• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 39

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or the opinion of any non-biased open minded individual. It just wasn't a major offense aside from him being a bit unreasonable and a bit rude. That's what this amounts to and it doesn't need further discussion. Perhaps it'd be best to drop the topic so as not to flood threads over minor events.

Matthew Schroeder said:
I think we should consider the opinion of an actual homosexual herself.
One person doesn't speak for a group. One gay person says its fine, cool, but not every single one does, like myself. If everyone else is in favor of a warning, thats fine, but I'm just worried about the precdent. Would we treat this the same way if he said "I don't likr black people?" Because I beleive that that woulf have more dire consequences.

Guys, enough of this whole issue. Personally as a black guy I'd be more amused than anything by something so blunt as "I do not like blacks", but context is pretty important and its not too terrible on its own. WOrse comes to worst we can just ban him later, but discussing this has gone on long enough.

I also think that this seems harmless. We cannot ban people for basic opinions, as long as they are not actually inciting violence and genuine severe bigotry.

We cannot go to Orwellian thought police extremes and overreact to the slightest incident. What are we supposed to do? Brainwash everybody until they exactly agree with absolutely everything, and punish them otherwise? That if anything is a very dangerous precedent.

If somebody simply said that they don't like autistic people, or some of my personal ideals, I would just react with "So what? Nobody is forcing you to." rather than take it personally. If they said that they want to commit genocide on everybody like me, as the troll group constantly do, that is a very different issue, but there is a fine line to not enforce basic politeness and respectful behaviour to fascist extremes that completely abolish the freedoms of speech and thought.

In addition, if I understood correctly, this was not even a statement about disliking homosexuals as people, just about that he does not like the concept in itself, which is his right, even though I am tolerant about it myself.

A warning to keep in mind not to let his statements get out of hand should probably be fine though.

A warning to tone down his behaviour should probably be fine.

I will check. Perhaps a ban would be better then.

Yes. He seems to be a constantly rude and disrespectful time-waster with nothing positive to contribute to this community. It is probably best to give him a permanent block.

Antvasima said:
Would the rest of you be fine with if I ban him?
I say go for it. I'd say a minor ban for now, but it looks like he isn't stopping this sort of thing any time soon without some greater form of intervention.

Judging by solid aizen's newest thread, they're a sock.

Mr. Bambu said:
I say go for it. I'd say a minor ban for now, but it looks like he isn't stopping this sort of thing any time soon without some greater form of intervention.
I gave him a 3 month block, but really think that he will just come back to behave in the same manner.

Ant, it is possible he will. One hopes that he will be the minority that changes. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Veloxt1r0kore said:
https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2389732
Read the entire thread, dunno if this is worthy.
Oh it's absolutely worthy. At first I figured he was just a user forcing his views on others and tried to get the discussion out of the thread that was being derailed and Wok gave him a warning. However it became quickly apparent that he was a troll and the situation devolved from there. After linking us to his writings (the point at which we figured it was a troll, I wouldn't advise clicking them) he went on to refer to us as, and I quote, "furless pewbic monkeys", with me in particular being even worse than the women.

I'm not offended, because again, this is painfully obviously a troll, but the user has managed to be sexist, racist, etc. He's not contributed anything of worth aside from a good long thread of laughs as we went along with the joke but it does get out of hand. Just some more of the interesting ones below.

Instead, you're being anti-fursist, obtuse, racist trolling monkies that you don't know the true meaning of a furry. Do you know how much the pain we had? You can't even survive a week, or a month while being a fur.

You're not a furry! You're an insult, a God's mistake! Only a true person accepts furries.
OMG shaddap! Now you're a furless-pubic-troll monkies! You are argretbully worse than both blks and women.
Hey, furless-pewbic-monkies...if you want to have your name change, then aplogize to me and the fur-kind and admit that the fantasy genre isn't a fantasy without furries...
And so on. Just a troll that really doesn't need to be here.

Antvasima said:
What do you mean?
EpicLore (removed their vote) changed their name. They have been trolling and making threads attacking groups like autistic people and even made an appearance on the furry thread above, basically making as much profanity as possible. They've also bypassed slur filter several times.

EDIT: According to Sayo they've also been trolling on the Death Battle wiki.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back