• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kratos Resistance to Fate Manipulation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed on Kratos's profile that he has resistance to Fate Manipulation;
Resistance to Fate Manipulation (The Sisters of Fate, who determine the destinies of the Gods and Titans, were unable to use their powers to actually force Kratos to lose thanks to the powers he gained from Pandora's Box, resulting in Kratos killing them instead)
However, The Sisters of Fate were still able to manipulate Kratos's fate, they just weren't able to make him directly lose

As it says in the linked evidence, Kratos's fate was changed by The Sisters of Fate, they put numerous obstacles in his path as it explicitly states, which is what Kratos spends most of the second game overcoming, they just couldn't actually directly force him to lose, however, his fate was still manipulated.

Clotho even suggests that Lahkesis and Atropos are the reason Kratos has gotten as far as he has, which again, suggests they're manipulating his fate

Not only this, but Lahkesis herself says it was her who allowed Kratos to survive the Island of Creation, which is relevant because this happens after Kratos gets the Power of Hope and the resistance to Fate Manipulation, so Lahkesis aided Kratos by manipulating his fate favorably.

Be warned, the video contains slight nudity

That's two examples of the Sisters manipulating Kratos's fate after he gains The Power of Hope, his resistance is that he can't be made to directly lose by manipulating his fate, but his fate can still be manipulated.

Doesn't that warrant a limited resistance instead of a full one?

Where does the scan remotely say that them putting obstacles in his path have anything to do with manipulating fate? Because the two lines of him “developing a will not controlled by the determination of his fate” and “him escaping their rule” says otherwise.

Lakheisis saying she let him go sounds more like a lie if they tried to put obstacles in his path to prevent him from getting in. The second example is not even a legit anti feat when he defies their fate again. If he didn’t resist it he wouldn’t be in God of War 3 and 4. So again where’s the proof that the obstacles are a product of manipulating fate?

Where does the scan remotely say that them putting obstacles in his path have anything to do with manipulating fate?
That's how the Sisters of Fate do things... By manipulating fate, it's pretty clear that they put obstacles in his path by manipulating his fate, but hey, it's not like it's the only evidence that they can still do so.
Because the two lines of him “developing a will not controlled by the determination of his fate” and “him escaping their rule” says otherwise.
Something that is being developed isn't finished, he's still able to be affected by them.
If he has somehow escaped our rule
Which he clearly hasn't as Lahkesis still manipulated his fate right up until he fights the Sisters of Fate as she herself states.

It's weird how you treat statements made by the Sisters of Fate as fact but ignore the statement by Clotho that says Lahkesis and Atropos have been individually manipulating his fate, which again, is still after Kratos gains PoH.
Lakheisis saying she let him go sounds more like a lie if they tried to put obstacles in his path to prevent him from getting in.
Great counter argument "Lahkesis is lying but I have no evidence I'm just pulling it out of my ass because I can't refute it"

Saying Lahkesis is lying isn't going to cut it I'm afraid, she verbatim says she allowed Kratos to make it to the temple and it's strongly hinted she aided him in other ways as well due to admiration for him.
The second example is not even a legit anti feat when he defies their fate again
It's a fine antifeat, it just further proves that Kratos's fate can still be manipulated by The Sisters, albeit not in a way that leads to him directly losing.
  • Lahkesis and Atropos being stated to have manipulated Post Power of Hope Kratos's fate? Yes
  • Putting obstacles in his path? Yes
  • Altering his fate so that he successfully makes it to the Temple of the Fates? Yes
The only thing Kratos's resistance prevents is him being made to directly lose, which is something already mentioned on his profile
If he didn’t resist it he wouldn’t be in God of War 3 and 4. So again where’s the proof that the obstacles are a product of manipulating fate?
I never argued Kratos doesn't resist Fate Manipulation, you could have come up with a better strawman.

Kratos does have resistance to Fate Manipulation, that's pretty clear, this is noted on several instances, however, it's not a complete resistance because they're evidently still able to manipulate his fate, just unable to make him directly lose, which again, is something that's already noted on his profile, he can't be forced to lose by them.

So you’re telling me that having booby traps and monsters fight Kratos is manipulating Fate? Is that your argument? By this logic anyone in fiction can manipulate fate because they have obstacles to throw at anyone.

Did you bother reading the scan you’re using when they flat out point out how they cannot affect him at all? Because it doesn’t say anything about them affecting him.

you mean the same person that tries to pluck his string but couldn’t do a thing about it? The very thing said in the scan you posted?

