• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 38

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to ask but has TheOne134 been banned? We confirmed the connection to Mikasa or..

I feel sad that I have to do this, but I am reporting Weekly. In this thread ( https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2296937?useskin=oasis#421 ), he flat out says that he plans on making spite matches. He adds a cheeky "ovo" at the end, but if someone called someone a slur and then said "ovo", does that make it fine? No.

He also legitimately argued a character that has formal combat training is less skilled than a football player. At this point, he wanks RWBY when they can win, and ridiculously downplays them when they can't win to call it a stomp.

In the middle of the thread, he basically stops debating and at one point says "Fiction>Logic". To quote Dargoo's response: "I don't even know how to properly respond to that, as you're quite literally stating your argument doesn't follow logic."

And again, Weekly goes so far out of his way to make it a stomp that he claims that because Yang has never broken someone's bone, she is INCAPABLE of doing so. There is so much wrong with that I can't even begin to describe it.

This could be my way of interpreting things, but I believe Weekly also threatened to remove the match himself despite being the only person arguing a stomp.

Any of these things are fine in a vacuum, but when Weekly consistently shows a bias toward one verse to the point of wanking/downplaying to avoid a loss, thats a problem.

I'm unsure how Weekly having poor logic is misconduct, although I did raise an eyebrow with the threads he made for Dio after that, several of which came out as stomps.

I will admit I got carried away at the end of that argument, especially when another thread was made, and also admit that I could have handled the situation better. I got a bit passive aggressive as the debate dragged on, and that didn't help. I formally apologized to Weekly on the second thread.

I will say Weekly's conduct in that thread was a bit off in other places, Weekly also made a claim, edited their comment after someone pointed it out, then commented again claiming they never said anything, before also editing that out.

Overall I don't think this thread was that large of an issue; I think it was a minor issue that got extrapolated as both sides got heated.

Yeah, making bad arguments and saying things that don't make sense aren't against the rules. His conduct there wasn't great, but nothing too serious, as of now.

Let's not have like a million comments on this matter in either case.

WeeklyBattles said:
So...I made some matches using dio therefore I broke a rule...?
They're implying you made Spite Threads, although I don't think there's enough evidence for that past me just being a bit concerned.

Best to drop this now, though. This isn't report worthy imo.

Like the thread i closed because it was a stomp? Or the thread i was going to redo or close if it was a stomp?

Standuser081 said:
Wait, most of the matches Weekly made are even in favor of Dio.
That's why I said I was only mildly suspicious and that the claims didn't have much evidence behind them.

Like the thread i closed because it was a stomp? Or the thread i was going to redo or close if it was a stomp?

I think this isn't related to that.

Best to drop this; it's fairly obvious this isn't anything big enough for a report.

@Dargoo I didnt realize dio vs raziel was a mismatch so i closed it and i was going to try to fix kai vs dio and close it if it couldnt be made fair

This one I can understand tbh, that thread was a mess. As long as he doesn't actually follow through on his implied threat to bar the match's addition, nothing report worthy has happened, and as such this doesn't need to go on any longer. Further comments here'll probably get deleted, please find something else to deal with.

Yeah, that's fine. I'm not saying you did anything wrong; I said I raised an eyebrow.

Last call to drop this, though.

WeeklyBattles said:
I'm honestly getting sick of people reporting me on a whim over nothing...
I agree. As Matthew mentioned earlier, there seems to be a witchhunt going on against you, possibly from former Discord group members to destabilise our community. The constant reporting over nonsense has to stop, permanently.

According to Kepekley, Weekly was one of the priority targets of hatred in the Discord server. And practically everyone who reports / starts fights with him almost every other week was either part of the Discord, or is still part of that group.

I don't think this one in particular was linked to that, considering that the thread just kinda didn't go very well. We prob shouldn't dwell on it any longer than we need to though.

Isn't the HR group supposed to be talking about that rn or something? We don't really need to have this conversation in this thread. I think that's enough on this one report.

Let me say this:

Seeing a pattern of the same small group of people reporting Weekly over and over and often due to the smallest things - such as wanting to remove a versus thread, declaring something a stomp when others didn't - doesn't help the case that such reports are legitimate concerns from people that have nothing against Weekly.

It doesn't. It does the exact opposite.

It's blatantly obvious that some people dislike Weekly, and so are always watching for the slightest opportunity to report him. Or to provoke him in threads in hopes he does anything that allows for a report.

It's like constantly poking a dog with a stick until the dog gets mad and lashes out at you, and then acting like you were randomly and unexpectedly attacked. It's a bad tactic.

Matthew Schroeder said:
It's blatantly obvious that some people dislike Weekly, and so are always watching for the slightest opportunity to report him. Or to provoke him in threads in hopes he does anything that allows for a report.

It's like constantly poking a dog with a stick until the dog gets mad and lashes out at you, and then acting like you were randomly and unexpectedly attacked. It's a bad tactic.
Strongly agreed. I also think that I have used the same allegory myself on occasion.

Didn't he also create a page with an image mocking autistic people, or was that somebody else?

Hmmm, true. I thought it was only an image instead of a page, my bad.

He did apologize and personally i'd unban them after they promised to shape up (keeping an eye on them obviously), but i'll leave the decision to the rest of the staff

Well, the Mckmal group trolls tend to fixate on that I happen to be autistic, and have harrassed me a lot about it, so that this was almost the first thing he did in he wiki makes me suspicious.

Antvasima I also noticed it is the first thing he did on fandom right after joining, before requesting an unban to kaltias.

The way i see it, he is either a sockpuppet/troll, or he is new and did it as an unfunny joke, not understanding how anything works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back