• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

BlackCurrent was behaving just fine and wasn't being harsh to anyone. Plus he's only bringing it up in context to tell people to drop Anos. And his 3rd post was basically him doing and reminding people what the thread was suppose to be about. It sounded more like several others were the ones doing the derailment.

Also, I reversed Jibz's ban as well. People should just take a step back and not be so trigger happy. Make a decision when you're calm and such.
Considering the semi-recent events with Confluctor and Jibz having bans reversed even when explicitly asking for Perma-Bans, could I ask us to re-review the case of DemonicDude? The incident that got them banned came very out of the blue, and iirc they would have only received a 6 month ban had they not requested a permanent one. Of course that time-frame has not nearly been reached yet, but if it would be possible to reduce their ban and allow them to come back after serving a suitable period I believe the wiki would benefit

Considering the semi-recent events with Confluctor and Jibz having bans reversed even when explicitly asking for Perma-Bans, could I ask us to re-review the case of DemonicDude? The incident that got them banned came very out of the blue, and iirc they would have only received a 6 month ban had they not requested a permanent one. Of course that time-frame has not nearly been reached yet, but if it would be possible to reduce their ban and allow them to come back after serving a suitable period I believe the wiki would benefit
He did apologize for his actions later iirc, and was nice to me on DMs. But I did say I was willing to lift his ban if he asks a staff that he's okay with it.

I do not remember seeing him misbehaving in the past in any case.

He more so intentionally tried to be controversial because he was most likely going through some really bad mental health situations and thought he wanted to be permabanned. Though as I mentioned, it would have been more preferable if he asked to be permabanned.

Though as I said before, I'm perfectly fine with shortening his ban; it's been two months and outside if being permabanned being his desire, the action would have warranted 6 months after rechecking. Given July 28th was when his ban was applied, that would make 6 months from that period being January 28th, 2023 his expiration ban. If some feel it should be shortened further, I'm also open for other suggestions.

Well given the likelihood the issues were fuelled by mental health, which may not be an issue as of current day, I feel a 6 month maximum, with an ability to appeal at an earlier date pending staff approval for a return would be preferable from my POV
I agree with Pika on this sentiment.

A 6 month maximum ban, with the ability ask staff to come back at an earlier date sounds good to me.

DD was genuinely a great person to be around up until that point. He obviously had mental health issues (we had brief talks about it before), so hopefully by his expiration date he recovers.

I agree with adding to OP that requests to be permabanned should say it belongs in either All purpose requests threads or messaging an Admin; whether via message walls or PMs. I was also about to mention that being a general site rule too. And that it should be a polite message, and obviously users shouldn't deliberately do something ban worthy just because they want a ban (Otherwise it might be harsher ban than what they were looking for or better yet, staff may be unwilling to let them back even if they change their mind)

Is the following text acceptable to add to the first post in this thread?

"Do not request a permanent or temporary ban for yourself in this particular thread. Rather, either directly ask an active administrator via their message wall (who should mention your request as the ban reason) or use our all purpose requests thread.

You should also not do anything deliberately ban-worthy in conjunction. Rather, just politely ask about it instead.

If you change your mind later, you can ask our administrators to lift your bans via their message walls in another wiki than VS Battles, such as Community Central."

Also, should it be added to our Discussion Rules page as well?

Thank you for the reply. What about our other staff members here?

I only added it to the first post of this thread though. Should it be added to our discussion rules page as well?

Well, on second though, I do not think that a rule for a specific thread seems general enough to place it in our discussion rules page.

I was actually going to say that. I think just leaving it here is enough. We don't need to make the biggest deal in the world about it by adding it to the general Discussion Rules.

Speedster is asking if they can make vs matches again.

Here is the original report. Are they permanently banned from making them, or was it only a 3 month ban?

Back