Ok so you’re not going to bother read the scan that said they couldn’t do anything about his fate whatsoever as an attempt to say I’m pulling shit out of my ass. Her talking to her own sisters about how they cannot be able to manipulate Kratos’ fate, the same guy that’s not on their side as he’s clearly trying to kill them. Is proof that she’s lying to him about them controlling his own fate. Why would they lie to each other that Kratos’ fate can’t be manipulated if they’re on the same side?

no it doesn’t, if it can be manipulated in general then he wouldn’t beat the sisters at all. They’d at best manipulate his fate to die or at worst manipulate it to where he couldn’t kill then, something that clearly didn’t happen.

*The novel scan of them being unable to manipulate his fate says otherwise.
*Again by your own logic anyone who puts any obstacle, like monsters and booby traps to stop someone from progressing is manipulating fate.
*So why are they putting obstacles against Kratos if they’re supposedly let him in? Answer that question because it makes no sense given the context of the novels.

you still haven’t given me proof on the obstacle part being remotely a fate thing as opposed to a general “traps and monsters” thing so I’m assuming you have no evidence now.

That's how the Sisters of Fate do things... By manipulating fate, it's pretty clear that they put obstacles in his path by manipulating his fate, but hey, it's not like it's the only evidence that they can still do so.
Wrong.
Thats not even how their threads work.

You don't put X, Y, Z into his path by manipulating his thread. You need to manipulate threads of X,Y,Z. Which they did.
Hell Atropos even manipulates certain Gods without threads using good old politics to meddle with Kratos, since she wanted to be stealthy.
Something that is being developed isn't finished, he's still able to be affected by them.
When did they affect him tho?
If affecting him was so easy then why go in past to break the Blade of Gods?
The scan alone debunks this notion, when Clotho isn't even able to affect Kratos in the most simplest of ways when she tampers with it.
Great counter argument "Lahkesis is lying but I have no evidence I'm just pulling it out of my ass because I can't refute it"
Bruh....after the cutscene couldn't be more blatant in its protrayal of how hoax the confidence is that Fates put up. The scan alone is proof of how freaked out they are in their solitude, in contrast the the puffed up front they put on against Kratos.
Saying Lahkesis is lying isn't going to cut it I'm afraid, she verbatim says she allowed Kratos to make it to the temple and it's strongly hinted she aided him in other ways as well due to admiration for him.
Blatantly goes against what is shown in game.
Gaia and Titans was the only one who aided him.
Which as as scan even says, they hated.

So I need proof from you that she manipulated his thread into making him win.
It's a fine antifeat, it just further proves that Kratos's fate can still be manipulated by The Sisters, albeit not in a way that leads to him directly losing.
Proof?
Lahkesis and Atropos being stated to have manipulated Post Power of Hope Kratos's fate? Yes
Proof?
Putting obstacles in his path?
Not relevant in manipulating his Fate.
Altering his fate so that he successfully makes it to the Temple of the Fates? Yes
Proof?
I never argued Kratos doesn't resist Fate Manipulation, you could have come up with a better strawman.

Kratos does have resistance to Fate Manipulation, that's pretty clear, this is noted on several instances, however, it's not a complete resistance because they're evidently still able to manipulate his fate, just unable to make him directly lose, which again, is something that's already noted on his profile, he can't be forced to lose by them
For which you have provided no evidence.
The scan goes against you.

So you’re telling me that having booby traps and monsters fight Kratos is manipulating Fate? Is that your argument? By this logic anyone in fiction can manipulate fate because they have obstacles to throw at anyone.
What are you talking about? They control the fate of every living creature, having Kratos encounter some monsters, traps or whatever would be a piece of cake for them.
Did you bother reading the scan you’re using when they flat out point out how they cannot affect him at all?
Did you bother reading my posts or his profile where it flat out says they can't force him to lose? Cutting his thread is forcing him to lose.
Because it doesn’t say anything about them affecting him.
Selective reading perhaps?
She rested her hand on the thread, then slowly stroked it before turning to her sisters. "What have you done? This is outrageous! Cut the thread now, Lahkesis. Now!"

"You and Atropos are responsible, meddling individually."

"Find out if he has somehow escaped from his thread of destiny, though I feel it is only your and Atropos poor judgement and poorer execution that is responsible"
Not sure how you're failing to grasp what is being said here

Lahkesis and Atropos manipulated Kratos's fate individually > Clotho realizes how they changed his fate > She tells them to cut it > It fails
you mean the same person that tries to pluck his string but couldn’t do a thing about it? The very thing said in the scan you posted?
How many times are you going to ignore this? Kratos's fate can and was still being manipulated, they just couldn't directly force him to lose like cutting his thread or changing his fate so that he'd lose.
Ok so you’re not going to bother read the scan that said they couldn’t do anything about his fate whatsoever as an attempt to say I’m pulling shit out of my ass.
The irony, you're questioning whether I've read the scan and I'm questioning whether or not you've read the scan.
Her talking to her own sisters about how they cannot be able to manipulate Kratos’ fate, the same guy that’s not on their side as he’s clearly trying to kill them. Is proof that she’s lying to him about them controlling his own fate. Why would they lie to each other that Kratos’ fate can’t be manipulated if they’re on the same side?
Except nowhere do they say Kratos's fate can't be manipulated, Lahkesis confirms she's been manipulating his fate right up until the end of the second game.

