• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

Reporting Purgy for his behavior on this thread here.

He's been resorting to making insults to me just because I'm calling him out on a point he's making, something other users in the same thread have pointed out, to which he has doubled down and does not care if he gets reported. I suggest a warning for this guy, if he's been reported in the past for the same type of behavior then I believe a ban should be in order.
Yeah he was a little feisty. I said on a couple of threads He was involved in to remain civil

Man was literally so unnecessarily harsh to everyone. Like, I get that you might get frustrated because people might use arguments that were already countered/refuted by you earlier, but chill, Jesus Christ. No need to talk about how someone can't read shit unless it's very clear that they didn't read a thing.

Man was literally so unnecessarily harsh to everyone. Like, I get that you might get frustrated because people might use arguments that were already countered/refuted by you earlier, but chill, Jesus Christ. No need to talk about how someone can't read shit unless it's very clear that they didn't read a thing.
Over a bunch of Cartoon Characters at that lol

Well, I'll be looking if he vandalize other profile

Purgy has been unusually hostile towards AKM in another thread last week as well.

It's not something he has been reported for before as far as I know but I think that a change in attitude is needed.
How exactly is calling AKM Sama out for hand waving the majority of my post hostile?

Basically a witch hunt at this point, sure I might have been overly direct in some of my posts but to claim any of it is even warn worthy let alone ban worthy is hillarious.

If claiming Glassman is having trouble reading my posts after he repeatedly strawmans me, misconstrues the evidence used and commits multiple other fallacies in a handful of posts and calling out AKM Sama for knowingly ignoring most of my post is ban worthy, then go ahead, ban me, if the rules are that easily bendable here to punish people then I don't want to be here.

Basically a witch hunt at this point, sure I might have been overly direct in some of my posts but to claim any of it is even warn worthy let alone ban worthy is hillarious.
First of all, you're unnecessarily rude for literally no reason. I don't think anyone suggested a ban, from what I remember, but I'll check again. Even then, a mere warning should be fine.

First of all, you're unnecessarily rude for literally no reason. I don't think anyone suggested a ban, from what I remember, but I'll check again. Even then, a mere warning should be fine.
A ban was definitely suggested

I debate with people how they debate with me, if they accuse me of lying, strawman me, misconstrue arguments etc I'm going to respond in a direct and seemingly somewhat aggressive way in turn.

I debate with people how they debate with me, if they accuse me of lying, strawman me, misconstrue arguments etc I'm going to respond in a direct and seemingly somewhat aggressive way in turn
Saying people are blind and can’t read shit when they haven’t been nearly as toxic as that is completely uncalled for. Anyway, I don’t support a ban, so there’s that.

Saying people are blind and can’t read shit when they haven’t been nearly as toxic as that is completely uncalled for. Anyway, I don’t support a ban, so there’s that.
I never said he was blind

Yes I said "Every post you make just further convinces me that you can't read for shit", because he was constantly making me repeat things that I'd answered previously and strawmanning me, not only that but he was clearly attempting to misconstrue the text to fit his argument.

You can't blame me for being annoyed by this.

I know. I'm saying it. Because that's seems like why you think this. I just read through that whole thread again
I don't care if someone disagrees with me, no idea what gave you that idea.

I care if someone disagrees for the sake of disagreeing, Glassman is entitled to have his own opinion on that thread, which is why I said I had given up trying to convince him very early on, however, that doesn't mean I'm just going to ignore his posts.

don't care if someone disagrees with me, no idea what gave you that idea.
That thread gave me that idea.
I care if someone disagrees for the sake of disagreeing, Glassman is entitled to have his own opinion on that thread, which is why I said I had given up trying to convince him very early on, however, that doesn't mean I'm just going to ignore his posts
You don't have to, of course. But telling people to "brush up on their reading skills" is kinda uneeded. Disagreement is a natural thing as we're all independent human beings, but as stated earlier, just because it's there, doesn't mean someone is strawmanning you, or any other fallacy. I know you "didn't say that", just leaving there.

That thread gave me that idea.
You don't have to, of course. But telling people to "brush up on their reading skills" is kinda uneeded. Disagreement is a natural thing as we're all independent human beings, but as stated earlier, just because it's there, doesn't mean someone is strawmanning you, or any other fallacy. I know you "didn't say that", just leaving there.
Again, I apologize for that, but his constant strawman arguments, making me repeat every other argument and misconstruing the text evidence was extremely annoying, there's a limit to how courteous you can be after arguing against that.

He was blatantly using strawman arguments, I'm not just saying that because he disagreed with me, hell not a single person agreed with me in that thread, it's not like I was accusing them of making strawman arguments.

I need to go to sleep soon, but could you please take it to message walls or DMs to avoid cluttering the RVR thread more?

Also, I do notice that Purgy has been quite harsh and especially towards AKM on that Bleach thread, though I don't think he needs a ban but a final warning seems reasonable based on my understanding of the conversation going on above.

Back