• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

wait what. I dont think i got a warning for doing it beforehand

anyway yeah, according to good ol problemexe i copy pasted stuff from other wiki

only problem is...i see so many damn people copy paste stuff and yet im the only person that is getting reported for such a thing. its ridiculous
Did you copy-paste large segments of content from other wikis to pages in our wiki or just into content revision threads? The former is not allowed, although the latter is not a problem.

just content revision threads. none of my crts got accepted sadly
Okay. Then you have not broken our rules.

It is also allowed to use a part of the same references as other wikis use, if they have first been accepted in content revision threads here in this forum, but definitely not to directly plagiarise their content to a significant degree.

Okay. Then you have not broken our rules.

It is also allowed to use a part of the same references as other wikis use, if they have first been accepted in content revision threads here in this forum, but definitely not to directly plagiarise their content to a significant degree.
Alright, I will keep this in my mind!

But he did not seem to behave particularly badly this time. Isn't a permanent ban too harsh?
Telling this to someone while has been warned multiple times for aggressive and restless behavior and been banned and then still insulting again
I already know how dumb you usually are and stubborn
Due to your tiny pathetic brain you probably didn't understand a thing I just said
He's being clearly aggressive with those insults so the ban seems warranted and he even said that he didn't wanted the be in this wiki and throws insults before getting banned last time.

So what did you want to expect? That the user will behave worse a little more to consider the behavior then so extreme and so ban him??? Please let's not forget his past behaviour, tho idc for how long the user should have been banned, was bambu who did it so not my business.

Well, I just think that the length of the ban in question may have been a bit extreme.
I mean the ban isn't because they are doing extreme things, it's because they aren't changing. If they make it clear they will continue with the behavior presented, what's the point in a temporary ban? They'll just come back and do the same thing. Might as well just ban them permanently at that point. Might sound stupid but I think the best option is a warning. Perma ban does kinda feel bad for a small infraction and a temp ban clearly isn't a solution. Give a severe warning about his attitude and if no improvement is shown, perma ban away regardless of seriousness.

Yeah, the real reason Ego is being banned is because he is a self admitting crazed egomaniac. Which I normally don't like using usernames as a motivation for allegations, but this is a rare case where his username is quite literal to his character. But last time he was banned, he openly admitted that he was trolling deliberately just to get banned and which he got banned for 3 months, and Bambu promised if he acted up again, it will be permanent. Which he did exactly that and now he is permabanned.

I think Ego is deserving of a ban because he clearly isn't open to change nor contributing significantly, which is often the defense for members with substantial post counts. He is unapologetically trying to just fight with the most baseline schoolyard tier shit imaginable. There's no point keeping him around if that's all he wants.

I suppose I could have waited for more staff input, but I don't think it'll matter if we unbanned him, as I'm certain as to what we could expect if we did.

I know. This can easily become a highly controversial situation. But I also don't believe that just because someone has great Power on the wiki, that we should turn a blind eye to what they do. I advise that this be taken with the upmost seriousness and calmness capable.

I believe that what the user @Antvasima has posted here is in direct violation of our site rules. I believe that in this post, Antvasima showed

• Blatant and Belligerent Disrespect to other User's
  • A lack of reasonability and open mindedness

Not only have multiple members already scolded Antvasima for this behavior, but some have seemingly shown to think this is also a highly disrespectful and closed minded comment on Antvasima's part. Usually though, I wouldn't really report something like this, if it was a one time deal. But the member's surrounding these events have indicated that this is a consistent occurrence, which looking at the thread, it does appear to be. This can be seen if you look into the previous message's and message's coming after the reported one in this thread.

Antvasima's constant response is to apologize, before also citing his personality type, and how he can be blunt at time's. But, while it can be understandable that a Personality can cause one to accidentally offend, repeated offenses cannot just be excused with this. When it happen's over and over again, one would think someone would either learn what they're doing wrong and stop it, or at least take less involvement to reduce the risk of offending someone. This has been a cycle of Antvasima acting in a inappropriate and offensive manner, being called out for it, apologizing, attempting to explain his actions with his Blunt nature, before reverting soon after to this behaviour.

This is frankly unacceptable, and I believe that action should be taken accordingly in regards to this.

I would also like to clarify that I hold no quarrel with Antvasima, should such a accusation be made. As a matter of fact, I hold little opinion beyond being thankful for the help he has provided to the wiki. But I find that the action's here are a inexcusable loop that require's attention and due action.

With all this said however, I have no direct involvement with this situation, nor do I hold any further information about it. So unless Staff explicitly request's for my input (Which I believe need not be the case), I will refrain from messaging this thread in reference to this report as per the guideline's laid out for this thread. I sincerely hope that this report is followed up with the correct action's, and that things remain productive and as civil as possible here.
Please take that to Human Resources than here

Strictly speaking I don't believe that Antvasima's posts there warrant a serious punishment, but HR can at least address it with Antvasima and find a way to stop it from happening again.
understandable, I know that even being bureaucrat does not mean you are above the rules but I still find it hard to believe even the bureaucrat of this site breaking rules.

Back