The Sisters clearly had different views of what should be done, Clotho freaking out over how Lahkesis changed Kratos's fate then demanding his thread be cut and Lahkesis herself specifically allowing Kratos to make it to the temple clearly shows that.
no it doesn’t, if it can be manipulated in general then he wouldn’t beat the sisters at all. They’d at best manipulate his fate to die or at worst manipulate it to where he couldn’t kill then, something that clearly didn’t happen.
Making him fated to die isn't something they can do, because that would force him to lose.

As for your second point, what evidence is there that the Sisters of Fate can do that? Make themselves completely unkillable, there's none.
*The novel scan of them being unable to manipulate his fate says otherwise.
*Again by your own logic anyone who puts any obstacle, like monsters and booby traps to stop someone from progressing is manipulating fate.
*So why are they putting obstacles against Kratos if they’re supposedly let him in? Answer that question because it makes no sense given the context of the novels.
  • You mean the novel scan that literally has Clotho scolding Lahkesis for manipulating Kratos's fate and demands it be cut?
  • Your second point is frankly so stupid that isn't not even worth entertaining for a second time.
  • Because they're not a hivemind, they're separate individuals with separate personalities and goals, as evident by the fact that Lahkesis took it upon her self to individually manipulate Kratos's thread and even allowed him to make it to the temple.
you still haven’t given me proof on the obstacle part being remotely a fate thing as opposed to a general “traps and monsters” thing so I’m assuming you have no evidence now.
Again, no idea what you're going for here, you're dragging out this point even though it was never something I brought up.

I would call this bias, but it's just a blatant disregard of what's presented.

Kratos in-game of GoW 3 even says "The sisters of fate could not hold me".

Bias how? Because I'm proposing a change to your favorite verse?

No idea how you think that twitter comment means anything at all, not to mention that twitter comments like that aren't allowed to be used iirc.

Kratos says that because he beat them... Obviously... Like, what is your point with that.

No idea how you think that twitter comment means anything at all, not to mention that twitter comments like that aren't allowed to be used iirc.
I'm neutral on this, but honestly, that's not just some random Twitter statement. That's Matt Sophos, one of the lead writers of GOW4 And Ragnorok. And WOG statements are fine as long as they don't contradict.

Yeah, every creature except for Kratos, something they admit to have not happened, unless you’re arguing they’re controlling other creature’s fates to fight Kratos then, meaning it’s not him he’s manipulating so that argument still doesn’t work here.

Which is again manipulating his fate, something that they cannot do.

what part of this remotely proves they’re manipulating his fate when they themselves said he’s out of their control in the same scan?

you have not proved that whatsoever besides a statement that’s proven by the opposite, making monsters fight Kratos which doesn’t have anything to do with manipulating fate as anyone with prep time can do that, and A blatant lie as shown with the scan on them making obstacles. Are you going to answer my question on why they would manipulate his fate to let him close if they tried to put obstacles against him or no? Because you’re shooting yourself in the foot here.

And you’ve not proven anything from the scan that proves he doesn’t resist fate so that’s not helping your case here on who did and didn’t read the scan.

the scan you posted proves otherwise, and again, a blatant lie which I’ve explained already why it’s a lie, if you aren’t going to disprove why she isn’t lying here then your argument doesn’t work here.

you’re saying that he’s specifically only unable to lose, making him unable to kill them or do anything to them by your own logic is him not losing, that alone is a stalemate.

*The same scan saying he’s out of their control.
*So you admit your obstacle argument doesn’t work here, good to know we agree on something here.
*They’re all trying to stop Kratos from reaching them, they all are trying to do that, especially when they tried to cut his string and have obstacles against him, they don’t differ with this goal here as it makes no sense for them.

Stop lying you brought it up on your own OP
Kratos's fate was changed by The Sisters of Fate, they put numerous obstacles in his path as it explicitly states, which is what Kratos spends most of the second game overcoming, they just couldn't actually directly force him to lose, however, his fate was still manipulated.

