicide should be discouraged by any means. Lephyr was right to bring it to me and ask and I think it's right to shut it down. If users are struggling (and I have been there) should speak to a professional or someone close to them- if you must go to the wiki, we ought to shut that down and handle it more privately (such as Ant sending his mental health advice thing).

Yes, of course we should delete such threads and posts. I am just saying that banning people simply for having suicidal thoughts seems like a destructive overreaction.
Indeed, our intervention is only necessary in cases where members are promoting or inciting suicide, as this behavior is deemed unethical and intolerable

Wait a minute. I thought that he just asked for a ban since he feels suicidal.
Ya, I assume DDM misunderstood it. The OP content is nowhere suicidal encouraging.
The way I interpreted it was his OP said, "What is one way he could have his account terminated for no chance for return." And when he randomly said that, it sounded like if he was asking if that could be one method (Which is obviously a really bad thing to resort to). And his OP was still worded awkwardly as opposed to him specifically asking how does he shut down his account manually. And he could have just said something like, "I am feeling depressed and possibly struggling with suicide to the point where I simply don't want to be here anymore" as opposed to how casual sounding way he said "Suicide maybe?"

It was more so the way he worded it rather than him simply mentioning it is what was raising tension. But regardless, I think what Bambu said was the rightful outcome.

Several such members have already commented very long arguments against the thread and further clarified their views and arguments throughout the discussion with Chase. They will be able to give more input later when it is needed, but we can't just have Chase and Paul restating their opinions at each other back and forth in perpetuity.
The several such members you mention happen to be basically just me (outside of Paul) who you ban threaded (because i reposted a comment you didn't even tell me why you deleted and that could had an importance and that you mixed up me with someone else for the authorisation.)

Like now you and Paul are litteraly doing what you tell you didn't want.

@Mr._Bambu @DarkDragonMedeus @Deagonx

Can you investigate and try to find a peaceful and reasonable solution to the issue mentioned by Regidian in the last post of this thread please?
It's fairly straightforward. A user sought permission to make a thread downgrading the Fate/Nasuverse cosmology in Staff Discussion from Qawsedf, who granted it.

Some of the supporters of the verse are upset that it was made a staff discussion thread and want more free reign to comment, but given how volatile of a subject it is I think it should remain in staff discussion and I think Qawsedf was right to permit it.

It's not really RVR related, but they've brought it up here, on my wall, on Discord, in my private messages, et cetera.

My stance remains firm. We don't need a dozen people arguing at once. Firestorm and I are discussing it in the thread with one of the main supporters and knowledgeable mods on the subject

It's fairly straightforward. A user sought permission to make a thread downgrading the Fate/Nasuverse cosmology in Staff Discussion from Qawsedf, who granted it.

Some of the supporters of the verse are upset that it was made a staff discussion thread and want more free reign to comment, but given how volatile of a subject it is I think it should remain in staff discussion and I think Qawsedf was right to permit it.

It's not really RVR related, but they've brought it up here, on my wall, on Discord, in my private messages, et cetera.

My stance remains firm. We don't need a dozen people arguing at once. Firestorm and I are discussing it in the thread with one of the main supporters and knowledgeable mods on the subject
It being like that is not that bad, i already tell it, but the temporary ban thread you give me. I'm pretty sure the reason are not enough to get one and having Paul as a sole defender in a such important thread is clearly weird.

Last edited:

I feel like you are being too paranoid that we'll get an another MG situation which aren't true at all

Yes we can have a banter but it's not like we're devolving into such madness like that, i get where did you come from but it's still unfair
And we can just select some of users instead allowing all, you know? We have Regi, and if helpful, Mageman can help as well

As i said again, Nasuverse is on low of human resources which made things difficult to us
If you still hasn't change mind then might as well i'll bring this issue so many times until the end of time

I'm very sorry with my presence here but this is the only time where i need to step in regarding this issue

Back