• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 38

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has come to my attention that we may have some sockpuppets. These suspicious individuals are User:TheBoneyBoi, User:KarmatheKing, User:Hardcorenerd, and User:Videogamer1265, suspected of being sockpuppets of User:Apatheticskell. Why? Let's review the evidence.

Additions: User:Waluigiisomnipotent

These four users:

>Only have contributed in threads in which ApatheticSkell has contributed

>Show up in packs to these threads

>Like to FRA and defend the votes of one another

>Seem to have fairly similar speech

>Seem to vote exclusively for Sans, a character ApatheticSkell is fond of

>Hell, the first 2 even have Sans related names, just like ApatheticSkell.

>ApatheticSkell seems weirdly insistent on counting their votes on the Sans vs Undyne thread, and says some sorta sketchy comments near the end.

>Finally, all were created very recently.

The user who brought this to my attention had some other suspicions as well, but these were the ones I've seen as very likely socks so far. This post may be updated, with links or further suspicions, or whatever. Other staff, what do you guys think?

My personal policy would be to do an IP check with FANDOM first, although I agree that the evidence is pretty solid.

They seem to be sockpuppets, yes, but it may be best to request an IP check.

The evidence brought up points to them being socks and I personally think they most probably are, but those evidences are still not conclusive. I don't like the idea but it might be best to perform an IP check.

Is somebody willing to ask Fandom or VSTF about it?

We cannot ask Fandom or the VSTF for IP checks simply because of sockpuppet suspicion. They don't give those out so easily for privacy reasons.

You don't need to ask for the IP, you can just ask them to check to see if the IPs are the same.

Well, I think that they have been able to help us in similar situations in the past.

Work smarter not harder folks. Or do both. Either way, I agree with blocking one to see the others response.

Okay. Feel free to try that then.

Sure, it's probably gonna be a little while before I add new files again so I won't really need to edit it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back