Yeah, every creature except for Kratos, something they admit to have not happened, unless you’re arguing they’re controlling other creature’s fates to fight Kratos then, meaning it’s not him he’s manipulating so that argument still doesn’t work here.
You keep saying they admit that they can't manipulate Kratos's fate but that's never said anywhere and not only that but I've shown instances where they're clearly said to have done so
Which is again manipulating his fate, something that they cannot do.
They can't cut his thread or force him to lose, something I've already said I agree with and is already written on his profile, they can however still manipulate his fate as is stated by both Clotho and Lahkesis.
what part of this remotely proves they’re manipulating his fate when they themselves said he’s out of their control in the same scan?
Every post you make just further convinces me that you can't read for shit, either that or you're just playing dumb, so much for impartial staff members.

Nowhere do they say Kratos is out of their control, they say he's developing a will uncontrolled by their determination of his fate, something being developed isn't finished or complete, Kratos is still able to be affected by them, nowhere is the opposite said and there are feats of them manipulating his fate which you've failed miserably in hand waving away.
you have not proved that whatsoever besides a statement that’s proven by the opposite, making monsters fight Kratos which doesn’t have anything to do with manipulating fate as anyone with prep time can do that, and A blatant lie as shown with the scan on them making obstacles. Are you going to answer my question on why they would manipulate his fate to let him close if they tried to put obstacles against him or no? Because you’re shooting yourself in the foot here.
Nothing proves the opposite, you're somehow incredibly misinterpreting the passage of text as meaning Kratos's fate can't be manipulated them, which isn't stated anywhere in that passage and feats clearly disprove it.

The Sisters of Fate do everything by manipulating fate, that's their entire purpose, you can reasonably assume they put obstacles in Kratos's path by manipulating his fate, and again, if this were the only piece of evidence sure, but it isn't, Lahkesis is stated to have manipulated his fate on two occasions, both by Lahkesis herself and Clotho.
*The same scan saying he’s out of their control.
*So you admit your obstacle argument doesn’t work here, good to know we agree on something here.
*They’re all trying to stop Kratos from reaching them, they all are trying to do that, especially when they tried to cut his string and have obstacles against him, they don’t differ with this goal here as it makes no sense for them.
The level of cognitive dissonance here is truly something to behold.

Nowhere in that extract does it say Kratos is out of their control, like, if you're unable to read a pretty simple paragraph correctly, well, I'm not sure what to tell you.

Yes, I totally admitted to that, this isn't just another one of your weak strawmans.

Except Lahkesis directly states that she let him reach the temple and Clotho scolds Lahkesis for manipulating his fate individually, things directly stated > Your trash headcanon, what you're saying is bordering on a incredulity fallacy, you can't possibly believe that Lahkesis would both aid Kratos and want to stop him when that's literally directly shown and stated to be the case.
Stop lying you brought it up on your own OP
Don't accuse me of lying when you're clearly unable to to read even simple sentences, if you're misinterpreting my extremely simple posts, that's your fault, maybe you need to brush up on your reading skills.

That's two examples of the Sisters manipulating Kratos's fate after he gains The Power of Hope, his resistance is that he can't be made to directly lose by manipulating his fate, but his fate can still be manipulated.

Doesn't that warrant a limited resistance instead of a full one?
That's still full-on resistance. If someone who is capable of manipulating the fate of a something's entire existence from its inception to its end but is unable to do that to a specific person (in this case, Kratos who is explicitly stated to have escaped his fate thread) then that specific person has fate manipulation resistance. Them being able to manipulate Kratos' fate on a smaller scale is more a showing of their fate manipulation potency being stronger (or temporarily stronger) on smaller scales to bypass his fate manipulation when they are focused on controlling smaller parts of his fate rather than the fate of his entire life. That's the way I see it.

This is straight-up fate manipulation resistance and the Sisters of Fate simply overpowered the resistance somewhat to put it simply.

The scan in the page itself that you're quoting literally has the sisters questioning how his string being plucked is doing nothing to Kratos. None of your arguments have remotely contradict it as it's merely statements that are nowhere remotely backed up by any showings in the game.

Stated by two beings that are blatantly lying to Kratos as an attempt to make him not try and kill them? The novel scan on the page tells and shows us otherwise.

Ah great, an Ad Hominem, totally a great way to convince me that you're right and I'm wrong. Being outside of one's rule is practically the same as being outside of one's control, do you need the wording to be exactly Control and not Rule despite both functioning the same in this context? Because this is very ******* stupid to claim. So your whole argument is boiling down to semantics by saying it's developing, meaning currently being a thing, despite the fact they mention pandora's box being a factor into him resisting their power, and he's had it for god knows how long so he's gotten enough to stop the fates from beating him.

Ok so you're not going to answer my question then? Then I'm going to assume you can't explain how your arguments make any sense when you're arguing they manipulate his fate to have obstacles for him (something they do not need to use fate manipulation for), or that they manipulated his fate to get him there, something that contradicts the former point.

Already addressed this I don't need to repeat myself in the same post.

My apparent trash headcanon is backed up by the novels flat out saying they couldn't manipulate his fate. Your statements do not make any sense with the context of the story. I'm not the one saying that, YOU'RE the one saying that by saying she's manipulating fate for obstacles, while also saying she manipulated his fate to get to them, so stop throwing the accusations here.

Again another Ad hominem bordering on the line of a blatant insult. If you keep this up I will report you. Tone it down with the insults right now and actually give me some scans to prove your point, this is your first and last warning here.

1) First mistake OP makes.
He uses the fact that Kratos is gradually developing resistance to Fates overtime throughout GoW2. Clearly a reference to the "Developing will..." statement.

Well then that's clearly Reactive Evolution.
Something I had reserved for a future upgrade.
We don't apply resistance from middle of process when resistance isn't even complete yet. We always consider end point.
Scan clearly says, Clotho is unable to make Kratos even crippled with simple tampering of thread. Clearly showing impressive resistance to Threads of Fate at end of GoW2.

That's all we are concerning ourselves with.

So its literally irrelevant to argue what Kratos and Fates did in the past. Which is still wrong on principle...since Fates never manipulated Kratos's threads to make him win fights and reach Fates. Its factually wrong.

But its a irrelevant point.

I am surprised how a good nights sleep can improve your perspective on certain things, so you end up realising most obvious things.

Nice Ad Hominem. Hilarious that you can't go five seconds without insulting Glass or his intelligence in your posts.
When you accuse someone of lying you should expect a degree of hostility in return, especially when it's his fault for being unable to correctly read neither my posts nor the evidence in the first place.

Throw in the repeated strawmans, stonewalling and pure ignorance and he should be grateful I'm even being that tolerant.

Last edited:
The scan in the page itself that you're quoting literally has the sisters questioning how his string being plucked is doing nothing to Kratos. None of your arguments have remotely contradict it as it's merely statements that are nowhere remotely backed up by any showings in the game.
The same scan that has Clotho scolding Lahkesis for manipulating his fate?

They can't do anything that would directly make him lose, that's all that has been shown, such as cutting his thread or specifically manipulating his fate to where he loses, however, there are two instances of them still being able to manipulate his fate, saying they're both lies is a joke of a rebuttal, imagine if that actually countered anything, you could prevent anything by just claiming every statement is a lie without proof.
Stated by two beings that are blatantly lying to Kratos as an attempt to make him not try and kill them? The novel scan on the page tells and shows us otherwise.
It's so blatant and yet you're struggling to prove it, nowhere is Kratos said to be immune to them manipulating his fate, rather the opposite is stated, that he's developing a will not controlled by their determination of his fate.
Ah great, an Ad Hominem, totally a great way to convince me that you're right and I'm wrong.
My intention of convincing you that you're wrong disappeared around your second post, the abundant strawman comments and pure stonewalling told me you'd not change your mind no matter what you were told.

As for the Ad Hominem, as I said above, accusing someone of lying is going to bring out hostility, combine that with the constant stonewalling and repeated strawman arguments, such a response should be expected.
Being outside of one's rule is practically the same as being outside of one's control, do you need the wording to be exactly Control and not Rule despite both functioning the same in this context? Because this is very ******* stupid to claim.
Except they never say he's outside their rule, again, why are you having so much trouble reading a short single sentence?
if he has somehow escaped our rule

Find out if he has somehow escaped his thread of destiny, though I feel it is your pure judgement and poorer execution that is responsible.
I think most of your claims are pretty ******* stupid as well, you haven't actually provided any evidence for anything you've said, just claimed that Lahkesis and Clotho are apparently lying and even misconstruing the text extract to say that Kratos is out of their control etc when neither of this is stated anywhere.

Am I going to have to break down each short sentence for you? This is ridiculous, I get that you're purposefully being ignorant, but why are you making it so obvious?
So your whole argument is boiling down to semantics by saying it's developing, meaning currently being a thing, despite the fact they mention pandora's box being a factor into him resisting their power, and he's had it for god knows how long so he's gotten enough to stop the fates from beating him.
How is it semantics to use what is stated? You're using semantics by trying to argue that "developing" actually means "developed", which isn't the case at all, otherwise they'd have said "developed" and not "developing".
Ok so you're not going to answer my question then? Then I'm going to assume you can't explain how your arguments make any sense when you're arguing they manipulate his fate to have obstacles for him (something they do not need to use fate manipulation for), or that they manipulated his fate to get him there, something that contradicts the former point.
Answered your question two posts ago and you've been making me repeat it since.

Another strawman, jesus, you love that fallacy don't you?

They don't need to use fate manipulation for anything, that doesn't change the fact that to do anything they generally manipulate fate, it takes more of an assumption to say The Sisters of Fate manually put obstacles in Kratos's path instead of just manipulating fate for him to encounter those obstacles, because again, manipulating fate is what they do.
Already addressed this I don't need to repeat myself in the same post.
I've addressed everything you've said, hasn't stopped you from making me repeat it with every post.
My apparent trash headcanon is backed up by the novels flat out saying they couldn't manipulate his fate. Your statements do not make any sense with the context of the story. I'm not the one saying that, YOU'RE the one saying that by saying she's manipulating fate for obstacles, while also saying she manipulated his fate to get to them, so stop throwing the accusations here.
Quote where it's stated they couldn't manipulate his fate, you've repeated this like five or six times now but have yet to actually post a quote, they couldn't directly cause him to lose, which is something I agree with and is already accounted for on his profile, there's zero evidence they can't manipulate his fate at all though and two instances of them clearly being able to do so.
Again another Ad hominem bordering on the line of a blatant insult. If you keep this up I will report you. Tone it down with the insults right now and actually give me some scans to prove your point, this is your first and last warning here.
Report me, you don't get to stonewall, repeatedly make strawman arguments, miserably attempt to misconstrue the scan multiple times, accuse me of lying and then play the victim when I call out your inability to read simple sentences.

Last edited:
That's still full-on resistance. If someone who is capable of manipulating the fate of a something's entire existence from its inception to its end but is unable to do that to a specific person (in this case, Kratos who is explicitly stated to have escaped his fate thread) then that specific person has fate manipulation resistance. Them being able to manipulate Kratos' fate on a smaller scale is more a showing of their fate manipulation potency being stronger (or temporarily stronger) on smaller scales to bypass his fate manipulation when they are focused on controlling smaller parts of his fate rather than the fate of his entire life. That's the way I see it.

This is straight-up fate manipulation resistance and the Sisters of Fate simply overpowered the resistance somewhat to put it simply.
Yeah no...

Kratos gets his resistance from the Sisters of Fate, to say they're overcoming his resistance which comes from resisting their power in the first place is bullshit, and a weak attempt at dismissing the fact that they're clearly still able to manipulate his fate, albeit, not in a way that leads to his direct loss or death.

Even if it's still a full on resistance, it should be noted that they were still able to manipulate his fate to a lesser extent, he's not out of their control entirely.

The same scan that has Clotho scolding Lahkesis for manipulating his fate?

They can't do anything that would directly make him lose, that's all that has been shown, such as cutting his thread or specifically manipulating his fate to where he loses, however, there are two instances of them still being able to manipulate his fate, saying they're both lies is a joke of a rebuttal, imagine if that actually countered anything, you could prevent anything by just claiming every statement is a lie without proof.
What two instances?

That same scan proves their bravado later in the fight is false, a simple cripple effect cannot be applied to Kratos.
The fact that you claim that Sister's have any modicum of meaningful control over Kratos after this conversation is factually wrong.

If they had even minute resistance, that opportunity would still have been used by Sisters as useful tactical resource in the resultunt fight, and there are 3 Sisters. Anyone could have manipulated Kratos's fate and gave him tactical disadvantages, while others faught him. These Sister's love nothing other than spinning threads.
The fact that they were forced into being unable to do so, and have to resort to a physical fight without the additional ability to manipulate his thread goes doubly against your point.

We only concern ourselves with end resistance, not something in between.
It's so blatant and yet you're struggling to prove it, nowhere is Kratos said to be immune to them manipulating his fate, rather the opposite is stated, that he's developing a will not controlled by their determination of his fate.
Blatantly strawmanning. No one has claimed immunity.

Continuous development of resistance is all fine and dandy, but that’s irrelevant when when Kratos in that scan at that point in time proves his resistance to Fate is sufficient enough warrant a general resistance.
That just means his resistance only increases further beyond his perfectly normal resistance.
Except they never say he's outside their rule, again, why are you having so much trouble reading a short single sentence?

I think most of your claims are pretty ******* stupid as well, you haven't actually provided any evidence for anything you've said, just claimed that Lahkesis and Clotho are apparently lying and even misconstruing the text extract to say that Kratos is out of their control etc when neither of this is stated anywhere.
When you know truth from the scan, anyone with proper mental faculties can determine the cutscene in the video of the event that happen afterwards shows that Sister's bravado is a lie.

Thats how lies are caught almost always.
No one's gonna spell it out for you.
Am I going to have to break down each short sentence for you? This is ridiculous, I get that you're purposefully being ignorant, but why are you making it so obvious?
"If Kratos has escaped."
Well he clearly did. Sister's weren't able to affect him at all just prior to fight, and inside the fight as well.
How is it semantics to use what is stated? You're using semantics by trying to argue that "developing" actually means "developed", which isn't the case at all, otherwise they'd have said "developed" and not "developing".
Another strawman.
Glass concluded in the sentence that he has "....gotten enough resistance....".
As blatantly proven by Clotho being unable to even harm Kratos.
Answered your question two posts ago and you've been making me repeat it since.

Another strawman, jesus, you love that fallacy don't you?

They don't need to use fate manipulation for anything, that doesn't change the fact that to do anything they generally manipulate fate, it takes more of an assumption to say The Sisters of Fate manually put obstacles in Kratos's path instead of just manipulating fate for him to encounter those obstacles, because again, manipulating fate is what they do.
They did both, manually placed obstacles and manipulated other's to intercept Kratos's path.

Completely irrelevant against the fact that these events are in the past, and now he resists every meaningful manipulation of thread in the scan approaching Sister's fight.

Quote where it's stated they couldn't manipulate his fate, you've repeated this like five or six times now but have yet to actually post a quote, they couldn't directly cause him to lose, which is something I agree with and is already accounted for on his profile, there's zero evidence they can't manipulate his fate at all though and two instances of them clearly being able to do so.
Which two instances??
If this is something from past, don't even bother.
And don't ingnore that Clotho wasn't even able to harm Kratos.
from the Sisters of Fate, to say they're overcoming his resistance which comes from resisting their power in the first place is bullshit, and a weak attempt at dismissing the fact that they're clearly still able to manipulate his fate, albeit, not in a way that leads to his direct loss or death.

Even if it's still a full on resistance, it should be noted that they were still able to manipulate his fate to a lesser extent, he's not out of their control entirely.
You have to give proof that what this "lesser extent" is and whether this "lesser extent" is meaningful enough to warrant profiling it on both Kratos and Fate's profile appropriately.

Yeah no...

Kratos gets his resistance from the Sisters of Fate, to say they're overcoming his resistance which comes from resisting their power in the first place is bullshit, and a weak attempt at dismissing the fact that they're clearly still able to manipulate his fate, albeit, not in a way that leads to his direct loss or death.

Resistance and immunity are two different things. Kratos is explicitly stated by the Sisters to have somehow removed his fate thread which dictates the fate of his entire life, that is a full-on fate manipulation resistance feat. The Sisters only being able to manipulate his fate on a smaller scale says more about their powers rather than Kratos resistance to the powers.

So you’re just going to say that it’s a stupid argument and ignore how I said the novel scan backs up my point on it being a lie, great to know.

You do know Resistance and Immunity are two completely different things right? Also him developing a will outside of their control means Jack shit when he still resisted the string pluck that would’ve crippled him in the first place.

I’m claiming you’re lying because you’re claiming BS which I am calling out, your OP used “obstacles” as the argument, and you’re claiming that you never brought it up which you did, so stop backpedaling your arguments. Ah yes, I’m totally strawmanning you and not just well… responding to you. Also this is rich claiming I’M stonewalling when you’re the one who refused to answer my question on why your points make any sense in the context of the story when they contradict each other.

Except they did in the very scan in his page, how hard is this to understand?

“If he has escaped our rule” which he did, something proven in the very game itself. Yes I have proof that they are lying, you just refuse to either accept it or read it.

Again semantics which means Jack shit as his fate couldn’t be manipulated whatsoever in the game.

No you did not, you have not answered my question whatsoever on why they’d let him in if they also make obstacle for him. For someone who likes to claim I’m stonewalling you sure do that a lot here.

If you agree he resists it why are you asking for proof when you agree in the first place?

Ok, RVR it is then.

Yeah it's stated a million times that the
couldn't fates couldn't control Kratos at all. Not sure where this is all coming from

Kratos's quotes regarding Fate is a pretty dead giveaway that this CRT is bunk. Disagree with this CRT for Glass and Gilver's reasoning.

Also there is fundamental flaw in OPs logic.

Take an analogy.

If someone isn't even scratched by your strongest attack, how are you supposed to hurt them with your weaker ones?
Thats logical impossible.

Same with Fate manip.
If someone can resist literally death at hands of Fate manip, than how is he going to experience lesser manipulations of Fate?

Also that logical fallacy with using resistances from mid game. When we don't operate on wiki in this way.
What we only concern ourselves with is only resistance at end of game.
Especially ones involving Reactive Evolution, scan itself says and OP even used the same quotes for his arguements.

So OP's arguements fail on every lvl in most fundamental ways.

Yeah. I think it's funny that he was trying to say that "you can't read for shit" and then have the scan right above him in his OP say nothing happened when Kratos' thread was plucked.

Even in GOW3 Gaia straight up says the Sisters of Fate could not control him. Gaia's like nigh omniscient so that statement holds weight

Even in GOW3 Gaia straight up says the Sisters of Fate could not control him. Gaia's like nigh omniscient so that statement holds weight
The Sisters of Fate are far more "nigh-omniscient" than Gaia is and they straight up say she'd been feeding Kratos lies, which turns out to be confirmed, she was using him.

The Sisters of Fate are far more "nigh-omniscient" than Gaia is and they straight up say she'd been feeding Kratos lies, which turns out to be confirmed, she was using him.
Yet why would she lie about Kratos being unable to be controlled? Especially when she's the narrator of the series and is speaking to the player.

Thats the worst analysis ever.
Gaia is most Omniscient than anyone, because her true form exists throughout time.

And she never lied. Just because she did not care for Kratos's life doesn't mean she lied.
She is main narrator for majority of games.
Narrators don't lie.

Thats the worst analysis ever.
Gaia is most Omniscient than anyone, because her true form exists throughout time.

And she never lied. Just because she did not care for Kratos's life doesn't mean she lied.
She is main narrator for majority of games.
Narrators don't lie.
Except The Sisters of Fate literally determine Gaia's fate, the Titans are subject to the Sisters of Fate like almost everyone else.

Also, Gaia isn't Omniscient nor Nigh-Omniscient, get that accepted before arguing it.

Maybe not "lie" but misheld the truth and intentionally manipulated Kratos, The Sisters of Fate also directly state that she had been feeding him lies.

Narrators lie all the time, usually to keep things from the reader/player/watcher etc

Except The Sisters of Fate literally determine Gaia's fate, the Titans are subject to the Sisters of Fate like almost everyone else.
Titans yes.
Gaia absolutely not.
Profiles debunks this entire notion.
Also, Gaia isn't Omniscient nor Nigh-Omniscient, get that accepted before arguing it.
My use of that word was relative not absolute.
Perhaps I should have used quotes on that.
Maybe not "lie" but misheld the truth and intentionally manipulated Kratos, The Sisters of Fate also directly state that she had been feeding him lies.
Misheld the truth? Which Truth? Citations?

Yes, Sisters who like to put up false bravado in front of Kratos to save their face.
Who would benefit from calling Gaia a liar.
Not that it works.
Narrators lie all the time, usually to keep things from the reader/player/watcher etc
Ohhh? Really? all the time ? Bruh.
i find that hard to believe.

Regardless you need to positively prove that in context of Gaia. And in context of GoW2 and Fates.
Thats a big ass burden of Proof you need fulfill.

usually to keep things from the reader/player/watcher etc
And this is GoW3 Recap Narration for player information.
When GoW2 events are already over

When It comes to Kratos at least she may very well be. She's Been watching him his entire life. She even recognized him thousands of years before his birth. She knows pretty much every thing about Kratos
Considering the fact that she used him against the fates, why would she just randomly lie about him being unable to be controlled?
Not really. They don't just "lie" or least not in this series. Why would she try to lie about a Key plot element from a previous installment?

Titans yes.
Gaia absolutely not.
Profiles debunks this entire notion.
Gaia's fate is still controlled by them, just not as much as others, hence why she had to use Kratos as a proxy to beat them.
(The Sisters of Fate can partially control Gaia, but it takes considerable difficulty from their part and her ploys ultimately outsmarted theirs, leading to their downfall at Kratos' hands)
Misheld the truth? Which Truth? Citations?

Yes, Sisters who like to put up false bravado in front of Kratos to save their face.
Who would benefit from calling Gaia a liar.
Not that it works.
She didn't tell Kratos about her true intent, that's misholding the truth, she used Kratos and manipulated him, which is backed up by The Sisters of Fate literally saying Gaia was feeding him lies.

When have the Sisters ever done this? They blatantly admit that Kratos is breaking out of their control, they're not in denial about it, they haven't lied once.

Benefit in what way?
Ohhh? Really? all the time ? Bruh.
i find that hard to believe.

Regardless you need to positively prove that in context of Gaia. And in context of GoW2 and Fates.
Thats a big ass burden of Proof you need fulfill.
Yes, all the time in fiction, not specifically just God of War, things said by narrators are never treated as omniscient fact without proof.

Just to be clear, we're talking about Gaia's statement during the intro of GoW 3 right? If so, I'll go over that in the next segment
And this is GoW3 Recap Narration for player information.
When GoW2 events are already over
I mean, to be fair, Gaia's statement doesn't actually mean anything, we already know he's resistant to their power, I have never once said that's wrong, however, he isn't immune to their power nor out of their rule entirely

Gaia's statement of "The Sisters of Fate could not control him" is no different from Kratos's "The Sisters of Fate could not hold me"

All it means is that he was able to best them, not that he's immune to their fate manipulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back